Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The vocal minority is ruining WoW!

AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

May be so.

But wouldn't you think Blizzard would have an open poll that's open for two weeks to run ideas by the players before beginning work on such an idea, eg. Real ID, Premium WoW, Pandas, etc.

That way the majority would sway the changes. If some one was to complain that only a minority vote on the polls. Then who's fault is it for not voting? Not Blizzards.

Of course class balance is subject to personal bias and would be not be some thing for the public polls.

Comments

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

No, Blizzard is ruining WoW.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Show me a game more than a couple years old where someone doesnt say the developer ruined it.

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

I voted no because the game isn't a democracy. Obviously democracy doesn't work (look at america since it's strayed from the constitutional republic if you want an example) 

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

I dont think it would make a difference, a large number of people that play are youngsters and parents, if Blizzard asked people to vote on whether they would like toy story characters in the game, they would vote yes.  In fact I think a lot of people would reactivate just to vote yes.  The game is done imo, people are using it as a social network site now. go and grind a raid for a couple of hours to get their friends gear, then hang around the AH and jump about, filling the local chat with garbage.

To be fair Blizzard ruined this game a long time ago. Corporate greed and feeding the instant gratification of players.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Listening to the playerbase for opinions on what to do is always good.

You give your players a vote and it helps build a bond between player and developer's

Check Eve for example, it has a hardcore playerbase that is involved alot with the dev team.

WoW is losing the lead real fast and MoP isnt even launched, SWtor is finalized GW2 is reaching end stage production.

Add Archage to if you like a free to do what you want mmo might be the next best thing.

2012 is a real pain in the a$$ for Blizzard and 2011 they lost around 1 million players, and it aint getting much better here.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by jerkbeast

I voted no because the game isn't a democracy. Obviously democracy doesn't work (look at america since it's strayed from the constitutional republic if you want an example) 

Voting doesn't immediatley make something a democracy.

I voted yes because I do believe developers should get real player feedback instead of exclusively reading their forums for the feedback.  It fixes the vocal minority and silent majority issue right away.

• PKJackCrowPKJackCrow Member Posts: 231

WoW has 99 problems but a vocal minority ain't one

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

NO because you can't please everyone all the time... What if the general populace vote they want said feature in the game but when blizz implements it, 60 % of that General populace that voted they wanted it in the game doesn't like how blizz put said feature in the game.. Then it becomes a backlash...

Dev's should always try to design around the concept of is it fun to play, and not be too easy or too challenging. Now what a dev's finds fun doesn't always turn out to be fun for the mass population..

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

A game should mirror the developers soul and not the ones with greater vote count.

So I voted 'No'

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by AzurePrower

But wouldn't you think Blizzard would have an open poll that's open for two weeks to run ideas by the players before beginning work on such an idea, eg. Real ID, Premium WoW, Pandas, etc.

If only certain players answer the poll, you won't get a representative sample.

Polls are meaningless.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Draftbeer

A game should mirror the developers soul and not the ones with greater vote count.

So I voted 'No'

this is true, but sadly the developers in general are becoming too greedy and just want to charge us money and give us poop games.... so i voted yes

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

"Vocal minority" = stereotype excuse for the people who don't want anything to get changed for the benefit of other players.

So they try to play every opinion down as if none is ever popular beyond the forums and among the general playerbase.

And if Blizzard actually changes something, again blame it on the vocal minority -because Blizzard for shure changed it  because X% of the forum users aka 0.X% of the playerbase complained (insert single digits at will. you get the point).

A vocal minority can very well display an opinion on the forums that the majority of players share, but that does not fit into the box of the "blizz always caters to the vocal minority"-complainers.

• SnoopieSnoopie Member Posts: 14

Just let them die,

They don't need a poll or community support. Blizzard had it right all by themselves until they started listening to people around the BC expansion.

WoW is dead or is going to die upon their new expansion. Panda class? Less skill points? Less talent points? Blizzard.. You fail because you never understood and I even said this way back around their mauradon expansion years ago that was released on their forums that DONT LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY because people don't know what they want... no offence but its the truth. 

People were crying around BC about all the "math" they had to do, all the ristrictions that applied to their classes, all the points they couldn't put into special areas of their classes...

Think of it this way, you buy a coffee from a coffee store.  You order double cream/sugar BUT some people order just black coffee, so all of a sudden the cream/sugar people start complaining because the time it takes to make their coffee takes so long compared to the people who order black - but the people who order black don't complain because why? Its faster and they have no problems.  So what does the coffee store do with so many complaints? It starts saying "Ok guys we only serve cream/sugar now so get used to it".

Once an MMO starts listening to a community of millions of people the game itself loses control and loses everything it was known for.  There needs to be control but Blizzard lost that a long time ago.  That is why myself and many of my friends don't play it anymore.

We don't live in a world of "Listen to the customer" anymore because theres is just so many customers now adays with so many random ideas.  The only way to make sense of things is to take control and run things with your own imagination, if people don't like it - they don't have to take part in it because they didn't make it.  This isn't food or drinks this is an art of VIdeo games! The artist should always have it the way he wants it.

I would love to get back into WoW myself but the way the game is now compared to Level 60/70 is just aweful and a complete joke.  It bothers me how far Blizzard took this game that is why my comment is so long, I loved this game back at level 60 even 70 then 80 came and 85 came soon to be 90 and I have no interest of coming back...

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

They didn't ever gave me the impression that they are actively listening to what the player base comes up with. Stuff like more rp options and player housing has been asked for for years. They did listen in the case of open world pvp and adding incentives when TBC launched. But at the same time they added arena's which restricted pvp to instances to an even greater extent than pre-tbc battlegrounds already did.

They just add more of the same again and again and always a slight level cap increase rendering your current gear obsolete. WOW before TBC was at a crossroads and I'm afraid they went the wrong direction.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I voted yes, but the answer could really by yes and no.

Leaving a poll up to 6 year old kids would be crazy !!!!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I voted 'No'. Not enough people would vote in the polls (1) and (2) Blizzard already has a pretty good idea of what the majority wants. Having a poll on game changes would just give people another reason to complain about the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

I've only really started playing wow recently and am loving it. When i heard about Panda's my snap reaction was, I'm done, however my researched reaction is i seriously can't wait for this expansion.

As far as ToR giving wow any real competition in the long run is highly unlikely. ToR for all intents is a single player story line, a linear run that you can do with friends. Think about this, you have a friend whom joins months later, and you want to play together, there is no crunch options, he's gotta sit through all the cut-scenes, wait 150 hours as that's how far you've played and that's if you completely stop playing so they can catch up.

I'm sure it'll be an OK game but the sheer fundamental mechanics of how it flows is nothing for Blizz to sweat over. It's as close as it gets to 100% linear story quest progression. Now think about all your options in wow; as i mentioned in the "long run" swtor isn't going to give wow much of a run for it's money.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Draftbeer

So I voted 'No'

I pray for the souls of the WoW team then. Clearly they are lost.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

WoW already ruined a long time ago when they released BC.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Up to them really. I'll will say this though, Ultima Online Devs have pretty much always discussed changes to UO with the community before implementing them. Testing meant playing with the update or expansion and discussing it with the devs. The good, the bad, bugs, how enjoyable or unenjoyable it made the game and they asked us for ways to improve it. UO is still going after 12 or 13 years now and hasn't been forced to convert to the F2P model like so many others, yet at least. 

• Cuchulainn33Cuchulainn33 Member Posts: 7

Well, when you implement features in the game that break community interaction (LFD and more), then the community eventually goes to shit. Blizzard is the only ones to blame.

Help Funcom make AoC a better game; quit your World of Failcraft subscription.

Blizzard entertainment: ruining games for money ever since the Activition merge.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

blizzard already do customer focus groups, analysis etc.  The issue is that they are doing exactly what is being asked of them by the majority of the casual customer base.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• PagoasPagoas Member UncommonPosts: 120

Those who cast the votes determine nothing. Those who count the votes determine everything.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

No. Polls would not help as being online they could easily be manipulated. What you want is already happening anyhow, just not with "polls". Go onto WoW's site and get into the forums. I see post all the time concerning ideas that blues comment on. They're obvious watching the forums and listening to the players. 

The fact is.. the hardcore players are not the majority.. they are the minority. I am a casual gamer, 30, married with a child and a full time job. I have told people for years now that casual gamers are the target aduience, not the hardcore. People argued with me like rabid dogs... however, look at the game now and where it's going.. it's completely catering to the casual player (me). So.. I am completely happy about the direction and what people call the "dumbing down" of the game. When I get on for the few hours a week that I can, I'm able to get 15 or so dungeons and a bunch of battlegrounds done, which is wonderful.