Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"RUSH! RUSH!" Mentality of gamers today would minimize ANY mmo

Comments

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by Creslin321

Genre contamination, it definitely happens.

Sometimes I actually like it, ideas from some genres can combine with others very well to make something really good.

On the other hand, sometimes it can be bad where a genre loses its "identity" as your describe.  And this is what I feel has basically happened with MMORPGs...namely genre contamination with SPRPGs has caused it IMO.

That's definitely a good way of putting it.  Yep, there is the desire for feature propagation...but without the loss of identity.  Much better way of putting it than I did...lol.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

This is not a new mentality.  I remember seeing and hearing this same thing in early EQ days, SWG, SoH, Istaria...

I don't think this is new to humanity in general.

Venge

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Maybe playing the game (or "rushing" if you want to try to make it derogative) is why some people play games.

Personally I love a good rush through a dungeon.  My recent leveling WOW chars are mostly tanks, and it's the one role that's able to dynamically alter the difficulty of a dungeon (pull normally: easy. pull huge groups: challenging, extra-rewarding, and fun!)  I have a blast regardless of what level the characters are.  The fun basically only slows when I'm forced to schedule gametime and find some guild that doesn't suck (raiding.)

I think the OP's example is off, because I can totally imagine him taking in the scenery for a while and then starting to play the game.  And you know who logs in right behind him?  Some new player taking in the scenery and assuming the OP is a rush-rush-rush player because he's playing the game.

Meanwhile in the rush-rush-rush games there are hundreds of players just dorking around in Org socializing and virtually everyone passively takes in the scenery at all times while playing and appreciates a good vista point or a particularly excellent quest event.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

It's not derogative Axehilt...or belittling ...it's the damn truth. I'd say IMO 75% of MMO populations rush to cap to be "1st" in some category, or simply to be the best known on the server. It's all competition now for some reason more than simply enjoying an open wordl you can be part of and interact in adventures WITH others like it started as.

And your precious WoW was a main contributor to the first part of that statement. Was wonderign how long it would be before you'd show up to ridicule any model that showed community and effort and praise an MMO model that lended to single player "I'm the hero!" features and quick gratification features. again...console games are made for instant gratificationand rushing more than MMO's were ever meant for it.

Naw.  It's not the truth.  I don't think most people rush through games at all, I think the percentage of people who rush is much less than the actual percentage of people who even make it to cap which I don't think is the majority either.  And IMO most people that state this are trying to be derogatory. 

And once again there are plenty of good communities in WoW, just about every guild I've ever been in actually.  And there are plenty of groups in WoW.

Your whole statement really was an Anti-Wow Rant.

Venge

Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

Naw.  It's not the truth.  I don't think most people rush through games at all, I think the percentage of people who rush is much less than the actual percentage of people who even make it to cap which I don't think is the majority either.  And IMO most people that state this are trying to be derogatory. 

And once again there are plenty of good communities in WoW, just about every guild I've ever been in actually.  And there are plenty of groups in WoW.

Venge

LOL..ok.

Even though I played WoW for 2 years. It's from personal observation in game.

• PKJackCrowPKJackCrow Member Posts: 231

It's very true that a good precentage of players fill the push to be first in mmo's nowadays, first max level of their class world first kills, first to show of the gear. and its not just a small percentage. and this is not an anti wow thread either. this mentality probably started late EQ Days when guilds were trying to be first to kill the expansions as they came out. kinda took the world that eq was and ruined it alittle but luckily enough people played that were not the big guilds that it wasnt as noticed, it just got more amped up with the wow generation and contunies down this road.

Originally posted by Goatgod76

Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

Venge

LOL..ok.

Even though I played WoW for 2 years. It's from personal observation in game.

As was mine

edit - I don't mean the thread was anti-wow, just goatgod's response

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

I agree with the OP.  Slow down people!  A new update comes out and everyone just wants to get to level cap.  Enjoy the game...enjoy life.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I agree.

I would write a more elaborate response, but I gotta get my toon to next level before I go to bed.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled

I agree.

I would write a more elaborate response, but I gotta get my toon to next level before I go to bed.

Haha.

• KotatsuKotatsu Member Posts: 57

My first time with WoW back in 2006 I did the whole standing there thing. I was amazed. In fact I didn't even start questing until like an hour later. I just started running around checking out the area and landscape, talking to NPCs, killing things, trying to get over mountains. Yeah I had fun without even questing. It is sad that people because they have "limited" time every month.......like a whole 30 days have to, like you said, rush rush rush. Someone actually mentioned here that we have a limited amount of time. But its not a console rental game. We're paying a monthly fee to play a game that should entertain us for months. Even years if it sticks around. I see no point for me to buy the game, pay one month's subscription fee and then be done with it. We pay monthly fees for a lot of things in life. Things that we don't USE everyday or DO everyday. Its a membership fee practically. Sure I wanna grind my levels here and there, but I want to take just as much time into enjoying the game. Its an MMO. Especially if its an MMORPG whether or not you pay a sub fee, you still should be able to relax and enjoy a game. Not jump into the game with a battleplan ready to play it out like a console sports title. I have noticed a lot of people over the years are just to uptight in MMOs. They take things too seriously.  Like leaving the party becuz your group wiped once, or maybe they wiped and no one could heal them in time. Or the dorky guild master who gets irritated when you start talking about anything other than the game in guild chat.

I still run around in MMOs today. If you see a toon running and jumping up the side of a mountain trying to get over, its probably me.

(o'')-O Vs Q('' Q)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by zaxtor99

We see it all the time.

A hot new mmorpg launches. And you grab it at your local department store or game store a day or two after its launch day. You've been anxious to try this game forever it seems!

You install it, it updates...

You log into a character creation screen and spend some good time creating your virtual hero. It's "fun" to make his/her stats just as you desire, to make him/her look just like you imagine.

And you lean back relaxing in your desk chair as you log into this new and vast open world.

You don't even move your character for several long seconds as you just take in the graphical beauty that you see. You see NPC dogs and cats scattering about. Amazingly life-like birds flying off of nearby tree branches, and the clouds off in the distance look so real, make you feel as if a real storm is coming in. You have been logged in for just a couple of moments and are already getting sucked in. Wow, just wow.

It isn't until that moment that something else can take you OUT of this virtual masterpiece. It's the sight of seeing other people also logging into this world where you stand in awe. You watch them. All of them. Do they take even a few seconds as you have to look at their new world? To maybe read the help windows showing them how to play the game? Do they even notice that storm on the horizon or the birds realistic manners? The answer to all these questions for every new avatar you see logging in is an almost rudely screaming "HELL NO!".

They all do it. They IMMEDIATELY run for the edge of town. For the first quest in town. They hack away at the level 1 mobs and too quickly try to take down that level 3 mob. They are in a HURRY! RUSH! RUSH! ..get that quest and GO! Get that mob and loot it without even noticing what the heck it is you just looted!! LOOT ALL! SELL! ATTACK! TURN in QUEST!! RUSH! RUSH!

This facet of mmo games today is what truly can kill the mood in my opinion, no matter how much attention to detail the company put into the game. Nobody wants to just 'relax' and have fun anymore. And I don't really understand it. Why do people want to go buy a game like this and spend hours just trying so hard trying to RACE to max level or to RACE to max out their crafting skills? - Doesn't ANYONE out there still want to have FUN and ENJOY this mmo that was in development for the past six years!??

I've been in groups before where people care less about the chat and talk within. They complain that they are leveling up too slowly. But you're having fun! Who cares if we don't the perfect group compilation as you've already figured out. No we shouldn't kick that second mage out rudely just to get a Paladin in here! But nobody listens. The group breaks up because nobody else is happy unless they are gaining at least 67,000 experience per hour. They are gonna skip real life dinner and eat pizza at their computer so that they can be level 13 before 8pm. They've all got it figured out!

{{ Sigh... }}

Perhaps this is one reason why nobody can seem to find that "perfect mmo" any more. Perhaps we ALL have forgotten how to actually take whatever world it is, and actually have "fun". So what if the game doesn't have your idea of the perfect PvP or skill sets. It can still be a heck of a lot of 'fun' if we just allow our mindsets to change a little. Perhaps we don't all need to figure the game out so much that we feel like we have the most perfect avatar with the most perfect choices for advancement and gear. Couldn't we all just learn to kick back, relax, and take in the masterful beauty that we might see within one of these worlds without getting mad at the game because the level advancement is too slow for our taste?

Are we all really becoming mmo power levelers somewhere inside and making these games work instead of a place to enjoy and have fun?

I know people want their style of game. I get that. But it doesn't matter what game I play anymore. Every mmo from Darkfall to Rift is exactly the same. There is a lot of fun to be had in both of these games and all 300 mmo games between them. I really think that most of us have forgotten that aspect. Maybe, just maybe we should change US and how we act/play these games before worrying about how these games need to be more how we want them to be.

That's all I am saying. And I'm talking as much to myself here as anyone else.

Breathe. Look at the detail in those blades of grass blowing in the wind and those rugged snow capped mountains in the distance. WoW. Take it in, slow down, you don't need to be max level by this weekend for crying out loud. Let's learn to PLAY and have something called FUN again in all these amazing new worlds we have available today huh?

Just a random thought.

- Zaxx

I agree most what your saying and thats one reason also that i can't play mmo's anymore.

All tho the community in Darkfall is also not best this game for when it launched was awesome and i took time to absorb it and enjoy to the full one of few games i loved EXPLORING.

Last one for me that was awesome and community also is Asheron's call 2 where you clearly could see that community love the game and took time for each other even when you where not in same clan/guild/alliance. People in this game grind or do quests with total stranger and had fun for hours.

Or high lvls who still where avaible help you with dugeon if you ask when they pass by. This social behavior is almost gone:(

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

It's not derogative Axehilt...or belittling ...it's the damn truth. I'd say IMO 75% of MMO populations rush to cap to be "1st" in some category, or simply to be the best known on the server. It's all competition now for some reason more than simply enjoying an open wordl you can be part of and interact in adventures WITH others like it started as.

And your precious WoW was a main contributor to the first part of that statement. Was wonderign how long it would be before you'd show up to ridicule any model that showed community and effort and praise an MMO model that lended to single player "I'm the hero!" features and quick gratification features. again...console games are made for instant gratificationand rushing more than MMO's were ever meant for it.

Maybe if your definition of "rushing" was entirely wrong:

• Rushing: User wastes ~20% or more of their time traveling, finding group members, or in death penalty mechanics

• Not Rushing: User wastes 19% or less of their time in the above

That's not how rushing is defined at all.  Rushing is where the player is truly racing through content to get to the end. Hardly anyone is that competitive.

I don't "ridicule" anything.  What I point out is usually:

• Most people are right-handed.

• Company A makes a new product, but it's optimized for left-handed people.

• Sales are mediocre.

• Company B makes the same thing, but optimized for right-handed people.

• The market explodes.  No longer is a major factor preventing the product from functioning ideally for most users.

Is there still a market for left-handed MMORPGers?  Certainly.  But if you're talking about a very expensive type of product to make, clearly it's a better move to make it for right-handed gamers who crave gameplay (and most of all: crave not having their time wasted by unneeded inconveniences.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Please tell me how to give you reputation or rate your thread 5 stars bro....

You are 1000% correct.

I even had some guy on the Steam forums saying that if anyone plays an MMO even 1 minute later then the next guy they are doomed and will never catch up.

Yes he is being over the top, but unfortunately that is the case, so many players rush to level cap so they can feel uber, only to hop on the forums a week later whining there is nothing for them to do and wheres the new content.

Thats why I like F2P age of Conan...you can buy Armor sets for PvP and Raids so that you are competitive and not left out in the cold.

Also, why games like the Elder Scrolls Series are so popular....SINGLE PLAYER.

I for one who was in the SWTOR BETA, will be taking my sweet time with that game.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

I agree wholeheartedly, Zaxx.  I recently returned to WoW after a two year break and I'm enjoying myself using the new lfg tool for dungeons.  The major downside to this for me, however, is the break-neck speed at which other players seem to want to rush through the dungeon.  I like to take a minute to look around at my surroundings, enjoy the virtual world which has been lovingly created, and enjoy a spot of immerson.

Very difficult to feel immersed, however, when at least one party member always feels obligated to shout "go, go, go!" (grrrr, I hate that rudeness) if the tank should happen to pause for one extra second between fights.  It feels like being on a conveyer belt, rushed through the instance as fast as possible for maximum "efficiency".  Not at all how I like to play.

I did make an attempt at first to slow people down, using a bit of gentle humour and telling them that at my age (55) I simply can't keep up with the young'uns.  Some groups slowed down infinitesimally, but one group told me that I should play online chess if I'm too slow to keep up!  It's actually not just an age thing (I think), it's mainly to do with attitude.  Just as in real life I prefer to take things in as I walk through the countryside, noticing the large and the small, so in a game, I like to savour the experience (not xp) of what I'm doing.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by Grahor

Also, most of those people probably level their tenth toon.

Yep ... sometimes I'm angry with myself when I rush ... but for sure I never rush with 1st alt ... I always read carefully what is quest about, try to enjoy world around, .... next one guess will still read but much more superficial ... more alts coming in play less and less I read as I mainly already know. Only when returning after long time and thing are forgotten I start carefully reading.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

So much emphasis on getting to 'the end' or 'maxing' themselves they don't really spend time to enjoy leveling now a days. It does ruin a lot of games from being as good as they should be given credit for. I'll bet SWTOR will suffer in part that they want story focus. People all want to just 'pewpew' and get through things, its likely going to be shunned by a large amount of people. While I have my own reasons for disliking SWTOR, the story being emphasized is NOT something I would ever use as a reason it will do bad, unfortunately its a factor I think that might hurt the game that I don't believe ever should be.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

I would say its a mix of dev and players. On one hand you have the Devs who want to please as many players as possible. then you start getting the players that talk about how it takes to long to do this or that so the devs  throw in the INsta'Q'Ez,where you can just pop up a menu to join a dungeon...instead of having to actually travel to said dungeon.  Im with you 100% on this one OP :^) .

At first I thought these mechanics were nice "Hey all I have to do is select the ROLE I want to play in the party and then hit ~find group~ and the rest is done for me,I just sit and wait for the dungeon finder to find more people?...nice!". Then I started to realize I was in a lobby most the time lol waiting for the Q'e to pop up. "Hmm wait a minute Ive played games with these similar mechanics"...Ohh ya First Person Shooters with online multi-player. I really hope the upcoming MMOs DO NOT adopt these Menu/mechanics. They put some much work into the world then no one gets to enjoy/explore it. cause everyones in town Q'n up.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Many people if not most do their looking around at the" beauty of the game" in beta and prepare themselves for release in beta.  Release for me and many other people is about progression and more importantly getting away from the masses.  On release day the last thing I want to do is be leveling up with the masses and fighting for quest spawns.  Leveling becomes easier and much more relaxing when one puts some distance between themselves and the masses.  I love leveling ina zone where there are only 4-5 other players knowing that  this zone will nevefr be this quiet or peacefull again.

Many people play MMOs for guild progression.  To do so one must level as quickly as possible so the guild can have a chance at server and world firsts.  Not everyone enjoys the 2-7 days of leveling.  But they do it as it has to be done. Playing 2 days to 6 weeks (Vanguard release) with little sleep is hard work.  It takes a toll on your body.  But there aredefinate beneifts in terms of plat, ability to recruit and quickly being able to focus on endgame goals.  I have played most MMOs at release from EQ1, AO,  DAOC, Shadowbane, WoW,  Vanguard, AoC,  and many more all the way up to Rift.  The players now are much worse and much ruder.  The only players I generally see who are polite and have some manners are the hardcore players I see during the leveling race.  Many of those players are veteran old time players and recall when there were rules of ettiquite and respect that everyone follwoed. 

I see some casual players using the word rushing quite a bit in a demeaning way like the OP.    I think the problem here in most of these "rushing" posts is simple jealousy.  If people do not play the exact same way as the OP then there is something wrong with that person.  That is the implication.  We all play the game for different ways and for different reasons.  These people the OP is so jealous of actually choose to play the game, in the game rather than just writing about how people should play the game on forums.  My thought is if people who like to write telling others how they should play MMOs actually spent less time posting telling others how to play a MMO and spent more time playing these MMOs  they may end up worrying less about what other people are doing.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by nerovipus32

The majority casual voice wants to kill a game if it's not like WOW,  If the leveling is too hard they complain. if the pvp is not restricted enough they complain. if the game has no end game raiding they complain. if a game has story they complain and probably call it gay. MMORPG's died with the release of wow and thats why so many people hate wow, it is due to wow's success that the mmorpg genre  is in the shallow casual mess that it is in today. They need to divide the mmorpg genre into two different genres, mmog and mmorpg.

QFT.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by Axehilt

Maybe if your definition of "rushing" was entirely wrong:

• Rushing: User wastes ~20% or more of their time traveling, finding group members, or in death penalty mechanics

• Not Rushing: User wastes 19% or less of their time in the above

That's not how rushing is defined at all.  Rushing is where the player is truly racing through content to get to the end. Hardly anyone is that competitive.

I don't "ridicule" anything.  What I point out is usually:

• Most people are right-handed.

• Company A makes a new product, but it's optimized for left-handed people.

• Sales are mediocre.

• Company B makes the same thing, but optimized for right-handed people.

• The market explodes.  No longer is a major factor preventing the product from functioning ideally for most users.

Is there still a market for left-handed MMORPGers?  Certainly.  But if you're talking about a very expensive type of product to make, clearly it's a better move to make it for right-handed gamers who crave gameplay (and most of all: crave not having their time wasted by unneeded inconveniences.)

From this odd post...it shows me you are in the % of the players mentioned in the OP'ers initial post. You just want instant gratification and to put as little effort in as you can and still get as much as you can for it. So I am curious...IS WoW your first MMO? Because you seem to know little about what MMORPG's are (Or were anyways sadly) about.

Let me explain for you in as short a post as possible. *Er herm!*...

MMORPG's are about the journey NOT the destination. They were MEANT to travel through a vast world, explore, craft, fight, and yes, communicate with other players...as hard is that is for some to grasp. Not be instanced battle arenas with large IM chat rooms. Or be single-player RPG's that just happen to have other players hanging around.

But...I guess majority rules when creativity and innovation are an afterthought, and stuffing as much cash in the developer's bank accounts as possible takes precedence. Why you have dozens and dozens of bland, lifeless cookie-cutter garbage MMO's you have today. They entertain the mindless.

However, if you look at the growing number of posts of people complaining about said mindless MMO's and the numbers of those that agree with them...seems maybe sooner than you think, your kind will be the minority, and fighting a losing battle to have things easier in order to be fun for you. Guess it will be back to console gaming then.

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Okay, LOL. Let's see if we can CONVERT this ridiculously amusing post...

Originally posted by Zippy
    Many people if not most do their looking around at the" beauty of the game" in beta and prepare themselves for release in beta.  Release for me and many other people is about progression and more importantly getting away from the masses.  On release day the last thing I want to do is be leveling up with the masses and fighting for quest spawns.  Leveling becomes easier and much more relaxing when one puts some distance between themselves and the masses.  I love leveling ina zone where there are only 4-5 other players knowing that  this zone will nevefr be this quiet or peacefull again.

Many people (meaning ME) do their looking around at the "beauty of the game" in the beta (meaning my beauty is using the beta to figure out the most DPS classes and/or templates and the quickest mob spawns and quests to level off of). The last thing I want to do is have people to group up and have FUN with. I am a selfish gamer. I don't want to share loot or experience in a group. I want to level up and move out of the masses locations so that I never have to stop and have my choice of mobs with the greatest leveling efficiency all to myself.

Many people play MMOs for guild progression.  To do so one must level as quickly as possible so the guild can have a chance at server and world firsts.  Not everyone enjoys the 2-7 days of leveling.

I don't want to take my time spending a whopping 2 days or 7 days, OMFG, to max out my toon. I want to slice through all content in a SINGLE DAY if possible, no matter how little I enjoy the leveling process. I want to be the mostest "uber-est" person in the game first!

But they do it as it has to be done. Playing 2 days to 6 weeks (Vanguard release) with little sleep is hard work.  It takes a toll on your body.  But there aredefinate beneifts in terms of plat, ability to recruit and quickly being able to focus on endgame goals. 

Nothing needs to converted here. Yes, I can understand how having no fun leveling and making the game "work" just to try and hit the level cap first can take a toll on the body. Perhaps you should get a good nights rest EVERY night after a new mmo launches. Perhaps you might actually enjoy your leveling up process more and it won't be so much "work" as you say it is yourself right here. THIS was kind of my whole point in my OP. ;-)

I have played most MMOs at release from EQ1, AO,  DAOC, Shadowbane, WoW,  Vanguard, AoC,  and many more all the way up to Rift.  The players now are much worse and much ruder.  The only players I generally see who are polite and have some manners are the hardcore players I see during the leveling race.

So right there with your own words "during the leveling race" you admit that you really are only in a "race" to level up faster then anyone else. And you mention all the mmo games that you do this in. Hmmm. No wonder you see everyone else but your competitive buddies as rude. How DARE them kill that mob that you had your eye on after you killed the 3 mobs on you at this moment!! -- Psst, maybe if you slowed down and got some sleep at night after a game launchs, you might not be quite so grouchy, huh?

Many of those players are veteran old time players and recall when there were rules of ettiquite and respect that everyone follwoed. 
    I see some casual players using the word rushing quite a bit in a demeaning way like the OP.    I think the problem here in most of these "rushing" posts is simple jealousy.  If people do not play the exact same way as the OP then there is something wrong with that person.  That is the implication.  We all play the game for different ways and for different reasons.  These people the OP is so jealous of actually choose to play the game, in the game rather than just writing about how people should play the game on forums.  My thought is if people who like to write telling others how they should play MMOs actually spent less time posting telling others how to play a MMO and spent more time playing these MMOs  they may end up worrying less about what other people are doing.

Wow! You nailed it! I am extremely jealous! I want to buy a new game, get no sleep, and make a nice beautiful game nothing but "work" and a "race" like you do so that I can be so "uber"! So I can be a grouch just like you! So I can complain that the game has nothing to do three days after it launches because I've skipped over all the content in that leveling race! What is NOT to be jealous of with all that uber-cool-ness!

If you go back and re-read my OP, and take some time, not try to reach the end of my OP in 3.9 nano-seconds like you're trying to level cap a new mmo, mind you, - You just might see I am merely suggesting that we all should take the time to enjoy our mmo games. I even mentioned that I was talking to myself as much as everyone else.. maybe you missed that part in your "rush to get to the end", I don't know. But if you, kind sir, are enjoying all of your mmo games to the maximum enjoyment level, then by all means, simply skip over my post and thread as it obviously doesn't apply to you. {smile}

- Zaxx

LOL! So many of them here just keep incriminating themselves and proving your point true with each consecutive post. Sigh...the MMORPG genre is in shambles.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

MMORPG's should do away with levels and replace them with leveling skills. The more i use my two handed sword the better i am with said two handed sword, the more i use fireballs the more proficient i become with fire magic. This makes you feel like you are in control of your characters destiny.