Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] The Future Of WoW

Comments

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

Originally posted by BribarianI

The most depressing part for me about WoW is watching it morph into a sub + item mall shop

For that reason alone I won't buy any future blizzard products

We are talking about 3 mounts and 6 vanity pets. None of which will give you any real benifit except to show them off. That is all the ingame items the Item Mall shop sells. Pretty pathetic compared to other games.

If they start selling storage space, epic recipe's or gems, then I would understand the concern. But unless you are a pet aholic or just have to have that sparkle pony, then I don't see any need to even go to the store.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Which option do I check for "Already quit WoW, the steady decline has been clearly visible for years and has little to do with current events?"

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

Man you gotta give it to EA, all their games suck ass but they sure know how to market them.

Kinda a shame that Bioware got sucked into it all but thats business I guess.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I quit WoW after a one month return in October. I'm anxiously waiting for D3 and GW2.  I'm on the fence about SWTOR, I think blizz will lose 500k players to that game in december.

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

I guess WoW will die for the 14980598 times.

But in the end will still survive.

Still be the best, most popular and succesful game out there.

Yawn.

• manolarenmanolaren Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Requiem6

I guess WoW will die for the 14980598 times.

But in the end will still survive.

Still be the best, most popular and succesful game out there.

Yawn.

wow will never die. the point is that if they delay the MoP too much, many ppl will quit for other games. its the first time that so many good and higly expected games, are close to their release date.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

The future of WoW. They will continue to make expansions that will anger people who  play or have played. This will generate publicity and in turn new subscribers who want to see what all the fuss is about( or ex-sub;s who want to see what all the fuss is about).  They will continue to do this until the world implodes from all the anger from all the people who want them to do things their way.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

Not subscribed to WoW. Waiting for SW:TOR and GW2. One of those two games need to deliver good PvP though, I am tired of midless PvE gear grind from camp to camp. Used to be a PvE fan, now it's all about PvP lol

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , I don't always play WoW , but when I do , I commit suicide. :P

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Got Cata (-pulted? -clysmed?=D) out of WoW, got hope still for better expansion.

Now I see Panda, so will keep away.

Can be nice to play till lvl 20 for free if nothing else to do too...

GW2 is my best hope for good game now and WoW seems to be on wrong direction, but who knows, may be Panda is fun too

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Haven't played WoW since end of 2005. Have no intention of ever playing again...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Originally posted by kakasaki

Haven't played WoW since end of 2005. Have no intention of ever playing again...

then the poll is not for you :)

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

You missed out I quit WOW for Rift cos I did and am loving the PvP :)

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166

I dont play Wow 3 years...or meybe more

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• mrxennonmrxennon Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by manolaren

If you are a WoW subscriber, after the release of GW 2 – SWTOR – Diablo III , what will be your action?

None of the options you put in the poll, I already quit and dont play any other mmo, why? because everyone of them is either rubbish or resembles WoW, if I wanted to play a game that resembles WoW then i would of stayed with WoW.  Ive tried all the free trials to see if I could like them but unfortunately none of them impress me 1 iota.

Now I will play Skyrim, wait for a GW2, and  in the meantime continue playing B3 and MTGO.

• LuvrgurlLuvrgurl Member Posts: 1

I'll probably try GW2, I loved GW so I'll most likely quit WoW for GW2.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Well i guess wow has 2 expacs to go before u leave wow then. Cause its looking like maybe gw 2 will be out by 2014.

After all the rage over tor not given a release date everytime there was a game convention i cant belive gw 2 fans arent upset there is still no beta date yet. 

At least tot was in beta when they werent given a release date. Im starting to wonder if gw 2 will ever actually release or if its a just a really huge april fools joke.

• jakkarsjakkars Member Posts: 207

wow will go downhill from now. cata failed hard. but wow will not die until the day blizzard decides to do so. but MoP opened up for alot of asian subs.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

Not subscribed to WoW. Waiting for SW:TOR and GW2. One of those two games need to deliver good PvP though, I am tired of midless PvE gear grind from camp to camp. Used to be a PvE fan, now it's all about PvP lol

Lol im lean'n that way too...