Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

“What’s the best promotion your favorite MMORPG has offered you ?

I am open for suggestions...

Comments

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Whaaat?

My favorite MMO never game me a promotion.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• marlboro1213marlboro1213 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Joliust

Whaaat?

My favorite MMO never game me a promotion.

you want my e mail address? ill give you my e mail address...

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

If any MMO I have played in the last 10 to 12 years has ever given me a promotion, it was too trivial to be memorable.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

The only "promotion" that I was ever a sucker for was LOTRO Lifetime Sub, and that was one of the single-biggest, dumbest, largest gaming / customer moves I have ever, ever, EVER done in my life.

So no, I have no "best promotion" from any MMORPG whatsoever.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

Currently Playing Dungeons and Dragons Online.  For a 3 months subscription was given DDO points can spend in the cash shop.  Was given twice the normal amount, and with that bought the newest class from the newest Update 11, artificers.  Then I bought the only class I didn't have, Favorite Ones.  Basically they are a type of cleric with more spell points but less choices in spells, similiar to sorcs compared to wizards.  Anyhows, I got these Favorite Ones for 20% off.   So not only did I get access to all dungeons, shared bank, and lots of character slots, but DDO points to buy new stuff.  Then on top of all that, I get discounts on things I want.  Often they have a sale, and pretty happy.

Another plus is that while in game when you finish a quest  you get favor, and every 100 favor translates into 25 extra DDO points.  You also get more favor based on how hard of a mission you run.  People sometimes run missions they cannot handle because they are motivated by greed.  More rewards for more risk.    The challenge in DDO is certainly present.

They also have a promotion going on for $100 get a year subscription, but not interested in doing that at the moment.  Rather pay $30 for 3 months.  You can go month by month but the cost of that is too high, so every 3 months is a pretty good rate, but not the best.

I need to take a break from the game for a day or two, been playing it non-stop for months....

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• xtomhunksxxtomhunksx Member Posts: 6

they giving free items so you can level as soon as posible^^

• SlybaconSlybacon Member Posts: 48

Sub for 12 months and get diablo 3 for free!

slybacongaming.blogspot.com

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

Originally posted by marlboro1213

{mod edit}

Sounds like your friend would know the game, I would think they could tell you about it.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

pay xxx and get xxx ingame gold

It's like a master or visa card where you can pay 2 win in any game

But i'm too dumb to use the service....has to feed on moar brainz

• chiyuto123chiyuto123 Member Posts: 3

level 150 pet i think it will help me in my quest

really free in game items ? nice i will refer some of my classmates for me to have in game items too. 

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

The Auto Assault Collector's Edition:

• An in-game 'Pet' exclusive to the Collector's Edition a mini RC car!

• The full AA client on one convenient DVD

• Headset with microphone for in-game voice chat

• Manual - 96 full colour pages to help get you started

• Road Style Map - folds out to show the full glory of the Central Wastelands - 61cm x 45.7cm

• Soundtrack CD with 19 tracks by Richard Dekkard

• Explosive poster for your wall - 36cm x 60cm in size

• Engraved metal key ring

• Collectable Mutant, Human and Biomek postcards

• Exclusive bumper sticker

• Free Friend's Trial code for 14 days play in Auto Assault

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Great game play is the best promotion any game can do for me,i put no value on virtual pixels.

ALl other gimmicks are imo just forms of a bribe an extreme lame attempt to get my money.Free game time does not do it either because i couldn't care less about playing a game for free if it is crap.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Free baby Blizzard bear at WoW's 4th anniversary.

GuildWars put all sorts of stuff at half-price for their anniversary.  Stocked up on bank space :-)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

http://www.rappelz.eaglegame.com.ph/Default.aspx

best in graphics, pets system and pvp

RAPPELZ?? i heard it  about that game they say it was cool and awesome..so ill try to play that game

Originally posted by xtomhunksx

RAPPELZ?? i heard it  about that game they say it was cool and awesome..so ill try to play that game

highly recommended by my friends and me personally  you should try it....

yeah i tryed it yesterday and its not hard to understand the gameplay & controls & so easy to level now im lvl 90 thanks to  the free items  

Originally posted by xtomhunksx

highly recommended by my friends and me personally  you should try it....

yeah i tryed it yesterday and its not hard to understand the gameplay & controls & so easy to level now im lvl 90 thanks to  the free items

wow really what is the best pet of me ? i want to create an archer character here ?

Originally posted by chiyuto123

wow really what is the best pet of me ? i want to create an archer character here ?

that depend on what character or race you want  then you can select on what pet are you going to have but anyway you can have pets as many as you can.....

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Am I the only person who noticed that 3 of the posters in this thread are most likely the same person replying to him/her self in order to promote Rappelz? Look at the join dates, post counts and writing style, lol.

• UbbermannUbbermann Member Posts: 6

They're[He's/She's] not even trying... Seriously now....

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by Ubbermann

They're[He's/She's] not even trying... Seriously now....

Yep, they're nowhere near the best promotion most of us have seen for a MMORPG.  There have been some heinous spammers here for some games.

Still though, there is a growing crowd here at MMORPG.com interested in games available at sites like gpotato...gag.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• kingfelixkingfelix Member UncommonPosts: 214

Um, starting a thread at mmorpg.com and then quite tactlessly shifting the subject in order to shamelessly promote a game? Is that a type of promotion?

• hycxhycx Member UncommonPosts: 12

Haha, yea it's pretty funny, and insanely obvious.

This discussion has been closed.