Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Friday Update] Imperial Agent character progression up!

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/imperial-agent-character-progression

>>> YOUTUBE HD <<<

Gotta love those squishy shiv sound effects. And: HOODED CLOAKS 4 OPERATIVES!

Also that laser scope effect in the last seconds looks great.

Sweet.

Also info on the Revan novel with some free chapt0rz.

Comments

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Dear Bioware,

Do you realise I have freaking exams coming January?

How the heck am I supposed to focus on that if you keep releasing more awesome?

The Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior weren't enough, were they? Oh no, you had to make the Imperial Agent awesome as well....

Seriously, stop the awesome already. We know you can do it, you've proven your point!

Any more and I won't even be able to pretend I've got this mystical thing called a 'Real Life' going on.....

Please, I beg you, for the sake of my sanity: stop this madness!

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by gobla

Dear Bioware,

Do you realise I have freaking exams coming January?

How the heck am I supposed to focus on that if you keep releasing more awesome?

The Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior weren't enough, were they? Oh no, you had to make the Imperial Agent awesome as well....

Seriously, stop the awesome already. We know you can do it, you've proven your point!

Any more and I won't even be able to pretend I've got this mystical thing called a 'Real Life' going on.....

Please, I beg you, for the sake of my sanity: stop this madness!

Hehe yeah man.

p.s. Surprised to see that the sniper gear is so very imperial. Purely in looks it's more of a mirror of the trooper; both have that distinct military outfit thing going on.

• Cobra commander is an agent image

loved the operative outfitsimage

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by DarkPony

: HOODED CLOAKS 4 OPERATIVES!

Me likey..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

finnnaaaallllyyy!!!

Cool vid.    The IA reminds me of a Trooper mixed in with bits of the bounty hunter.     go go gadget bombs!!!

• TaiyohTaiyoh Member UncommonPosts: 48

Huh, I gotta say that the Imperial Agent looked the least interesting to me... Up until now that is. You can say that the Agent has crawled up my rank ladder of interest. :P I especially loved the last Sniper outfit. It looks like an imperial trooper, yet it shows that they're more elite than the regular soldiers.

Updated OP with Youtube HD linkage.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Story-wise the character is certainly going to be cool, and high on my list. But the movie didn't really look that interesting. Half of the targets were standing still or otherwise not convincing situations... Other combat videos of other classes looked cooler IMO.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

And they wonder why people are having trouble picking a class.  They make them all seem so damn interesting. Right now it's looking like I'll be playing all classes but only certain AC's.

Top of the list and first to be played will be:

Trooper - Commando

Sith Inquistor - Sorcerer & Assassin

Smuggler - Gunslinger

Sith Warrior - Marauder

Imperial Agent - Sniper & Operative

Bounty Hunter - PowerTech (Getting Blizz is just a bonus)

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

By all that is holy(unholy) Bioware please stop i am still having trouble deciding on a main. And you go and roll out a trailer like that? So i guess its between sith warrior-bounty hunter and now IA-Operative. Thanks!!!!image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• So a jedi just sits there for like 5 second with a laser tagetter pointed right at his forhead and just lets it hit him?

I mean I can't see the future even and I woulda moved ...

• ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371
    The gadgets are sick. Pretty clear I will be rolling at least one of every class I think
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Still think the IA got out shined by the Smuggler.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

Those are all cutscenes and staged/choreographed videos. No gameplay videos at all. Visuals look good, but is shows nothing of how you actually play; so I don't understand all the screams.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Originally posted by Grahor

Those are all cutscenes and staged/choreographed videos. No gameplay videos at all. Visuals look good, but is shows nothing of how you actually play; so I don't understand all the screams.

I went back and watched again. And actually, there is open world gameplay video throughout. But yes, it is choreographed with camera views only the devs will have. So most of the angles minus a few will not be seen by the player in game. As far as the close up views of the skill affects and animations. But they were the animations and skills we will see, it will just be from a 3rd person view as in most MMOs. So no screaming from me, but still a very nice video and look at skills and armor of the IA.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

Nah as far as I could tell it was actual gameplay and actual skills, effects and sounds. The only artificial aspects were music, editting and camera angles.

This is why sometimes the transitions from skill to skill looked a little static / wooden, like Elikal wrote. I am fine with that as I also see a lot of animation goodness in there, to give an example; The very last scene where the sniper has her gun packed, pivots around and casually walks off just looked incredibly smooth to me.

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

This video just confirms my choice for IA Sniper.

Loved the different armors.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The past sniper armor set was sick. And is that operative shanking guys and leaving the blade in while she shoots them in the face? Savage haha

Originally posted by Foomerang

The past sniper armor set was sick. And is that operative shanking guys and leaving the blade in while she shoots them in the face? Savage haha

Hehe, also reviving her companion right before setting off the big explosion right next to her was kinda cruel.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Future operative here, reporting in. 

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Still waiting patiently for my sith inquisitor progression video

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

Originally posted by artemisentr4

I went back and watched again. And actually, there is open world gameplay video throughout. But yes, it is choreographed with camera views only the devs will have. So most of the angles minus a few will not be seen by the player in game. As far as the close up views of the skill affects and animations. But they were the animations and skills we will see, it will just be from a 3rd person view as in most MMOs. So no screaming from me, but still a very nice video and look at skills and armor of the IA.

No, there isn't. There is a staged video happening in the area of the "open world area", but it isn't, by itself, a gameplay video. There is at least one 100% giveaway: there are no floating numbers over the heads of actors. :) Plus, of course, a lot of other small giveaways.

It uses animations and skills from the game itself, but the behavior of actors ingame will not be the same at all. The difference in feel of combat will be huge, as far as I can judge from the videos of actual gameplay, compared to that presentation.

With the lack of that behavior (action/proper reaction/meaningful activity on the part of all the actors) - the gameplay will have very different feeling.

P.S. The closest to the actual gameplay would probably be the sequence with a spider, but even there it is rather painfully obvious how spider's behavior is tightly controlled to put him into the correct position for sniper to make all those elaborate preparations and shots, etc.

P.P.S. And _red barrel_? RED BARREL WITH "explosives" sign so that you could shoot it to kill the spider? Really? I mean? REALLY?!! Could we at least have it NOT RED?

• Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by Foomerang

Hehe, also reviving her companion right before setting off the big explosion right next to her was kinda cruel.

if you knew kayilo you might understand. ;)

No, there isn't. There is a staged video happening in the area of the "open world area", but it isn't, by itself, a gameplay video. There is at least one 100% giveaway: there are no floating numbers over the heads of actors. :) Plus, of course, a lot of other small giveaways.

It uses animations and skills from the game itself, but the behavior of actors ingame will not be the same at all. The difference in feel of combat will be huge, as far as I can judge from the videos of actual gameplay, compared to that presentation.

With the lack of that behavior (action/proper reaction/meaningful activity on the part of all the actors) - the gameplay will have very different feeling.

The closest to the actual gameplay would probably be the sequence with a spider, but even there it is rather painfully obvious how spider's behavior is tightly controlled to put him into the correct position for sniper to make all those elaborate preparations and shots, etc.

Hide UI?

Anyway, you are basically saying the same thing: in game scenery, in game skills and animations, etc.

But then you go "abstract mode" by saying stuff like "the behavior of actors won't be the same at all" / "the gameplay will have very different feeling" by having not the same "action/proper reaction/meaningful activity on the part of all the actors".

I think there might have been some minor tampering with positioning and stuff, but most of it seems very similar to actual gameplay. The big difference with the actual game would just be due to the cutting and editing of scenes and cinematic camera angles. So it is a bit far fetched to say the gameplay will feel very different.

• Originally posted by DarkPony

The closest to the actual gameplay would probably be the sequence with a spider, but even there it is rather painfully obvious how spider's behavior is tightly controlled to put him into the correct position for sniper to make all those elaborate preparations and shots, etc.

Hide UI?

Anyway, you are basically saying the same thing: in game scenery, in game skills and animations, etc.

But then you go "abstract mode" by saying stuff like "the behavior of actors won't be the same at all" / "the gameplay will have very different feeling" by having not the same "action/proper reaction/meaningful activity on the part of all the actors".

I think there might have been some minor tampering with positioning and stuff, but most of it seems very similar to actual gameplay. The big difference with the actual game would just be due to the cutting and editing of scenes and cinematic camera angles. So it is a bit far fetched to say the gameplay will feel very different.

heck as far as the flytext goes, you don't even need to do hide UI to get rid of it (just need it so we dont have to see the rest of the UI ;)).  last year when the devs confirmed their would be flytext(because why wouldn't there be) they also said there was an option to turn it off