Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG or MMO That Works on Ubuntu/Linux?

hash1hash1 Member Posts: 32

Hey guys, ive recently started playing runescape basically because its the only game I can get working because im running Ubuntu. Im really tired of cutting yews all the time and have found now that im alot olderthan when I first started playing the player base is just a little to immature for my likings.

At this point in time im up for anything. I would also prefer the game to be f2p.

Previous game history: Diablo 1 & 2 (All time favorites), WOW, Runescape, EVE, Maplestory, Wonderking(Enjoyed this game quite a bit as well). LOTRO (Installed played for 20 minutes and the uninstalled)

Im up for suggestions! Thanks.

Comments

• XenharmonicXenharmonic Member Posts: 18

Being a linux user you've probobly heard of WINE and whatnot?

Apparently EVE (which im resubbing to shortly, haha) runs on it: http://support.eveonline.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=499

but if you're not interested in that im sure lots of other games run on windows emulators...

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Dungeons and Dragons Online might suit your taste.  Its a more mature game from my expierence although that was when it was p2p.   Getting it to work with ubuntu might take some doing though. 

I run a dozen or so linux OS's with virtual box, I really love other OS's besides windows. 

• HardWalkerHardWalker Member Posts: 84

Heroes of Newerth works on linux natively w/o the use of Wine. It's not an MMO, but a pretty good game. 

Other than that, you're going to have to learn to use Wine. 

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322

Ryzom offers a Linux client and the game also has a unlimited trial...though if you want to play past the skill cap implimented on the unlimited trial you will have to sub to it.

• hash1hash1 Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by eycel

Dungeons and Dragons Online might suit your taste.  Its a more mature game from my expierence although that was when it was p2p.   Getting it to work with ubuntu might take some doing though. 

I run a dozen or so linux OS's with virtual box, I really love other OS's besides windows. 

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Im currently installing D&D and will give that a go. The installation is going smoothly so far using crossover games for linux. Ill let you know howit turns out.