Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2: F2P and Goddess of Destruction Q&A

2»

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Least its not a Ragnarok Online attempt at F2P. Might actually bring people off Private Servers to play on it.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Cant wait for this to launch so does this mean Goddess Of Destruction in December too?

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

Best mmo experience ive ever had is lineage 2. Cant wait for the update of Goddess and lineage 2 going free to play is the best move at this point.If you have never tried this game you are missing out

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

Best Free 2 Play model I've ever seen. Look out for the second coming of Lineage 2.

• Dutch57Dutch57 Member UncommonPosts: 31

Nice to see LineAge 2 going to f2p....It was mine first mmorpg  en i had fun  playing this

game ...Left  a few years ago ...for Aion..but i will play this game again

And find out of the good old feelings of playing will come back ...Don't mind the grind

Just love to play it again ..because you never forget the good times you had with your

first love ...for me it's with LineAge 2 the same

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613
    When does it go free 2 play anyone know?????

• PatroclusPatroclus Member UncommonPosts: 4

hours of grinding and tons of flaming in giran... what else a man could want?

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

I have played L2 for several years (on private servers, with very low xp, I confess). I never had as much fun on anything else MMO, and I am tempted by this... maybe.

• narutoboynarutoboy Member Posts: 2

freaking great news!!

i've been playing this game for the past 5 or 6 years. I always loved it but there were some clan drama's or the private servers were too laggy sometimes. I also played official for 1 year. I just quit this year because there were no good private servers to play on and i could not afford a subscription.

Best mmo experience of my life in Lineage 2. Smart move making it f2p and as people said it's gonna eradicate 90% of the private servers. And instead of donators on prive servers we'll have users who shop from the L2 Shop. Maan the nostalgia...

Can't wait to play again!

• DF08SaidDF08Said Member UncommonPosts: 24

that is awesome news.. i was playing this alow back in the days before it went p2p..

im happy its going F2p again! cant wait to play again!

Originally posted by FastTx

Best Free 2 Play model I've ever seen. Look out for the second coming of Lineage 2.

How do you know it's the best f2p model? Are you psychic?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Torvaldr

I'm sure some people won't like the cash shop selling power items in a pvp game so that might be a deal breaker for them. 

Where did you get this from? from what I understood it was exactly the opposite of their intentions.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Click to move?  You're kidding me?  I was going to give this a go until that part :(

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

Originally posted by Wolfhammer

Click to move?  You're kidding me?  I was going to give this a go until that part :(

I did some reading on their site in anticipation of the F2P launch to get info on the game, browse the forums, read beginner FAQs.  I'm suggest that anyone who is interested in any game do the same (and most do).  It might eliminate the knee-jerk reactions seen above.

"If you prefer using the WASD keys to move, press Alt+X to open the System menu. Choose Options, and in the Game tab, click “Enter Chat”. Click OK to save your choice. The WASD keys will now move your character.."

http://www.lineage2.com/guide/new_l2.html

That said..some more reading showed some threads where players were finding the WASD movement to be glitchy.  Maybe someone who's used it can comment?

• DevianeDeviane Member UncommonPosts: 108

like most games u can use wasd but in the time i played it  most ppl used click to move, but we are talking on a time  when 2d games wasnt a bad  thing like lineage 1 and mu online...pbly is it better now

i love lineage but tbh  pbly still will be very grindy and   sieges on a f2p...wow  that  always just blows u used to have to be in a top tier guild to even  think about go to a siege when l2 was sub based...now on f2p....will probably be  twice as hard with all those players

some say l2 have one of the most balanced pvps  wich i think is not the case but maybe  a f2p will be good for that deserves a try for the kill them all goodness even if is not my thing....il pbly will try   l2 again but i dont have any hopes to stay...swtor and gw2 just look too good imo but l2 will always have a place at one of the most  fun  mmos

btw my english sucks :P

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Telondariel

Originally posted by Wolfhammer

I did some reading on their site in anticipation of the F2P launch to get info on the game, browse the forums, read beginner FAQs.  I'm suggest that anyone who is interested in any game do the same (and most do).  It might eliminate the knee-jerk reactions seen above.

"If you prefer using the WASD keys to move, press Alt+X to open the System menu. Choose Options, and in the Game tab, click “Enter Chat”. Click OK to save your choice. The WASD keys will now move your character.."

http://www.lineage2.com/guide/new_l2.html

That said..some more reading showed some threads where players were finding the WASD movement to be glitchy.  Maybe someone who's used it can comment?

It does not matter right now, actually.

WASD movement has been greatly improved in upcoming GoD expansion :)

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by Yuui

Originally posted by Telondariel

It does not matter right now, actually.

WASD movement has been greatly improved in upcoming GoD expansion :)

I have used the WASD...for about 10 seconds. It was not working right. But yeah, they may have been working on that for GoD.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

My favorite MMO, definitely coming back to this.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by I_Return

Is it me  or is Lineage 2 one of the only games that has kept most of their promises.....

Not only you - they did. Only their time-table has been strehed a bit more because of the large number of devs leaving in 2007-2008 :(

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I am going back to L2 for sure. This will reunite all people in private servers and maybe old vets as well. L2 nostalgia is tough.

Best pvp experience for me so far. L2 is awesome and I am glad NCSoft made this clever move.

• kenshin86kenshin86 Member Posts: 1

Alright Since i havn't seen it mentioned yet "L3" has already been announced at g-star.. Wheather the features of GoD were meant for L3 i can't say but in any event it looks as though NCSoft has taken a bit of a different direction with Lineage Eternal back to Lineage's roots.. I for one am not a big fan of isometric, but if L3 lives up to the previous two games I'm in.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

I'm pretty excited about this really. Although I'm a little unsure about GoD though, but i feel overall the changes to Lineage 2 can only be a positive thing. I played for a while on and off, and I loved the game. People would say "Argggh the community there sucks" I found the total opposite, once I found a good clan.

Good times indeed with my Warcryer ! Looking forward to giving it a go again 

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

im thinking that by the time it finally does go F2P at the end of the year it isnt going to have that deep of an impact.

By then TESO will be near release as will Shroud of the Avatar and before that, Bliss, Ein, ArcheAge, Wildstar...more MMOs than any year before it and thats not including the lesser known MMOs.