Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Reactions

123457»

Comments

• zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

Originally posted by gobla

I'm just highly amused by most of the reactions.

Can't help but snicker at those believing that playing a half-naked barbarian chick in a chain bikini or a big manly marine with a big manly gun shooting big manly bullets is for some reason more adult and mature then playing a panda.

If you want adult and mature go read literature, become politically active or do volunteer work.

If you want to just have fun come back to play some games and stop whining about the pandas. Because, beyond a very, very, very small selection of games, none of them MMOs, there isn't anything adult or mature going on here; It's 'merely' a lot of fun.

THIS!  To many people  miss the point of what  games are suppose to be about. Fun,enjoyment,and relaxation . and your so right about the adult/mature thing lol...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

Originally posted by kostoslav

isn't that anual pass though a hint that the developers themselves are not exactly certain that the reception will be positive though?
    I took annual pass. By purchasing that I will not play SW: TOR till next year or any other game with the sub. (I have LOTRO and will have GW2 if I get bored with WoW)

There is a good chance that nearly all WoW players will try SW:ToR, GW2, TSW or one of the other half dozen or so mmorpg coming out in 2012. Offering people a bribe for a year's commitment makes perfect sense. There is very little you can do to combat the qualities of 'New Game' and 'Not A Piece Of Cr@p'. A direct bribe (Diablo III) makes sense, especially when that bribe brings players into a Blizzard property.

So yeah, they are worried about the response to MoP, but not because of the quality of the expansion (it's almost irrelevant) but because of the environment MoP is being released into. WoW suddenly has competition and it's already improving things for the consumer (more stuff for less money).

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,205Member Uncommon

Originally posted by kostoslav

isn't that anual pass though a hint that the developers themselves are not exactly certain that the reception will be positive though?

I took annual pass. By purchasing that I will not play SW: TOR till next year or any other game with the sub. (I have LOTRO and will have GW2 if I get bored with WoW)

I have the anual pass. I have no problem with letting my account rot while paying for it but getting D3 because...Beta. the anual pass gives me Beta. in MoP isnt for me, I'll know first-hand. so...

scenario 1). i'm happy with MoP. I'll play for next year anyway. Free diablo.

scenario 2). i'm not happy with MoP. I find this out in Beta. I get diablo, and i dont buy MoP only to find out I dont like it. Since i have beta.

now in scenario 2, D3+MoP add up to about 10 months of subscription. Unless the Beta starts in the next month, I either break even or win. I can quit playing WoW without quitting paying for it. It's no problem...the money wont keep me playing. It' one hour's salary for one month of in-game time.

• ElivoElivo Charlotte, NCPosts: 70Member

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by precious328

They can say whatever they want. The fact of the matter is this: the Panda has been bringing in TONS of complains, e.g., sassy, kiddy-like, april-fools lore, etc. It was a bad move, IMO. They could've done so much more - something unique.

Where are these complaints? They aren't on Blizzards forums. Maybe the complaints are on sites like this, where everyone hates WoW anyway...but from Blizzard's perspective, their paying customers have been asking for pandas for years. They brought it up as a joke and the people who give them money loved it and then begged Blizzard for it.

There have been tons of complaint posts about MOP, but they seem to mysteriously keep going away?!

I have seen and taken part in at least a dozen or more threads, started by different people (or different toons anyway) and they have all been removed from the forums.

Blizz seems to want to keep the people that are vocal about MOP being a huge mistake out of the forums.

• SilverbranchSilverbranch Warren, MIPosts: 192Member

Originally posted by Robokapp

I have the anual pass. I have no problem with letting my account rot while paying for it but getting D3 because...Beta. the anual pass gives me Beta. in MoP isnt for me, I'll know first-hand. so...

scenario 1). i'm happy with MoP. I'll play for next year anyway. Free diablo.

scenario 2). i'm not happy with MoP. I find this out in Beta. I get diablo, and i dont buy MoP only to find out I dont like it. Since i have beta.

now in scenario 2, D3+MoP add up to about 10 months of subscription. Unless the Beta starts in the next month, I either break even or win. I can quit playing WoW without quitting paying for it. It's no problem...the money wont keep me playing. It' one hour's salary for one month of in-game time.

Beware the accountant's choice of strategies if it takes away from your ONLY means of truly communicating to a gaming company with the only piece of power you have as a subscriber:

Your sub dollar.

You know what would actually help Blizzard in the long run, for real?  Something that would truly cause them to wake up, pinch themselves, and get down to some serious design work?

Having 10 million people unsub . . . for one month.  Not continue to throw dollars at them while playing another game, but a flat out stoppage of $ for one month.

Sort of like how a Defibrilator works on the heart.  Go look that up.

Wherever you go, there you are.

123457»