Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's only legit as in it's on the official site, but a date that far away is clearly just a rough guesstimate.

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Member Posts: 137

Originally posted by Kabaal

It's only legit as in it's on the official site, but a date that far away is clearly just a rough guesstimate.

I remember awhile back reading in one of their interviews/financial reports that they were shooting for a release in the Nov 2012 to April 2013  range.  This just seems to confirm that.

Not to say that it can't be pushed back, but considering how tight lipped they've been I don't think this is an ambiguous statement.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Large projects rarely finish on the first, second, or even third projected release date.  At best, the "official release date" is simply an "official prediction".  Most predictions for SWTOR a year ago were estimating a late Q3 release.  Don't be surprised if this game gets pushed back to late summer, or even early winter.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Can we go ahead and make this game the new enemy (comparisons, market competition, etc) for GW2 ?

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by ignore_me

Can we go ahead and make this game the new enemy (comparisons, market competition, etc) for GW2 ?

I don't see why not. :P

40k will probably have quite a few "easy of access" concepts, which will be compared to GW2 until the day it dies.

Space Marine had weapon switching, and when you combine that with MMO abilities, you'll probably have abilities switching based on weapons... like GW2.

"Quests" don't fit with the 40k system, so it'll probably turn into "missions," and they'll likely scale with the number of people (hopefully)... like GW2.

"Everyone is a damage dealer" mostly does away with the holy trinity... like GW2.

A Space Marine would never rifle through a deer carcass for some space change and a splintered hip bone, so we'll probably have something like "requisition," which effectively does away with most trash loot. This isn't as much like GW2 as the rest, but it's another concept that'll result in comparison between them (but this has this feature!).

As for market competition, well, I'm hoping early 2013 will be before Blizzard starts its hype machine for Titan. Considering ArenaNet's track record, I imagine Titan will pose a bigger threat than GW2, which will have steadied out by the time DMO is released. Luckily, 2013 is right in between all the huge MMOs, so I can't fault THQ/Vigil at all for the release window.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Originally posted by grawss

40k will probably have quite a few "easy of access" concepts, which will be compared to GW2 until the day it dies.

Space Marine had weapon switching, and when you combine that with MMO abilities, you'll probably have abilities switching based on weapons... like GW2.

"Quests" don't fit with the 40k system, so it'll probably turn into "missions," and they'll likely scale with the number of people (hopefully)... like GW2.

"Everyone is a damage dealer" mostly does away with the holy trinity... like GW2.

A Space Marine would never rifle through a deer carcass for some space change and a splintered hip bone, so we'll probably have something like "requisition," which effectively does away with most trash loot. This isn't as much like GW2 as the rest, but it's another concept that'll result in comparison between them (but this has this feature!).

As for market competition, well, I'm hoping early 2013 will be before Blizzard starts its hype machine for Titan. Considering ArenaNet's track record, I imagine Titan will pose a bigger threat than GW2, which will have steadied out by the time DMO is released. Luckily, 2013 is right in between all the huge MMOs, so I can't fault THQ/Vigil at all for the release window.

If they make that window >.<. Heres hoping...

My safe bet is Q4 2013. Just wish we had some kind of indication where they are going with this game ; /. I think they'll maybe wait till GW2 comes out (SWTOR is Dec 20th) and then announce their 'revolutionary' features .:p

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.

Originally posted by Razephon

If they make that window >.<. Heres hoping...

My safe bet is Q4 2013. Just wish we had some kind of indication where they are going with this game ; /. I think they'll maybe wait till GW2 comes out (SWTOR is Dec 20th) and then announce their 'revolutionary' features .:p

They've already announced most of their revolutionary features: http://darkmillenniumonline.com/community/dark-millennium-online-coming-soon-t25.html

• Revolutionary NPC response system designed to pit players against the world like never before. Some NPCs provide special missions which immerse players in the on-going battle between Order and Destruction, allowing you, the Hero, to make a difference in the struggle for sector dominance.

• Armories allow Heroes to store wargear in a specialized containment system. Carry your Heroic equipment with you, or know it's safe in the confines of your race's most dedicated storage facilities.

• Strike down your enemies in the exciting new partition system, allowing a near infinite number of brutal skirmishes between Heroes while ensuring a balanced fight. Who will come out on top and ensure the acquisition of precious resources for their side?

Will you, the Hero, step into the Power Armor of a mighty Space Marine to smite the enemies of man? Will you pilot a War Truk as a war mongering Ork and rain terror upon your foes? The decision is yours, Hero, in this Dark Millennium! Coming soon in 2013.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

I agree this game is gonna be a killer!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

The rumor for the release date going around is Spring 2012. This has spread over the internet like wildfire, but I'm thinking it was a mistake on either the Vigil employee's part or the original poster's part. Vigil/THQ said there will be a playable demo at e3 2012, so that information alone by and large discounts the rumor. Then we have the fact that no beta testing is happening, only a couple trailers, no developer commentaries, etc. Spring 2013 is likely what they meant.

But the rumor that it is going to be available on consoles does hold weight, simply because the jobs section of Vigil games has "console experience" listed for a couple jobs. With Space Marine being cross-platform, and the engine making several appearances on consoles, it is probable. 

Which bites, really. It means we'll have to settle for less due to the limitations of game pads in an RPG setting. Ugh. Please force a keyboard/mouse setup. :(

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

tell that too my ork lootah!  im so rifleing though you spehs meryn boyz carcasses for shinies!  moar dakka!