Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you insecure about Pandas?

AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Since announcement of the new expansion it seems like everyone has been up in arms over this one tiny detail: Pandas... as a playable race (Oh no! could it be?) 

Now having gone through and read many of the threads created, and comments related to this issue both out of entertainment and sheer amazement that such a fuss is being created over something I personally deem to be so insignificant I have to ask myself if some of the people overreacting are insecure. Whether they are insecure about their masculinity, lifestyle, etc. who knows? But I want some of you to take a serious look at yourself and ask yourself: Am I burning with hatred toward pandaren in the new expansion, because I am insecure about something? 

If the answer is YES then my advice is to try and put more value into yourself as a human being, and stop letting other people dictate what you are supposed to enjoy, or how you are supposed to act, etc. Confidence in yourself will not only alleviate problems such as overreacting to something trivial as pandas in a video game, but for an abundance of other problems, and will help you to succeed in life. 

Consider this scenario: You and some co-workers are chatting, and you discover that "Dave" enjoys playing Hello Kitty Online. Instantly everyone starts laughing and poking fun at Dave over this fact. What happens if he reacts extremely embarassed, hurt, or angry about everyone making fun of this harmless hobby Dave has? Everyone can tell he is insecure about the issue, and that will only make matters worse for Dave as they will either berate him more about the issue, change the way they treat him so they don't offend his sensibilites, or they will think of him as being weird. Now what happens if Dave completely owns it, and acts nonchalant about playing Hello Kitty Online? They might continue to joke with him about it, but they will respect him for standing up for himself. 

And I'm not going to go on a tangent explaining why having a good relationship with co-workers is beneficial, but this is just one of the many examples where having confidence in yourself is one of the most valuable assets in life. 

Now if your answer is a definite NO then disregard the former if you wish. Whether you have some odd reason of hating pandas, or you feel like the game has gone too far into the cute zone because of a panda race (although even in Vanilla it was pretty darn cute in my opinion... just look at gnomes for pete's sake) I will invite you to entertain the notion of a few options: 

- Cancel your account e.g. vote with your wallet

- Resent the pandas and World of Warcraft silently. 

- Contribute to one of the many other anti-Panda/anti-WoW threads already here before creating a new one. 

Can someone just give the pandas, the pokemon, or whatever else a break? If you don't like it don't do it. 

Thanks for your time! 

--------------------------
Playing:
FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
My Rig:
GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

Comments

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131

Some people are taking this way too seriously. Hey, I've played (and enjoyed!) Hello Kitty Online but I think pandas don't belong in WoW. Can I get a personalized psychoanalysis? :p

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Wow forums are on fire, most other forums are on fire to abouot this matter.

Can you blame people for hating panda's and pokemon ?

Can you blame people for liking panda's and pokemon ?

I will vote with my wallet, but Blizzard had to do something realy special to keep me playing with GW2 comming out, i already knew it before MoP.

But in our guild 45% voted Do not like MoP, wich is a huge number.

The thing with wow is, you always come back a few times :)

What i realy hate about wow is the constand nerfs / class changes / buffs.

With Wotlk  to Cataclysm many class changes where done, i dint like them on any of my classes, and i had them all on max level.

None of my classes felt the same, so after 3 weeks of Cata i quited.

Just came back to see whats its like now and i regret me and my wife resubt.

But there is not many mmo's out there that can compete with the share quanttity of contend blizzard makes so :P

Its realy time for GW2 to come out maybe SWtor altough i iam disapointed with SW also but thats another story ;)

Yes WoW and MoP might get a very very hard time keeping the high sales and subs up in 2012.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Absolutely not. I'm 100% confident and secure in my feeling that they are utterly ridiculous.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

No, but I'm terribly sick of multiple new threads being created on the subject daily.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I'm not afraid of my inner child as others seem to be.  I like em.  It's not like we're talking about Barney the purple dinosaur or My Little Pony here, now THOSE would be an embarrasing addition to any MMO.

Funny part is, Panda's are a real live animal and very rare, hence the fascination.  Same with the penguin craze of late.  Honestly, I think people having an issue here are either inner city folk who don't "get" animals or just immature people who think this will tarnish their senseless self-image they have built up around them.  I'm glad it makes then uncomfortable.  Half they junk they say in General/Barrens chat makes ME uncomfortable(not really, but I sure don't join their innane conversations) so revenge is sweet.  ;D

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Kyleran

No, but I'm terribly sick of multiple new threads being created on the subject daily.

Same here.

And i think some people just can not handle any negative opinion about WoW. Or even about pandas.

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

It has nothing to do with insecurity.

Lore wise Pandarians make just about the least sense to be added to the game period.

Heck even a orc tribe being accepted to the alliance would have made more sense (see WC2).

For me its not a reason to quit wow over, but its still rather disapointing to see the game make another 360.

It would be nice if they atleast pretent to care about lore.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think we are twisting it around here a bit.

Insecurity has nothing to do with it.If a game introduced Peter Pan i wouldn't be all i'm so insecure,but i would laugh at the develoepr and be VERY disappointed that it was all they could come up with.

Something very similar happened in FFXI when thjey introduced the Dancer class,I was like you got to be kidding our players are going to be dancing around like fairies .../sigh.The difference however from Blizzard's move is the Dancer was not the ONLY choice.So i feel if Blizzard had of introduced perhaps a more viable MATURE themed race in addition to the cartoon,players wouldn't feel so disappointed because they would still get something out of the expansion.

That way al lthe kids could play Kung Fu PAnda and the older people could play idk maybe a Dracona race or T'Rang or a Savant too many other choices out there.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Originally posted by Kyleran

Here, here.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • ThunderThunder Member UncommonPosts: 15

It is not about insecurity. Pandas as a playable race fit into fantasy mmorpg as much as chicken, monkey or lolipop. Its just ridiculous.

Dark Age Of Camelot - Gareth - Alderienne (keen eldritch)

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please keep the discussion of the new Pandaren here in the stickied thread for this purpose. We're getting a lot of duplicate threads.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.