Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

we have been betrayed...

2»

Comments

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

I am going with the optimistic route and hope that the recent void of information is because they are totally restructuring the game because of all the negativity about having two factions. I honestly think this game would benefit from following a Sandbox/Themepark hybrid to give good story lines and quests but still feel open.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Let them work in piece and create something new and special no matter how long i takes.

people do not have any patience these days and they dont need to show anything when their not confident enough to blow people away.

remember that there are massive bombs on the way from Blizzard named Titan and Arenanet with GW2 oh not to mention Diablo 3 is getting closer to release also.

If you want to top those 3 games/mmo's/multiplayers you need to be special and lets pray they can pull it off and create something that can stand between those 3 mammoths :)

• HolyTrevorHolyTrevor Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by Mothanos

Let them work in piece and create something new and special no matter how long i takes.

people do not have any patience these days and they dont need to show anything when their not confident enough to blow people away.

remember that there are massive bombs on the way from Blizzard named Titan and Arenanet with GW2 oh not to mention Diablo 3 is getting closer to release also.

If you want to top those 3 games/mmo's/multiplayers you need to be special and lets pray they can pull it off and create something that can stand between those 3 mammoths :)

and SWTOR, you cant forget about good old star wars lol

• DashRenderDashRender Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Zyllos

I am going with the optimistic route and hope that the recent void of information is because they are totally restructuring the game because of all the negativity about having two factions. I honestly think this game would benefit from following a Sandbox/Themepark hybrid to give good story lines and quests but still feel open.

I was thinking, and certainly hoping, the exact same thing.  Vigil hasn't given us ANY information since December of last year -- around the time they announced the two faction system and received a huge negative backlash from fans... and rightfully so -- and a restructuring of the game would make sense of the game's borderline no-show at E3.  It was such a bad decision in the first place, maybe it just took screaming dissent of thousands of 40k fans to make them realize it.

That would make my month if Vigil came out during PAX and acknowledged its mistake and announced a three to four faction system, with each race being its own faction.  A multi-faction system, along with the action-based combat mechanics and use of player controlled-combat vehicles, would make for some of the best RvR ever seen in an MMO.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

All these self-imposed media blackout is very good IMO. It reduces fans expectations. WAR40K have a huge followers and to come up to the fans expectation is somewhat a very tall order.

I mean look at WAR.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by ProfRed

The real betrayal is lumping the different races into 2 factions.  Couple that with the fact that the devs are all huge fans of WoW and you can start to picture what we will end up getting. 

It worked well for Warhammer... oh wait what ?

But in all seriousness lumping some of the races together I get because I dont think an MMO with direct factional conflict with 8 factions can work at this time and it requires a hell of a lot of thought & probably too much work to balance. Even Fallen earth made it so your core faction had 2 direct allied factions which seemed to work ok.

My issue is the game needs 3 sides to choose from not just 2. 3 opposing factions always works more dynamically than 2. Dont ask me how you would sort your factions but I was thinking something like:

Good: Humanity + Eldar + Tau.

Self Serving: Orcs + Tyranids + Necrons.

Evil: Chaos (lots of scope there for at least 1 subrace) + Dark Eldar.

If they could get a working 3 way faction system going then perhaps down the track with either expansions or sequels they could work on seperating the races of each faction out into individual factions if they had to.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

All of you who "claim" to be outraged by this betrayal, will be swinging from the dev's sack the second beta is announced... Go take your faux outrage somewhere else...

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

Originally posted by Mothanos

We live in the insta gratifaction age friend, there is no such thing as patience anymore, but I do agree with you.  MMO's can be turned out rather quickly, and   when that happens you get drek like WAR,  and AoC.  Let them build the game first, then we can worry about it.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

So dramatic...

I love 40k, but the game is out 2013? 2014? I'm not really in the care mode untill closer to the release, I hate these "coming soon" crap trailers tbh, games should be announced 1,5 years before the launch and start giving info 1 year before launch and get rid of these todays ridicilous "coming soon" trailers, updating the site every 6 months for 7 years and then launch or bury the title everyone has forgotten already.

Well, maybe it does not go exactly like that but it pisses me off alright :)

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

Just tossing this out there but what if they decided to rework the game away from two factions and decided to duck out of E3 to begin the redesign?

They saw the hype TSW got for its 3 faction system.

Maybe they learned that the one thing always standing in the way of a warhammer IP MMO is trying to force the square peg into a round hole. Warhammer will never succeed in a two faction system.

I just want a MMO WH40K so damn bad.

Off topic: why are you even reading this, go play some Space Marine!

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by heavyhebrew

Just tossing this out there but what if they decided to rework the game away from two factions and decided to duck out of E3 to begin the redesign?

They saw the hype TSW got for its 3 faction system.

Maybe they learned that the one thing always standing in the way of a warhammer IP MMO is trying to force the square peg into a round hole. Warhammer will never succeed in a two faction system.

I just want a MMO WH40K so damn bad.

Off topic: why are you even reading this, go play some Space Marine!

A (tiny) bit of supporting info: The main website's "Game Info" changed from their story to some generic marketing thing. It used to say something like "choose from the side of Order, of the chaotic forces of Destruction"

This could mean nothing, but they have gone mysteriously silent for quite a long time.

If they are changing it, I hope they have a pretty lenient system in place. That's a pretty big thing to change and depending on the engine, could require an immense amount of rewriting of thousands of quests along with permissions (who can ride an IG tank, etc), perhaps voice acting, dungeons, gear, etc. Many games making such a huge change in mid-development come out terrible.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

It would be a huge hit in cost but better for long term success. Make it as close as you can to a full form military mmo and this game will shine.

You could even make "dungeons" out of space hulks. Even lends itself to say...a random dngeon generator? random stock maps for pvp?

Want to play a grey knight? roll one up and you join the grey knight campaign where you play with others wanting to play grey knights against the people wanting to play for Chaos. You play a series of missions and follow a win/lose tree through the series. Who wins advances the front, wins the planet, etc.

Don't try to balance, just make the races as close to the game. Someone picking an ork on the front line (Nob+) should understand they need to get as close as they can to a Space Marine or get blown apart like a Gallagher watermelon.

How about people playing in an Inquisitors war band being paired with people playing chaos heretics through a series of underhive maps? IG squad of 16 get paired against 2 Chaos Marines in the manufactorum?

Come on Vigil! Defeat is acceptable, failure is not!

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• Ghost021Ghost021 Member Posts: 84
    What really disapoints me is the fact that in the last trailler, the Bolters sound alot like regular machineguns and not as the powerfull OMGBBQ!!!!DIE!111 they are supposed to sound like.

Originally posted by Ghost021

What really disapoints me is the fact that in the last trailler, the Bolters sound alot like regular machineguns and not as the powerfull OMGBBQ!!!!DIE!111 they are supposed to sound like.

If Space Marine is any indication of what we'll be hearing, then I won't be disappointed. Their weapon sound effects were amazing.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by grawss

If Space Marine is any indication of what we'll be hearing, then I won't be disappointed. Their weapon sound effects were amazing.

I know Space Marine is not an MMO, in fact, about as far from it as you can get. That said, it really *really* encouraged me for 40k online, just because the world is spot on. I hope their vision of the world retains the same flavor that SM did.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

pfft....who doesn't just turn the sound off in their MMORPG and listen to their own soundtrack anyways.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

pfft....who doesn't just turn the sound off in their MMORPG and listen to their own soundtrack anyways.  image

I tend to keep it at 10% or so for certain sounds that I might need to hear (stealth sound in WoW, etc).

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• Ghost021Ghost021 Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Naral

I know Space Marine is not an MMO, in fact, about as far from it as you can get. That said, it really *really* encouraged me for 40k online, just because the world is spot on. I hope their vision of the world retains the same flavor that SM did.

Don't remember the gun sounds in SM... was playing assault the whole time :))

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Much of the "sadness" on this thread makes me laugh, sorry but some of the reactions are a freightening. If not getting info on a game makes some folks this upset I'd hate to see what really tragedy would do to them. Enjoy the 37 seconds!