Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Salem: Happy Samhain Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Salem team has posted a new trailer to celebrate Halloween and simultaneously announced a "Live Streaming demo with Björn Johannesson" according to a press release obtained by MMORPG.com.

Details for tomorrow's event:

Live Streaming demo with Björn Johannesson

Time: Nov 1st 4.30pm GMT/5.30pm CET/12.30pm EST/9.30am PST

Topic: Witchcraft in Salem

URL: Paradox Interactive Twitch.tv server

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

why does this game always have useless trailers ? :P

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Originally posted by xenom

why does this game always have useless trailers ? :P

Think its a front, there's no game... it's just a group of people making useless trailers. 

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

Or, you could watch the live demo tomorrow if you want to see real actual meat and content.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Originally posted by Unreal024

Why does any game make useless trailers? It's all in an attempt to build hype. It's also a good way to remind those who may have forgotten about the game.

i often forget about this game,  and after watching the trailer I can understand why.  

Sure its different,  but,  nothing makes me particularly interested.  Not that I'm saying theres anything wrong with the game,  just saying,  the trailer doesn't build interest for me.  At. All.

• andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88

this game would be out quicker if not this trailer

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Well... they could have shown some progress in their development..this "trailer" is rather.. duno.. a kids prime time tv funny (or scary) micro show ? but its a total waiste of time in the way its anounced.

"Salem:happy samhain trailer"  Perhaps next time, Salem:Live dev stream&halloween greetings

As a trailer its totaly useless , as pr is damaging, as holiday greeting it works.

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

well normally trailers hype you up showing some neat stuff but these trailers just show nothing and don't hype you up in any way.

all i ask myself after every salem trailer...uh will the game be as bad as the trailers and i forget about it again :)

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

I watched some of the streaming pre alpha stuff and it just does not look like my cup of tea. All my previous comments about this game are fail

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This will be a very niche game.  It is not going to appeal to most people.  I just don't think it is worth some developers time to even bother with making it.  I think they will have a very hard time maintaining a enough of a playerbase to keep it out of the red.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

they actually expect me to get up at 930am to watch a demo video?? pfft ill wait for it to be accessable when ever i want.. this trailer looks pointless and dull most of their trailers are :/ it doesnt make me want to play the game anymore then staring at paint dry. 

i really dont get why they bother making trailers they should make actual game videos or how about actual trailers made with ingame shots??? perhaps then it might be worth it..all i get from their many trailers is... a low poly "game" with what seems to be extreamly boring audio...

i really do hope that is not the case.. cause if their game is exactly like the trailers... some investers are going to be pretty P-Oed about where their money got wasted

• NightkinNightkin Member UncommonPosts: 48

Now i know nothing about this game. Thanks for the trailer.

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581

Paradox make good stategy games and i'm thinking that they are testing the waters of mmo games. I don't know the direction of what this game suppose to be or what the big thing about this game.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by darkedone02
    Paradox make good stategy games and i'm thinking that they are testing the waters of mmo games. I don't know the direction of what this game suppose to be or what the big thing about this game.
    I think its main selling point is a crafting mmo with perma death.
  • VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

At first... I was expecting a foot to drop ala Monty Python... that did not happen though.  :(

Have to say that I liked the music in the last few seconds... but I had no more interest or knowledge of the game at that point.

Happy...er...Halloween.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Congrats SeaTribe.. Yet another useless trailor that tells us absolutely nothing about the game. Your getting pretty good at this.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Dont be so simple minded!

Its a different aproach but hey at least its something. I like the art work and im curious.

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

H&H did fine because it was literally run from a "server" in their dorm room, they "invested" in a UPS last year to prevent every power outage messing up the game data and causing rollbacks to weeks-old backus (or full wipes of the game world, because there weren't any backups lol)

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129

I fell asleep just after it started, what happened?

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

17 second intro 22 second ending. on an 1:11 video. zzzzzzzzzz

Me and my brother were excited about this game, but this is just... dissapointing.

Lost of time from their part for doing that kind of trailer.