Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll should Ghostcrawler be sacked over MOP ?

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

You want to see a developer fired because the game isn't going your way? Unless you're a major stockholder, I don't really see the reasoning here. Most of you guys don't even play WoW anyway. So why fire someone over something that many of you have absolutely nothing invested in currently?

• Gunned813Gunned813 Member Posts: 31

Wow made an extremely smart move. They're advertising to weeaboos. China's not quite japan, but asian on top of furry will make them people flock like ducks to bread crumbs in a hot minute.

Now elves named hitoshigokukonekobleachchansmadesu will be even more common.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

For MoP? No. For everything else? YES.  The man is Patient Zero for whats known as Ghostcrawler Syndrome (Way too much focus on spread sheets and data mining, and not on what makes a class or game FUN to play).  It was him and his crew that inflicted well more than a year of endless nerfs on the Death Knight class.  For that alone he should walk the gang plank down to Davy Jones locker. ^^ 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by XiThRyL

I'll be honest I'm surprised No has more votes, on a site that has a lot of WoW haters... But yah I'm gonna have to check back on these forums after MOP launches and it does surprisingly well... Yup gonna be nice to see what people are bashing at that time... prolly how GW2 sucks so bad because the lack of the trinity is actually BS... or something like that... We shall see....

It's called the bandwagon.

People strive for acceptance, and posting a contrary opinion goes against that acceptance. Instead, they nod their heads and agree to whatever seems to be the popular opinion, even if that opinion is completely retarded. As the number of bobbleheads grow, more join to make it seem even worse.

But then you have polls, which are anonymous. People know it'll do nothing to help or hurt their acceptance into some imaginary fold, so they vote honestly. That's why you see 70%+ positive votes for Pandaren in polls, while the forums have 90% negative responses.

Look at the ages of some of these haters; you have 40 year olds posting such garbage as "wow is dead lol" or 30-somethings trying to claim Pandaren are immature, while gnomes with pink ponytails are not. Logic is ignored, common sense is nowhere to be found, and people turn into regurgitators of rhetoric rivalling the most corrupt politician. The Bandwagon should not be underestimated.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131

I think the poll is missing the option "the dude should go but not due to MoP". :p

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by minttunator

I think the poll is missing the option "the dude should go but not due to MoP". :p

There is that desire to post:  "GhostCrawer, Unemployment Line Tears, nom nom nom..."

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

A player who supported wow since launch and i had a great time from then till now, quited 3 weeks after cataclysm and recently returned.

I am 32 years old and haswe have mostly older players in the guild, and our guild is 2 sided about MoP.

Alot of us are tired of constand class changes nerf nerf nerf and more nerfs.

I dont like MoP one bit and lots of us are changing mmo soon enough with our guild master.

MoP might have a real hard time when SWtor and GW2 are out, never ever so many people disliked an Xpac :P

Also the chinese market dont pay subs, they pay per minute played wich turns out to be super cheap, so even if they sell more and lose alot in USA/EU they will lose a big chunk of their income.

Time will tell tough, but they made a huge mistake in my opinion.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Whether he needs to be sacked won't be decided here. First thing that is important is the numbers. If it sells well enough, regardless of the hate some spread, it actually might sell well.

If it really falls short and causes a mass-exodus, then he'll be no doubt either be sacked or choose to step down.

I have no crystal ball but if I had to bet then I'd bet that the people at Blizzard have done the homework their job depends upon. Many people have played and quit WoW, many have quit and returned several times. It's WoW, MoP is probably not going to kill it. Some people say only Blizzard can kill WoW and then those people grasp at straws to claim the end has finally come with everything Blizzard does. The people shouting 'kill WoW now' are probably not the ones that keep it running anyway. :)

imageimage
  • OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by grawss

I'll be honest I'm surprised No has more votes, on a site that has a lot of WoW haters... But yah I'm gonna have to check back on these forums after MOP launches and it does surprisingly well... Yup gonna be nice to see what people are bashing at that time... prolly how GW2 sucks so bad because the lack of the trinity is actually BS... or something like that... We shall see....

People strive for acceptance, and posting a contrary opinion goes against that acceptance. Instead, they nod their heads and agree to whatever seems to be the popular opinion, even if that opinion is completely retarded. As the number of bobbleheads grow, more join to make it seem even worse.

But then you have polls, which are anonymous. People know it'll do nothing to help or hurt their acceptance into some imaginary fold, so they vote honestly. That's why you see 70%+ positive votes for Pandaren in polls, while the forums have 90% negative responses.

Look at the ages of some of these haters; you have 40 year olds posting such garbage as "wow is dead lol" or 30-somethings trying to claim Pandaren are immature, while gnomes with pink ponytails are not. Logic is ignored, common sense is nowhere to be found, and people turn into regurgitators of rhetoric rivalling the most corrupt politician. The Bandwagon should not be underestimated.

I'm not suprised it has more No votes given its in the WoW forums had it been in general the outcome may have been different but it is WoW fans that are most effected by it .

On the subject of people leaving well I recently heard through a friend many of his guild are planning to move games to StarWars and it is in no small way down to this expansion pack .

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by grawss

All i can say is that you conveniently ignored all the arguments yours cannot counter. Until now all i have seen is the refusal of people on the "i love pandaren" side to acknowledge any validity in any of those who expressed their dislike's opinions while continuously ignoring the fact that these are opinions, which in case you didn't realise hold just as much validity as saying " i love pandaren because i do".

There is no logic in saying "i love pandaren" just like there is none in saying "i don't like them". It's a matter of taste and opinion.

On top of that you're comparing apples and oranges. Disliking an expansion =/= wanting someone to be sacked.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Ghostcrawler should be sacked but not because of Mists of Pandaria.  

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

So we have a poll here wanting a man to lose his job, that's a little sick if you ask me. if you don't like the game move on.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by FTrunks21

The negativity is from a few trolls and people who know nothing about WoW, the lore or gaming history at all. I don't like ghostcrawler myself, but this expansion isnt going to hurt WoW at all.(reminds me of the 2012 bs)

The Azteci calander predicted a date when several hundreds of forum going grown men were abashed by a great apocolyptic event.

A WoW expansion came..

It added a new race..

A race they could not FAP to.

You have been warned.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Originally posted by Paradigm68

I'm sorry did it launch and cause massive sub cancellations already?

Very difficult to say .The only thing we can go on at present is Blizzard felt like it needed to make an anouncement that this expansion wasn't a joke which is pretty unpresidented for any expansion in the history of mmorpgs . Can anyone else recall something like that happening before ? Logically it suggests there either have been very large numbers of cancelations or its a responce to the storm of criticsm its caused . Not only on this site but all over the web . ( and I gather in the WoW forums themselves if some comments in these forums are to be believed ) . It probably is a mix of the two .

It also begs the question at what point would MOP be considered to be a faliure ?  Half the sales of the last expansion maybe ? still pretty profitable yes but it would be cause for concern and raise questions about Gregg Streets abilitys and his fitness to do his job amongst the share holders .

Personally I think sales will be well down on Cataclysm but I think theres enough people so invested in WoW that there will be some degree of success but maybe not enough to keep Ghostcrawler safe in his position .

I think he will have to step down before the end of 2012 .

I think you missed my point. Its not difficult at all to say. The xpac has not launched so it can't have caused massive cancellations so calling for someone to be fired over it is a bit premature.

• idgaradidgarad Member Posts: 174

Originally posted by nerovipus32

So we have a poll here wanting a man to lose his job, that's a little sick if you ask me. if you don't like the game move on.

If it is sick why is Survivor still on TV? We love watching people fail.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

I really dislike the MoP dumbed down talent system. You make six talent choices for your character. Because of these types of decisions, I would prefer if Ghostcrawler was not providing direction of WoW.

Originally posted by catlana

I really dislike the MoP dumbed down talent system. You make six talent choices for your character. Because of these types of decisions, I would prefer if Ghostcrawler was not providing direction of WoW.

Yeah, each time I look at the MoP Calc:  http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator

...well, I've got a headache from the /facepalm.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Sybnal

It sounds more like the idea of some corporate buracrat instead of a video game designer. I find it hard to believe that there wasn't one dissenting voice on the WoW team.

I can't imagine a bunch of adults sitting around a table saying; " This is going to be so cool! Pandas!"

It was the idea of the public.  Pandarens were, since day 1, by far the number one most requested feature in WoW.  Dont fire the developer, fire the customers.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

I agree, I don't care about pandas or pokemon, and I'm sort of sad about those being the main thing people are hating.

I like the design of the new talents, picking between related abilities, but only 6 (7 if you count choosing spec) choices is just too little. Wouldn't it be funny, yet sad, if the Pet Battles give more choices...

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by PukeBucket

It added a new race..

Hey, speak for yourself!

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Yeah, each time I look at the MoP Calc:  http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator

I know right, it's like...why do you need a talent calculator now?

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

Originally posted by teakbois

It added a new race..

Hey, speak for yourself!

I'm not including furries in with the hatezdooders.

Furries are delighted.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I'm pretty sure most everything from this expansion was floating around Blizzard's offices before they even hired the guy in 2008.  Axing one dude for something that is probably a collective desicion wont do anything.

Originally posted by Drekker17

Aren't the "we need balanzed!" players delighted?

[Mod Edit]

Originally posted by Drekker17

Aren't the "we need balanzed!" players delighted?

What is really painful with those calcs... is actually looking at them.  I mean, seriously looking at what each point gives you compared to the other two choices.  I built out a quick Warlock... I think one thing did not involve self-healing.