Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weekend, darn no SWToR for you sadness thread

ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Anyone else sad watching another weekend arrive and no SWToR for you?

Not a whine, flame, bad thread, just meant in fun :P  I'll hope next month to get to finally get a taste of it!  hehe

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Me to, oh well, theres always wizard101 for a while, i've got plenty of games with planescape torment, Wizard101, Alice: Madness returns. Anything i can find on gametap, city of heroes.

I just keep looking monday through wensday to see if i get it. Eventually (dec 20th) I'll get to play regardless. Still would be very nice to get a bit more of a taste of it and not have to go to cons to do it, cause then i have to take off of work and thats not cheap for me to do.

The good news is at the time of this post theres is 51 days 16 hours or thereabouts until it comes out.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• psyfighterpsyfighter Member Posts: 50

i dont want  no more till dec 22 then i will have all i want good luck to all may the force be with you.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

Not a whine, flame, bad thread, just meant in fun :P  I'll hope next month to get to finally get a taste of it!  hehe

you could read the SWTOR Book? or play KOTOR... Again?

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Originally posted by Kalfer

Never played KOTOR, hehe.  But I do actually know what it is!  I don't like Jedi/Sith, sounds weird to say from someone eagerly awaiting this game but I am more of an MMO fan and Star Wars-in-general fan than Jedi/Sith.

For now I have LOL, STO, a few things to entertain me but am sure getting impatient for this one to come out :)

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Dungeon Defenders will easily keep me amused till Dec 20th.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Actually, based on my friend's accounting of beta, I am glad I am not in it. I have decided to save all the content for when it comes out and play it and enjoy it when I won't have all that cool story progress wiped. ;-)

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by Kalfer

Never played KOTOR, hehe.  But I do actually know what it is!  I don't like Jedi/Sith, sounds weird to say from someone eagerly awaiting this game but I am more of an MMO fan and Star Wars-in-general fan than Jedi/Sith.

For now I have LOL, STO, a few things to entertain me but am sure getting impatient for this one to come out :)

You could always just play with blasters and such. Invest all your points into armor, ranged and defense skills while ignoring the jedi related ones.

Once you have to go jedi just pick mostly buffs for your force powers such as energy resist and force immunity and pretend they're energy shields. Keep on using a blaster and heavy armor anyway :D.

Might want to play on the lowest difficulty setting though.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Not said at all, beta ruins your live experience so even if i  get a beta invite i wont play untill release.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Not said at all, beta ruins your live experience so even if i  get a beta invite i wont play untill release.

Well, if I get into beta, I'm gonna play a class that I have the least interest in.

Right now, the classes I'm really interested in are the Trooper/Bounty Hunter, so I'd probably avoid those.

While I'm not expecting to get into beta, I am watching my inbox like a hawk. There have been a few times where I saw "The Old Republic" in my mail and been like "AW YEEAAAAA-" and it turns out to be a news letter.

Either way, I'd like to get into BETA. Not only to test, but to personally try out the game before buying (like many people). I, like so many others, have that MMORPG mentality of wanting to try out a game before investing large amounts of time into it.

Groovy.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

College football yesterday. Pro football today.

Going to play Arkham City later on then finish Chapter 8 on some book I started few days ago. Then I'll eat dinner with the family and mess around with some racing Xbox 360 games battling the kids. Been a nice quiet weekend except for the snow the kids are messing around with outside which has shocked us all this early.

Life is good. :)

No sadness here.. actually enjoying all the time I'm spending away from mmos right now because after December 20, I'm going to be short on time again.

Haven't regretting not being in the beta once.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

It's not available for those of us in my beta group either this weekend. :(

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Bah... they have me on their stupid blacklist prolly anyways. Only once and then I played a few days on a friends' account.

Damn you SWTOR! *shakes fist*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

For once, I'm uncertain about my interest in an MMO beta.  As others have said that they would do, I could always play a class that I have the least interest in... but I dunno, ya know?  I kind of want it all to be a fresh, new experience.  No bias, no preconceptions, no pre-information.  Just a clean slate - aside from previous MMO experience, of course.

Previously my attitude was that I'd have to get in for free before I put money down on it.  I've decided to give it  fair shake, and heck, I haven't had good luck with MMOs lately anyway (here's looking at you, Raid: Dungeons of Telara).  May as well.  At least I'll be there for a slice of MMO history.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

New build just out. Give it a couple weeks and we'll have a beta weekend mid November'ish unless the hundreds of thoushands of invites aren't heading out then for the promised worlds largest beta test they are pushing for.

You stay sassy!

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Mysk

For once, I'm uncertain about my interest in an MMO beta.  As others have said that they would do, I could always play a class that I have the least interest in... but I dunno, ya know?  I kind of want it all to be a fresh, new experience.  No bias, no preconceptions, no pre-information.  Just a clean slate - aside from previous MMO experience, of course.

Previously my attitude was that I'd have to get in for free before I put money down on it.  I've decided to give it  fair shake, and heck, I haven't had good luck with MMOs lately anyway (here's looking at you, Raid: Dungeons of Telara).  May as well.  At least I'll be there for a slice of MMO history.

I understand where you are coming from completely.  Not sure if I want to get in for the beta either.  Worst thing is though, if they do send me an invite I know I will not be able to resist it, just like I can't make myself go to their website and remove my name from the list.

It will be nice to be in a new game at launch though.  I haven't down that in many years now and I miss how fun it was discovering everything for the first time with almost no good cheat sites out there to ruin it.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

At this point, I'm just waiting for release.  I foresee many all night gaming sessions in my future.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

If I got a beta invite at this point I would either give it away or try to play while avoiding as many story elements as possible.

Waited 3 years for this thing, even though GW2 and TSW looks more promising, SWTOR had ruined my ability to enjoy non-VO/cut scene/story based MMOs; it owes me at least several months of solid immersion.

Meanwhile, Glitch, and anything else un WoW-like.

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

There wasn't a beta weekend last week, and the patch notes for the new build sound cool, with the things the reviews moaned about, fixed, well at least when it comes to the chat system.

I am though checking my mail everyday, hoping that I'll see the beta invite email. I think I'd not play the imperial because thats exactly who i'll be on launch lol, so probably be a jedi, just so i can play with a lightsaber, before i strap my jetpack on and flamethrowers for launch lol. That way i get to see the game, test it, and it doesn't matter about the story as it would be completly different come launch :D

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

I read the Guild Wars books, play some Guild Wars HOM-farming, play some BF3 recently, go out for some drinks/dinner with friends/girlfriend. Sad? No. I did press the "sign me up for beta" button just for kicks, but i'm secretly hoping i never get an invite. I don't want to spoil the "real" experience.

• zeroToninzeroTonin Member Posts: 18

Getting so close now that I really don't mind (prolly would cry if I did get one tho)!

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Nah

I dont want an invite until my character progression will remain. IE the head start for pre orders.

If you made it thru 25% of story progression, that means you would have to repeat the same content for that given class before getting to something new. Dont care to do that to myself.

I suppose it would be good for min/maxers, as they will know what to do/dont do. For myself, I am just playing for story...not really concerned with building the best MMO character.

That said, it seems like the days creep by till launch. I have kept my mind off it with Batman & football season, and we get Skyrim soon. It wont be all bad having to wait. :)

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

I'm still hoping to get in for a weekend.  If so, I'll probably play a trooper, something I don't plan on playing after release.  This way I can see some of what the game has to offer without ruining any major surprises by playing one of the two classes I plan to play.  (Jedi and Bounty Hunter).

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135

I got into beta for a second go around and didnt even bother playing it. I made a character and thats about as far as I got. I dont want to ruin the game by testing it for months on end and then not wanting to play it after it releases. I have some other friends that are in beta and they played the thing for hours on end. I feel they arent going to want to play once it lreleases.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by mmogawd

I'm still hoping to get in for a weekend.  If so, I'll probably play a trooper, something I don't plan on playing after release.  This way I can see some of what the game has to offer without ruining any major surprises by playing one of the two classes I plan to play.  (Jedi and Bounty Hunter).

As long as we have the character space, I have no clue why folks wouldnt at least play thru all stories whenever they have spare time.

It isnt like these characters would be a pressing matter.  EQ didnt have this story stuff, and yet in 5 yrs I had three lvl 60 plus, a like 50 lvl, and several in the 15 to 30 range.

I really enjoyed the way the different backgrounds played out in DA:Origins. I hope this game is like that, only a lot more story.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by mmogawd

As long as we have the character space, I have no clue why folks wouldnt at least play thru all stories whenever they have spare time.

It isnt like these characters would be a pressing matter.  EQ didnt have this story stuff, and yet in 5 yrs I had three lvl 60 plus, a like 50 lvl, and several in the 15 to 30 range.

I really enjoyed the way the different backgrounds played out in DA:Origins. I hope this game is like that, only a lot more story.

With 200 hours of story per character, there appears to be plenty to keep you busy.  I always have a lot of alts, and i'll play through most of them, assuming the game doesn't completely suck :)