Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addons for a healer blog

2»

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I never use addons. Its just my personal preference. I do, however, make full use of mousover macros.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by WSIMike

<excellent post with too many truths>

It's like I told him in other posts, people finished every bit of content in GSB and the other dungeons before Trion starting helping them to make mods. Their bosses were not overly difficult that needed some type of timers and warnings. In fact, the only time their bosses were hard was when they were bugged and didn't do what they were supposed to do because of faulty QA testing before the patches. This was well documented.

When people got working bosses that weren't doing buggy things, they beat them without addons. Now we have this mania where certain ones are called "essential" and then repeated by other people as gospel. When that mindset starts to take hold, it is impossible to erase from a community's consciousness.

It's going to be dramatically different when they put in things in the future, but if Trion's playerbase is happy with it, cool. I just have a feeling it's going to be the raiding crowd that wants it though because I cannot see how much of this modness is useful for rifting, which is what the game is supposed to be about in the first place.

I think if they tried to put this in TOR, people would get seriously upset because they don't want it to turn into a WoW raiding format, and would want to keep it on a lore/fun level instead of Job #2.

• dulfydulfy Member Posts: 10

Hello there, I am the originl author of the blog and I just want to say this..

Essential , must have etc.. are solely my personal opinion. If you think that is the truth somehow, you are weird.

Also, you don't need addons to play Rift and many choose to not to. Addons for me make my game less tedious and more enjoyable. If you don't like addons, then fine don't use it. You don't need to write long posts of how you beat so and so without addons or how you so and so game is dying because it introduced addons.

Remember, addons don't run the game for you. If you suck without addons you won't get any better with addons. 

Thanks to the OP for linking my blog,  I appreciate it :) 

Originally posted by dulfy
    Hello there, I am the originl author of the blog and I just want to say this..Essential , must have etc.. are solely my personal opinion. If you think that is the truth somehow, you are weird. 

If someone used words and descriptions like that and then claimed they aren't, that would be just as weird.

In any event, the premise is that making certain mods and addons eventually will lead to one or several actually BEING essential as in WoW. This has already been proven to be true. This slippery slope has been slid down many times already.

Whether it isn't your intention or not is not the point really, but that it certainly has happened already in games and has it's roots starting to take hold now.

• dulfydulfy Member Posts: 10

Like I said, its my personal opinion. If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple solution. 

Originally posted by dulfy
    Like I said, its my personal opinion. If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple solution. 

I don't think that was ever in doubt that people will do what they want. But now that we have your permission, I'm sure everyone feels better :)

It's just an internet discussion, that's all.