Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: F2P Launching November 1

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Super heroes coming down off of Monday's sugar high will need something to help spend the energy. Nothing would be better than logging into DC Universe Online when it officially opens its free-to-play doors on Tuesday, November 1st.

If you missed yesterday's live developer chat with the big announcement that F2P would arrive on Tuesday, you can watch the recorded version.

Need to know more about the different membership levels? Check it out on the DC Universe Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

If we already had purchased the game before are we going to get an upgraded account? 

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • HardRiderHardRider Member Posts: 3

Tidel - most likely- thats what City of Heroes/Villains did, those who stay sub'd become VIP, so if you don't thats gonna be some real blacklash or something from those who brought the game before.

• ManezaoManezao Member UncommonPosts: 24

IM think not....

se the offcial site for more info!!

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 393

You have Free, Premium And Legendary. If you never bought the game, you will be Free, if you bought the game but not currently subbed you'll be Premium, and if you want to be Legendary you need to subb.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

its the site down? or something?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Originally posted by Batak_Killer

You have Free, Premium And Legendary. If you never bought the game, you will be Free, if you bought the game but not currently subbed you'll be Premium, and if you want to be Legendary you need to subb.

To add to this, if you spend at least 5$ on the shop after the F2P transisiton, you'll be upgraded to premium.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

to bad they killed the daily vault ticket... Considering how much crap one used to get in there it would have been nice to leave it at a daily even for premium players... But otoh..I got a nice Batman helmet as a "we are sorry that we leaked your account to hackers"-gift so it works out. Will be ncie to drop by this game from time to time when i dont have anything better to do

This have been a good conversation

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Tidel

If we already had purchased the game before are we going to get an upgraded account? 

F2P FAQ says former subscribers become automatically Premium.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Originally posted by someforumguy

Originally posted by Tidel

F2P FAQ says former subscribers become automatically Premium.

i think he means if you need to keep subing to maintain that premium status, the answer is Yes. "i think"

Edit: delete this, i confused Premium with Legendary, my bad :p

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863
    Some of their limits on free players are pretty harsh, but at least understandable. What gets me is some ofof the limits on premium accounts. Can't trade currency? That seems like a goofy restriction considering you can trade items. I'm also not sure how big a deal the vault limit is.

I guess I'll be trying it regardless.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by tawess
    to bad they killed the daily vault ticket...

They probably sell the Vault Tickets in the shop, which makes sense for their new plan prices. You don't want to give away costume sets free when you can make money.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by tawess

to bad they killed the daily vault ticket...

They probably sell the Vault Tickets in the shop, which makes sense for their new plan prices. You don't want to give away costume sets free when you can make money.

Yes, they do sell vault tickets in the shop.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

Thanks everyone that responded to my question.

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • garrygarry Member Posts: 263

Anyone know if the game has a way to switch to the more standard WASD + Mouse control system?

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

Originally posted by garry

Anyone know if the game has a way to switch to the more standard WASD + Mouse control system?

When I played in beta I used a mouse and keyboard only.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Wow, they didn't last long

I self identify as a monkey.

• SolasauSolasau Member Posts: 6

I've seen secondhand PS3 disks in stores; I'd prefer not to have to download 20 gig of game. Can i use the disk for the install or what?

S.

• Chrono223Chrono223 Member UncommonPosts: 46

The disk itself can be used again for installation, the key to activate your account needs to be purchased again (obviously).

I did not allow employes to buy the disks off clients because the clients had to go online and buy the key.  We did the same with FF11 back in the day.

We told clients if they have a friend with the game you can install it from their disks but I am not sure if you need the disk in order to play.

• pdk25pdk25 Member Posts: 115

You do need the disc to play on PS3.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

this one went fast to f2p.. wasnt it released just a few months ago?

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

It's still not up... They might as well have said the 2nd.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by nomss

whiners will whine.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Xirik

Originally posted by nomss

whiners will whine.

Lol you are right. I need to be patience. Thx!

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

It takes you $50 to buy the box before

it takes you $5 to become VIP now

I feel ripped off :)

I might come back, I might not, my Rift sub is ending in 6 days and I might just jump in DCUO instead.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by xKingdomx

It takes you $50 to buy the box before

it takes you $5 to become VIP now

I feel ripped off :)

I might come back, I might not, my Rift sub is ending in 6 days and I might just jump in DCUO instead.

I am 90% sure that if you bought the game before it went FTP that you are automatically in the premium bracket.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach