Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2 Or S.W.T.O.R which will you choose

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Guild Wars 2 by a thousand million miles.  I wont even touch SWToR with a 10' Pole.

If I wanted to be forced to raid for the best gear, be stuck in an never ending loop of instance grinding, have rigid class roles, put up with a zero populated world that has no meaning since everything takes place in an instance, have rabid fanbois screaming, or inconsequential PvP Id go back to WoW.  But since I am looking for INNOVATION, a game that moves the genre forward, a turely dynamic gaming experience, a populated world where I will meet people out in it and the best form of PvP (world vs world vs world), I am hedging my bet on the future of MMO's.

GW2 baby!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

The only reason you might not choose both is if you already plan on playing a different subscription game that you don't plan on cancelling. (i.e., WoW Annual Pass).  In this case, GW2 would be the most likely choice since it won't requre a second sub.

• AnanamooseAnanamoose Member Posts: 118

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Minesweeper

A more addictive game I have not yet encountered.

haha..I prefer solitaire or pinball myself :)

Do you want some cheese with that whine? :)

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

The Hype around GW2 is even bigger than swtor, i feel sry for the people on that train, the disappointment about gw2 will be probably the most huge in the MMO history,  gw2 dont even have the 10% of the content that we will find in TOR, the PvP is all about BGs or e-sports like a dota game, No opvp and WvWvW once every 15 days, Dynamic events? we have that in rift already, and people get bored pretty fast, even worse if you dont get a decent reward doing it. and i dont wanna talk about mounts or exploration, since all you need to do in gw2 to travel from once place to another is just open that map and click where you want to go. GW2 is just an small game compared with what you will find in swtor, after all is a b2p game for a reason, even when the people still believe that it will be a ¨revolution for the mmo world¨ it wont be. lets make a fast comparision. talking about pvp, in swtor we will find, opvp, RvR (ala DAOC, WAR, an RvR system who looks like the final battle of Episode II), BGs, and more. In GW2, like i said, is all about e-sport bgs and the WvWvW once EVERY 15 DAYS, thats all.

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212

Both.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by hikaru77

The Hype around GW2 is even bigger than swtor, i feel sry for the people on that train, the disappointment about gw2 will be probably the most huge in the MMO history,  gw2 dont even have the 10% of the content that we will find in TOR, the PvP is all about BGs or e-sports like a dota game, No opvp and WvWvW once every 15 days, Dynamic events? we have that in rift already, and people get bored pretty fast, even worse if you dont get a decent reward doing it. and i dont wanna talk about mounts or exploration, since all you need to do in gw2 to travel from once place to another is just open that map and click where you want to go. GW2 is just an small game compared with what you will find in swtor, after all is a b2p game for a reason, even when the people still believe that it will be a ¨revolution for the mmo world¨ it wont be. lets make a fast comparision. talking about pvp, in swtor we will find, opvp, RvR (ala DAOC, WAR, an RvR system who looks like the final battle of Episode II), BGs, and more. In GW2, like i said, is all about e-sport bgs and the WvWvW once EVERY 15 DAYS, thats all.

We have trolls in the dungeons....thought you ought to know.

10%?  you haven't a clue how much content either game has.

GW2 IS going for the e-sport type of arena PvP, but the WvWvW is 24/7 for 2 weeks and then you switch the server match ups.  It will be like DAOC.  Open world PvP isn't required to make a good MMO.

Dynamic events aren't like what are in rift...and you must be blind to think so.

GW2 being B2P is not a way of admitting the game isn't as good as other games.

You don't have to like the game, just learn what is actually in the game before you go off calling it doomed.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

Neither....

• striker29striker29 Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by hikaru77

WvWvW once EVERY 15 DAYS, thats all.

Wrong.   Enjoy the game you know about, SWTOR or whatever.  But don't talk about something you know nothing about.

• MLecl0001MLecl0001 Member Posts: 153

Both.

I view SWTOR as a multiplayer MMO style version of their single player RPGs which I love, yes including DA2.  That covers my sub.

GW2 is looking to be my go to MMO, and best yet its B2P.  So 2 games, 1 sub, perfect.

If both were sub, I would probably play SWTOR until GW2 was released, then keep GW2 as my main with SWTOR as an on again off again.  But then with neither game released yet I can not say it will pan out that way.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Obviously GW2. Better combat, graphics, more immersive world, better skill animation, more action and I anticipate tit to be more fun.

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

Originally posted by sonoggi

easy choice. it will be GW2 for me. i dont feel like playing WoW in space, and paying sub fees for a multiplayer RPG game. got ME3 for that.

Make up your mind.. Is it WoW or is it a multiplayer RPG?

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Going to go with SWTOR for me. Might pick up gw2, I think gw2 will be fun cause of what I seen, and read. Mainly for the fact cause it will be easy mode , but I know only fun for a good month . Gw2 isn't changing it up, just another skin.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Wrender

I'm sticking with Age of Conan cause this game has ballz

Don't you mean boobies?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

GW2 looks like god game but i don't want to invest my time in any fantasy mmo anymore. Many years in wow, some in gw,eq,eq2,aoc , so i want now really hard to play SWTOR. It will be my game for years because nothing is so epic like SW and i will even cancel sub on my favorite game EVE online.  Like i said-SWTOR is my way to go

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

The users of this website have done a lot of convince me to never touch Guild Wars 2.

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Stop beating the dead horse.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Xondar123

The users of this website have done a lot of convince me to never touch Guild Wars 2.

Cya in GW2 when you realize how shallow of a game SWToR is.

MY GOD, its like people dont even bother to read up on what is in a game before they spew their bullcrap.  I at least have done my homework on SWToR and came to the very qucik realization its anothyer WoW/Rift/War/Aion/AoC/LoTRO/EQ.   It offers nothing new and exciting expcept for story, which is by far the worst thing to hype a game over.  Id rather play World of Fuzzy Dice (trademarked by the way) if the gameplay was better over something just because it had a decent storyline.  If I want story I read a book or watch a flick and not play a game. 

I guarentee alot of these GW2 flamers will pick it up, its inevitable for the genre to try out the new kid on the block.  I know I am fighting the urge to pick up SWToR, I dont wanna cause I know it'll end but I still would like to try it and prove my sus[icions wrong.  But I dont want to feed the lack luster "copy everything from WoW but add 1 or 2 small changes" small minded corporate greed idiots who run MMO's.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

I'm not sure about TOR yet .

I might just end up saving the box price

for a better VGA so I can play GW 2

more smoothly.

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Zylaxx

MY GOD, its like people dont even bother to read up on what is in a game before they spew their bullcrap.  I at least have done my homework on SWToR and came to the very qucik realization its anothyer WoW/Rift/War/Aion/AoC/LoTRO/EQ.   It offers nothing new and exciting expcept for story, which is by far the worst thing to hype a game over.  Id rather play World of Fuzzy Dice (trademarked by the way) if the gameplay was better over something just because it had a decent storyline.  If I want story I read a book or watch a flick and not play a game. 

I guarentee alot of these GW2 flamers will pick it up, its inevitable for the genre to try out the new kid on the block.  I know I am fighting the urge to pick up SWToR, I dont wanna cause I know it'll end but I still would like to try it and prove my sus[icions wrong.  But I dont want to feed the lack luster "copy everything from WoW but add 1 or 2 small changes" small minded corporate greed idiots who run MMO's.

Zing...... over your head.

/facepalm

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

SW:TOR.

I'll play GW2 in spurts when I'm bored of SW:TOR because I doubt the game will have the longevity of a full-on P2P MMORPG.  I do not buy that GW2 is going to be a fully featured MMORPG only with no monthly subscription fee.

I think it'll have about the same amount of depth (with different features of course) as the original Guild Wars just with the ability to see players anywhere within the game world.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Originally posted by Zylaxx

I'm sorry, but what you've said about SWTOR pretty much proves you did absolutely f*ck-all for research. Try again.

That being said, I'll most likely be buying both games, although SWTOR will definitely be getting the majority of my attention. But hey, GW2 is B2P, that alone makes it worth checking out to me. Hell, it certainly can't be any worse than some of the crap games I've spent money on this past year.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Both, with a focus on GW2 because SWTOR's endgame we've all already been to.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Im picking Star Guild of the old Wars.

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

For me, its Guild Wars 2.  While I liked the first three Star Wars movies, the second three murdered my apperication of Star Wars.  I went to the theators to see 1-4 (as released chapters 4-6 & 1 by story line).  I rented the last two on DVD because it was not worth paying theator prices.  While the movies may have only a marginal effect on the game, I just don't think Lucas deserves my money.  So I guess one could say I don't care if the game is great, I will not be funding Lucas.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

luls. When more than half of those users have never played GW2. *thumbs up*