Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Pandas ARE Real - Our Story of the Week

Comments

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

There are no facts here. People are just defending their opinions. People have those. In medievil times where you had knights and armor blah blah blah, asian people did exist. Taurens are animals just like pandas. Pandas are just more lovable. If people are excited about it and editors want to do what they do which is posting news on MMOs then so be it. Who are you to judge what other people enjoy? What you consider lame isn't the same for everyone else.

I'll say this once more. Play it or don't and quit crying over it. I'm sure the original purpose of this post was to post something new and have people share their opinions and not complaints about it. Some people take this stuff way too seriously.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

All I can say is I hope they have a battle cry "Skadoosh!"

I like WoW but already preordered SWTOR so unless it blows I probably won't be getting MoP.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• jackdaw31jackdaw31 Member Posts: 26

Actually, a lot of people posting their dislike at the very thought of this new expansion have not even mentioned that they will quit WoW......

But, for all the talk of people up in arms at past expansions, you gotta admit, this one seems to have prevoked the most ire.....

Too many alts!!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Game Informer did a pretty good pod cast covering all sides of the issue that I highly enjoyed. 

Linky:  http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2011/10/28/respec-radio-ep-25-pandamonium.aspx

Im glad at least one gaming site is kind of staying objective about it.  Instead of gushing over this expansion. 

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by jackdaw31

Actually, a lot of people posting their dislike at the very thought of this new expansion have not even mentioned that they will quit WoW......

But, for all the talk of people up in arms at past expansions, you gotta admit, this one seems to have prevoked the most ire.....

Are you sure you remember how upset people were when shamans were able to roll ally and pallys roll horde?

cus I remember a lot more hatred... I'll be honest this was the begining of bring the player not the class and a lot of people who liked WoW for being like the Old School MMO's left at this point.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Corehaven

Game Informer did a pretty good pod cast covering all sides of the issue that I highly enjoyed. 

Linky:  http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2011/10/28/respec-radio-ep-25-pandamonium.aspx

Im glad at least one gaming site is kind of staying objective about it.  Instead of gushing over this expansion. 

I surely hope you're saying that in jest. The article was about how the panda man came to be, how is that gushing over anything?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

Good article.

Oh, and one of Blizzard's community manager mentioned that since Blizzcon has started, the #1 requested thing that they've been getting from their suggestion box is Pandaren as a playable race. The players wanted this. I'm one of them, I think Pandaren are an awesome race and I'm rerolling one for my main.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Corehaven

I surely hope you're saying that in jest. The article was about how the panda man came to be, how is that gushing over anything?

Didnt name any names did I ?   : P

Also the article was in defence of the expansion if anything.  Just like every single article on this site thats been written about it.  Which is fine in a way, but its not THAT good of an idea. 

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Can't wait /period
  • Heatsink00Heatsink00 Member UncommonPosts: 60

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by Tardcore

You have to love the irony of the posters defending this xpac with the justification that they like it, yet those criticizing it by the justification that they don't like it are demonized as mindless haters. So which is it people? Do at least some of the people in both camps have rational relevant opinions or are both camps nothing but mindless drones?

Generalizing both sides!  Wow talk about take your own advice?

Way to deamonize both sides of an issue while complaining about both sides doing the same exact thing?

Do you realize how ironic that is?

The poster you quoted is objectively correct in his assessment, while your statements are inflammatory and non-sensical.  If you don't understand what he posted, read it again.  And then lookup the meaning of irony.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Here, lets try an experiement.

Go to google, type in ___ ruined WoW.

___  = any ex pack.

OH LOOK!   This phanomanon happens EVERY SINGLE TIME AN EX PACK GETS RELEASED!

Facinating!

Well yeah, but that's partly because anyone who has played the same game for 7 years straight isn't likely to handle change very well....no matter what that change is.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Heatsink98

You have to love the irony of the posters defending this xpac with the justification that they like it, yet those criticizing it by the justification that they don't like it are demonized as mindless haters. So which is it people? Do at least some of the people in both camps have rational relevant opinions or are both camps nothing but mindless drones?

Way to deamonize both sides of an issue while complaining about both sides doing the same exact thing?

The poster you quoted is objectively correct in his assessment, while your statements are inflammatory and non-sensical.  If you don't understand what he posted, read it again.  And then lookup the meaning of irony.

He uses irony incorrectly, so I too used it incorrectly.

Was ment as satire, however I see you missed that...

Irony - when something the reverse of what is expected to happen, happens.

I would think that people on two sides of an argument demonizing each other would be expected... not ironic at all...

Edit:  Still I think its ridiculous he would generalize both sides in an arguement (see my highlights) and then act like hes not contributing to the problem.  He is stating that neighter side has stated anything "relevant" and is essentially dismissing all arguements by both sides as being void.

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

As a 5 year ex-member of WoW.. uhm .. so, things are gonna get messy? Uhm..OK.

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

A guy I work with plays WoW on and off, I was asking him if he was still playing (because of the Diablo 3 offer thing, was gonna let him know, if he was still big into it)....He told me not atm, and was waiting on BF3 or whatever the next fps thing for console he is going to play is.....I told him about the panda expansion and he thought I was lying (as I am often full of it at work)...I assured him I wasnt and he didn't believe me till he looked it up on his phone...

He said he didn't see how a panda would be hoard, and he may be upset if he was still playing, I don't see the big deal, but it was funny that he wouldn't believe me, I tried for like 5 minutes to get him to...Well till he looked it up on his phone.

If I played, I don't think I would care personally, just find it odd that its such a big deal for people playing a fantasy game, to have pandas.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Here, lets try an experiement.

Go to google, type in ___ ruined WoW.

___  = any ex pack.

OH LOOK!   This phanomanon happens EVERY SINGLE TIME AN EX PACK GETS RELEASED!

Facinating!

Well yeah, but that's partly because anyone who has played the same game for 7 years straight isn't likely to handle change very well....no matter what that change is.

I've played WoW since Jan 2005, and I handle the change well. I welcome it. These changes help keep the game fresh. Granted, I do seem to be in a minority.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

So, they finally made an expansion based on thier panda joke.

Wonder when we will see one based on thier Paris Hilton joke...

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

Originally posted by hfztt
    So, they finally made an expansion based on thier panda joke.Wonder when we will see one based on thier Paris Hilton joke...

It'll involve a quest where you have to obtain a video cam with night vision.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• MueslinatorMueslinator Member Posts: 78

"It’s not ultimately really silly, it’s just a little lighter."

I think that this is part of the "problem" many people seem to have with MoP. WoW already started out as silly, over-the-top light and comical fantasy world. For me personally, it drifted over the edge of "lighter" and "lookit, we has punes!" since the release of Cata. WoP now seems like putting even more humour into a game that has so much of it I can often hardly tell if something is breaking the fourth wall or supposed to be genuinely lore-ey.

It's really like pancakes. They're delish if you put a bit of syrup on them. They may still be delish when you increase the amount of syrupy goodness.

But if you empty an entire bottle over one pancake, it's pancake no longer. It's a sticky-sweet melange that will give you stomach cramps.

To the people that say -paraphrased- "shut up, you don't need to play": It's not that simple. Many people like what WoW was or still is. But WoW changes so rapidly (unlike any other MMO I know of) in terms of gameplay, gaming world and general "seriousness" of its setting that I see the point some complainers are trying to make: When you fiddle with the core components of your key franchise, you better be careful. I mean, really, if I had just announced WoP, and had gotten the mentioned reactions of "Umm, this is a joke, right?" - I would damn well think twice before staying my course.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

I would think that people on two sides of an argument demonizing each other would be expected... not ironic at all...

Edit:  Still I think its ridiculous he would generalize both sides in an arguement (see my highlights) and then act like hes not contributing to the problem.  He is stating that neighter side has stated anything "relevant" and is essentially dismissing all arguements by both sides as being void.

Actually I didn't. You would expect that if the opinion "I like it" is the perfect defence against the opinion of some one who dislikes this xpac, then it should be just as true that "I don't like it" would be just as reasonable a defence of that opinion.

But according to you and Rezsickness anyone who dislikes this xapc has no justifiaction at all and needs to GTFO the forums. I'm basing my observation off your and his bad and narrowminded behavior in this thread. And my genralizing of the entire hate/like population was stated in purely question form, not as fact.

And on the subject of liking this expansion I completely accept you think its great, I have no issue with that, I however don't care for it and have just as much right to state my opinion as you.

I'm not the person (or one championing the poster who is) who is telling people they should just STFU unless you agree with me. If you want to have a mature and rational discussion, I'd first advise you to mull over your own behaviors before criticising those of others.

And if all you ever want to hear is someone who agrees with you, your best bet is to lock yourself in a sound proof room for the remainder of your days.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by jackdaw31

Are you sure you remember how upset people were when shamans were able to roll ally and pallys roll horde?
    cus I remember a lot more hatred... I'll be honest this was the begining of bring the player not the class and a lot of people who liked WoW for being like the Old School MMO's left at this point.

And a lot more people hopped in. Until Cataclysm that is.

There's a segment of forum posters who just go totally apesh!t over whatever it is Blizzard is doing. Even when Blizzard isn't doing anything in particular, just 'derping around at the mall' so to speak. It literally doesn't matter what Blizzard does.

My initial reaction was to think this was a joke. Following that, my reaction was, "dang it, it's going to cost me at least $80 to play this". Because I'd have to buy Cataclysm and then Mists of Panderia. I dunno, we'll see sometime next year if they've made a decent xpac or not.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

They were always april fools joke, part of lore that should never existed ...

So what if a lot of ppl wanted them (btw i would be realy interested in % of player base), if they would make poll you can bet that a lot of ppl would voted to add pokemons to game too ... Wait ! ... They just did that ... :P

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by hfztt

So, they finally made an expansion based on thier panda joke.

Wonder when we will see one based on thier Paris Hilton joke...

Well, Blizzard HAS had a history of doing exactly that. Remember the theory that if you poked the cow's butt and made it moo enough in Diablo 1 that the Secret Cow Level would open up? Guess what showed up in Diablo 2? Oh yeah...the Secret Cow Level. >.>

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

really? LOL you are kidding right?

never read ne of my posts on the problems with WoW have you. All of it documented as i was a player and all of it packed with facts. Frankly i'm tired of trying to let people know just how bad this game has become due to the idiots at blizz putting that Marine Biologist in charge, you know Ghostcrawler, Greg Street. Anyone would have been better then him thus far. I mean just look at what happened right before blizzcon, they finally added cosmetics to the game after they lost abotu 900k subs all at once. This is something requested by the RP community since the beginning of the game and they wait until they lost roughly 1 mil people before implementing it. What does that say about his leadership.

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

Actually I didn't. You would expect that if the opinion "I like it" is the perfect defence against the opinion of some one who dislikes this xpac, then it should be just as true that "I don't like it" would be just as reasonable a defence of that opinion.

But according to you and Rezsickness anyone who dislikes this xapc has no justifiaction at all and needs to GTFO the forums. I'm basing my observation off your and his bad and narrowminded behavior in this thread. And my genralizing of the entire hate/like population was stated in purely question form, not as fact.

And on the subject of liking this expansion I completely accept you think its great, I have no issue with that, I however don't care for it and have just as much right to state my opinion as you.

I'm not the person (or one championing the poster who is) who is telling people they should just STFU unless you agree with me. If you want to have a mature and rational discussion, I'd first advise you to mull over your own behaviors before criticising those of others.

And if all you ever want to hear is someone who agrees with you, your best bet is to lock yourself in a sound proof room for the remainder of your days.

yeah, we all know how cool it is to go to a website (or in this case thread) and complain about things we don't  like. it 's why they made the internet, right?

i think the problem, is that when a group of people are excited about something, they have no desire to hear an anrgy bunch of detractors invade their party. the detracors of said thing, could just as easy flock to things they enjoy. instead, they spew off their opinion as if it matters just for the sake of getting under someones skin. they say it's their 'opinion' as if it means shit, but we all know people do it just to start flamewars. it's a big pissing contest, is it not?

me? i do not go to websites i do not care for, or make posts on game forums that i don't like. i have no clue why it seems so fun to some people. i understand a healthy objective view of something is a good thing, but those are few and far between, and usually lost underneath pages of mindless hate. i try to get banned from this site often, just to see how hypocritic the mods are for singling out my act of hatered, yet ignoring so many others, just because i'm not afraid to use 'bad words'.

so in hope of a good ban. fuck the fuck off to every mod of this site.....image

(i won't mind a perma- ban. really. quit mailng my fucking email with your bullshit. i enjoy the site. really, thank you for the extensive information on mmo's. but a perma-ban would stop me from ever posting these pointless fucking comments. it's a win/win)

p.s.- who cares about pandas? i've never played an expansion featured race past 20 anyway. but i can't wait for my nightelf monk!!! i will re-sub the day MoP launches, and have been WoW-clean for almost a year!!