Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Name Change?

DragimDragim Boring, KSPosts: 867Member Uncommon

Hey guys,

With the news of F2P comming in November, I installed the game and found I still have "free time" from when Sony got hacked and gave everyone free time for all their games.

I know they merged servers and now all my characters have _PGE or _DME or something like that after their name...

Is there a way to change this?  I haven't played the game in quite some time and I would rather not be called .....

(Garbage Pail_PGE)

As I was just Garbage Pail (Kid) before.

Is there a way to do it in game, or do you think I can petition a GM to change it?

He is a "level 30" and I would rather not have to make a new character just to have a "Normal" name.

Thanks!

(Edit) If anyone reading this plans to play the game and has not installed it again/patched it, I would suggest doing so now, I believe there the download was roughly 6-8 gigabytes after I installed the base game with the CDs I bought a month after the game released.

Unless of course you have super fast internet speed. (My 300kbs took about 8 hours?, I duno for sure, it was part of the day and into the night while I slept.)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• PaithanPaithan AmsterdamPosts: 377Member

You should have a rename token in the mail. THey added that to names to avoid double names when they merged into mega servers.

• popinjaypopinjay Northeast, PAPosts: 6,539Member

Originally posted by Dragim
    Hey guys,
    With the news of F2P comming in November, I installed the game and found I still have "free time" from when Sony got hacked and gave everyone free time for all their games.
    I know they merged servers and now all my characters have _PGE or _DME or something like that after their name...
    Is there a way to change this?  I haven't played the game in quite some time and I would rather not be called .....
    (Garbage Pail_PGE)
    Is there a way to do it in game, or do you think I can petition a GM to change it?
    He is a "level 30" and I would rather not have to make a new character just to have a "Normal" name.
    Thanks!
    You go to the "store" feature in-game and look in there. I believe there was a "claim" that didn't cost any money to use which renames your character. Once you use it, that should take care of the _DME suffix and the claim ticket disappears.

It's a free thing from what I remember.

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by Dragim

Hey guys,

(Garbage Pail_PGE)

Thanks!

You go to the "store" feature in-game and look in there. I believe there was a "claim" that didn't cost any money to use which renames your character. Once you use it, that should take care of the _DME suffix and the claim ticket disappears.

It's a free thing from what I remember.

Mine where mailed but they may have changed that.

• DragimDragim Boring, KSPosts: 867Member Uncommon

Cool, thanks a lot guys.  I only managed to log in this morning for 5 minutes before I was 10 minutes late for work, flew around, looked at the scenery then came to work.

I will have to check into it when I get home later, probably will have more questions like...

How do I switch between "PvP" and "Non PvP" areas.  I heard there are 2 versions of each area now one "PvP" and one "PvE- with PvP flagging?"

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

There is a phase switcher  in the watch tower, they kinna look like that portal thingy that leads into the room with Batman, wonderwoman and Supman.

• MalakhonMalakhon Stormwind, FLPosts: 224Member Common

I haven't played since launch and seeing my characters renamed makes them unplayable to me.

Question, if you got to a PVE server, there is still PVP areas?

Originally posted by Malakhon

I haven't played since launch and seeing my characters renamed makes them unplayable to me.

Question, if you got to a PVE server, there is still PVP areas?

Yes, and you can use the phase shifter to switch to pvp.

Dont worry about the name change, you should get a token in the mail that enables you to rename your character.