Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name Change?

DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Hey guys,

With the news of F2P comming in November, I installed the game and found I still have "free time" from when Sony got hacked and gave everyone free time for all their games.

I know they merged servers and now all my characters have _PGE or _DME or something like that after their name...

Is there a way to change this?  I haven't played the game in quite some time and I would rather not be called .....

(Garbage Pail_PGE)

As I was just Garbage Pail (Kid) before.

Is there a way to do it in game, or do you think I can petition a GM to change it?

He is a "level 30" and I would rather not have to make a new character just to have a "Normal" name.

Thanks!

(Edit) If anyone reading this plans to play the game and has not installed it again/patched it, I would suggest doing so now, I believe there the download was roughly 6-8 gigabytes after I installed the base game with the CDs I bought a month after the game released.

Unless of course you have super fast internet speed. (My 300kbs took about 8 hours?, I duno for sure, it was part of the day and into the night while I slept.)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

You should have a rename token in the mail. THey added that to names to avoid double names when they merged into mega servers.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Dragim
    Hey guys,
    With the news of F2P comming in November, I installed the game and found I still have "free time" from when Sony got hacked and gave everyone free time for all their games.
    I know they merged servers and now all my characters have _PGE or _DME or something like that after their name...
    Is there a way to change this?  I haven't played the game in quite some time and I would rather not be called .....
    (Garbage Pail_PGE)
    Is there a way to do it in game, or do you think I can petition a GM to change it?
    He is a "level 30" and I would rather not have to make a new character just to have a "Normal" name.
    Thanks!

You go to the "store" feature in-game and look in there. I believe there was a "claim" that didn't cost any money to use which renames your character. Once you use it, that should take care of the _DME suffix and the claim ticket disappears.

It's a free thing from what I remember.

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by Dragim

Hey guys,

(Garbage Pail_PGE)

Thanks!

You go to the "store" feature in-game and look in there. I believe there was a "claim" that didn't cost any money to use which renames your character. Once you use it, that should take care of the _DME suffix and the claim ticket disappears.

It's a free thing from what I remember.

Mine where mailed but they may have changed that.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Cool, thanks a lot guys.  I only managed to log in this morning for 5 minutes before I was 10 minutes late for work, flew around, looked at the scenery then came to work.

I will have to check into it when I get home later, probably will have more questions like...

How do I switch between "PvP" and "Non PvP" areas.  I heard there are 2 versions of each area now one "PvP" and one "PvE- with PvP flagging?"

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

There is a phase switcher  in the watch tower, they kinna look like that portal thingy that leads into the room with Batman, wonderwoman and Supman.

• MalakhonMalakhon Member UncommonPosts: 224

I haven't played since launch and seeing my characters renamed makes them unplayable to me.

Question, if you got to a PVE server, there is still PVP areas?

Originally posted by Malakhon

I haven't played since launch and seeing my characters renamed makes them unplayable to me.

Question, if you got to a PVE server, there is still PVP areas?

Yes, and you can use the phase shifter to switch to pvp.

Dont worry about the name change, you should get a token in the mail that enables you to rename your character.