Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely disgusting..

1235»

Comments

• ArcheminosArcheminos Portland, ORMember Posts: 283

Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

I have been playing all sorts of game genres for over 13 years, prowling forums, and feeding off the internet. With that said...

League of Legends (my first DoTA / MOBA game, surprisingly) has the worst, most disgusting community of any game I have ever played. Not the forum community, but the in-game community.

It is so bad, that the very people who are the problem (an endless army of 13 year old children from the US, and brazillian / korean players who always seem to be adults), despite RIOT GAME's idiotic way to try to get rid of these trolls, are the very people who ban legitimate, mature players.
    These children and immature players will report en mass, insuring that even if they are falsified reports, any player they target WILL be banned, regardless of payment to RIOT GAMES.

When FREE collides with POPULAR, and the teenagers swarm in like the Scourge, the game is no longer worth playing due to being infested with something far worse than a zombie virus.

I have a hard stomach and a thick skin due to having so much experience with the internet...
    Yet this community disgusts me beyond comprehension.

It seems to me you got banned for something you actually did, since the way bans work is that if you get voted to be banned enough times, Riot themselves reviews it. So a :legitimate, mature" person would not be banned under their system. Although I concur on the other points, its just as easy to mute the players being stupid and play. If you know what you are doing and how the game plays out, a lot of the times communication isn't even needed.

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Jcakson, MSMember Posts: 364

Originally posted by Archeminos

Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

I have been playing all sorts of game genres for over 13 years, prowling forums, and feeding off the internet. With that said...

League of Legends (my first DoTA / MOBA game, surprisingly) has the worst, most disgusting community of any game I have ever played. Not the forum community, but the in-game community.

It is so bad, that the very people who are the problem (an endless army of 13 year old children from the US, and brazillian / korean players who always seem to be adults), despite RIOT GAME's idiotic way to try to get rid of these trolls, are the very people who ban legitimate, mature players.
    These children and immature players will report en mass, insuring that even if they are falsified reports, any player they target WILL be banned, regardless of payment to RIOT GAMES.

When FREE collides with POPULAR, and the teenagers swarm in like the Scourge, the game is no longer worth playing due to being infested with something far worse than a zombie virus.

I have a hard stomach and a thick skin due to having so much experience with the internet...
    Yet this community disgusts me beyond comprehension.

It seems to me you got banned for something you actually did, since the way bans work is that if you get voted to be banned enough times, Riot themselves reviews it. So a :legitimate, mature" person would not be banned under their system. Although I concur on the other points, its just as easy to mute the players being stupid and play. If you know what you are doing and how the game plays out, a lot of the times communication isn't even needed.

I have never once went AFK or Disconnected without returning (and I've only disconnected two or three times, reconnecting ASAP).

You do realize that the very children who create such a vile community, can also report you? Play over a hundred games, and you can be a saint, and still receive threats from children.

I realize it is natural to assume someone who was banned "broke the rules" or "deserved it" but League of Legends is a game unlike anything I have ever played before, and this simply doesn't apply to it.

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXMember Posts: 3,400 Uncommon

that's esports for you.  Noone cares what they say since you'll probably never see them again.  At least it isn't as bad as Heroes of Newerth.  That game is mega imbalanced, and I don't think I've finished a single game with out the other team /ragequiting lol.  Trick to Heroes of Newerth is to be on Legion's side...You'll almost always win, and it's 99.999999% chance if someone is playing Wildsoul.  I've never seen a game so imbalanced.  That's one reason I love LoL.  Yes there will always be an OP hero when compared to certain heroes/champions, but it's nowhere near as bad as HoN.  Most heroes can only knock Wildsoul down to about 85% health before they die lol, it's ridiculous.  At least in LoL, you'll get em to 50% hp or below :)

But yeah for community, eSports are horrible.  Like I said, you'll never see them again, so they figure they can say and do whatever they please.

• majimaji CologneMember Posts: 2,059 Uncommon

Young average age of the players?

PvP?

eSports?

If you answered two or more of these questions with "yes", then be prepared to face a horrible community.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ZoterixZoterix City, ALMember Posts: 20

From lvl 1 - 5 is horrible, afk players, leavers... lvl 5 - 20 a little better, but you will meet people who think theyr gods or something, from lvl 20 everyone got his ass destroyed numerous times so they stop trolling, even if you loose the game you put a GG at the end on chat, because you have respect and its not about winning or loosing but about a good game and TEAM PLAY. I meet mostly normal and good people, somethimes there is an idiot, but mostly good. And this is a team based game so for jesus find friends in real life, team up and play only pre-made games or quit internet games.

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXMember Posts: 3,400 Uncommon

best thing to do is to find you a bunch of friends to play with.  I absolutley hate random games.  I have my friendlist full lol.

• chopstixxxchopstixxx palmerston northMember Posts: 3

good thing i found to do is lose a bunch, get your elo down and play with people that dont care as much if they win or lose. i just play for fun. the only time i dont have fun in a game is if we have leavers, sadly thats getting more and more common.

1235»