Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Reactions

Comments

• tazarconan7tazarconan7 Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by kalinis

Come on there was never any choice in the old trees. Everyone figured out the optimal pvp and pve builds and if u strayed at all u couldnt run pvp or pve in premade groups or ever raid at all.

At least the system now gives u choices to make based on what skill u want more not base3d on what some site says is the best skill to have to raid. 

Is this the sum of all jokes or what?

On vanilla i was playing on a hunter. Do you know that i had discovered at least 7-8 different speccs combinations of telents,to beat warriors and various other classes in pvp in mellee mode? Do you know it was possible to beat a Marshal frost mage without firing a single arrow? Im talking back then in vanilla,there were working speccs that u couldnt even find in forums,never got discovered or tried by the so called geniuses,that were efficient in many ways and for many situations?

The old way of talents were offering the fun of exploration in quite big depth of character creation and advancement.

Nothing to do ofc with the shitty,narrowed down to zero, pre-choosed by blizard advancementt paths odf my character.

Main reason ofc to why i quitted wow after 5 + years.

Ppl are free ofc to go play kungfu pandas,chuck norris,pokemons,crocodiles with laser guns, or what ever else bliz is planning to implement in future...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Alalala

Originally posted by grawss

Originally posted by Alalala Alalala?  It's just a repeating sequence of the left most and right most letters on the second row of the keyboard.  Picked for convenience and means nothing.
    In other words, if you consider a ludicrous image to dictate the maturity levels of those who play Pandaren, then I'll let ludicrous images decide your own maturity level. You know, using your argument against you and such. It's almost like you're plugging your ears and chanting "alalala" to avoid actual arguments; instead relying on pictures like you've been posting to make some irrelevant point. ;)   By the way, I bet if you typed "Pandaren" into Google Images, you'd have a pretty hard time finding toddlers dressed in panda suits. Might as well compare apples to apples, yes?  
    I'm sorry the image of a toddler in a panda suit has made you so very upset.  The image is there to remind people of the close association the panda has with infants and children in our culture, which I believe undermines Blizzard's choice.  It has a point, and images are supported in this forum as you well know.About 30 posts into this very topic I lay out why I think this race is a bad choice and my rejection of several arguments in favor.  I feel it presents, for a quickly written forum post, an organized and coherent point of view.  You may disagree with my perspective, but you cannot say that I am avoiding arguments as you claim.  Once again, I include another image of a kid with a toy panda to say to people: This is really poor, childish choice for Blizzard.You will also see that I like WoW and I am generally okay with the other expansion features, which freshen up a game that needs some vitality.  (The panda race,though, is still a deal breaker.)  Anyway, you never called me a WoW Hater directly, which I recognize and appreciate.To be honest, I really don't understand where you are going with a google image search of my meaningless forum name and how it relates to anything, so you'll pardon me if continue to ignore that rambling.  You were doing a satsifactory job across the topics defending the panda choice, but there I felt like you diminished yourself, and then went did it to yourself again after I explained it has no meaning.  And besides, that off-topic behavior is frowned upon.On the off chance it is the use of a child in a photograph that has you so emotional, here's a picture of an adult living out his fantasy of being a panda.  It does not illustrate the association of children and pandas, but it probably still makes people think twice about how they will spend their leisure time in WoW.  I get that some people don't care and some are even passionate about being a panda.  If you own a panda suit, please do not photograph yourself and post it here to make your point that panda fantasy is ok, and that Blizzard is fine.  Simply tell me you have one and you get the win.

Whoa, whoa whoa.

IF YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF IN A PANDA SUIT, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE POST IT TO THESE FORUMS*.

What are you thinking? You should always ask to see picture of people doing silly, dumb, weird or crazy things. It's what the internet is for.

The word 'panda' does evoke images of 'cute'. Pandas are an endangered species and need to look cute so we'll support their preservation. You won't see people worrying about the extinction of the naked mole rat. They are not cute.

That doesn't mean the pandas in the next expansion are cute. It also doesn't mean the expansion is being taken any less seriously than the previous expansions by Blizzard. They aren't any more or less cute and silly than gnomes, Haris Pilton or the Wolpertinger.

People who are complaining that Pandas are too cute or silly should never have been playing WoW in the first place.

* But not if it's illegal or pr0n.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• gilgamesh9gilgamesh9 Member Posts: 133

Maybe it's only because there will be 5 levels on content without the excuse of "but we're revamping the entire world!".  Sounds like an overpriced ripoff.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

this is not rocket science people. Adults usually dont want to engage into activities which are, or can be perceived as, childish activities. And pandaren can be seen as a quite childish, silly race.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

Originally posted by Yamota

this is not rocket science people. Adults usually dont want to engage into activities which are, or can be perceived as, childish activities. And pandaren can be seen as a quite childish, silly race.

*rolls eyes* playing computer games is a childish activity.

Srsly, people. My uberpaladin with lvl9 sword of Violet is mature, but pandas are just too childish? Srsly!

You make me die inside with each post. Because if I'm in your company, there is something wrong with me.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

All i have to say is...

2 CE's pre-orderd and a household that is looking forward to this expansion.

Me i am just glad the bloody world does not need to be saved from a larger than life crisis AGAIN.. three times is well enough...

This have been a good conversation

So what you're saying is that some people are just now realizing that they are playing what could be seen as a childish and silly game. Up until Blizzard put 8 foot tall bi-colored bears in the game, they assumed that what they were doing was not childish and silly.

I realized it was childish and silly five minutes after I started playing it. Perhaps that is why the Pandas don't bother me.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

ER, to most of the world, playing online video games is childish and silly, so if someone is really worried about it the train left the station quite some time ago.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

It's actually the other way around. Children don't want to engage in activities which are, or can be perceived as childish activities because their friends may make fun of them for playing a kid's game. Children want to seem older and more mature than they are, so they play bloody, violent games.

Adults (or at least, mature adults) play what's fun and don't give a damn what other people think.

Do you go into Age of Conan and find yourself surrounded by mature, responsible adults? Of course not; you see a bunch of thin skinned down syndrome babies playing topless female characters.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by daltanious

50 here and love idea as said. And they are not more silly then  gnomes or goblins. Wow is fantasy world. And if in Cata some area looked like being in Nile delta who cares?

It's actually the other way around. Children don't want to engage in activities which are, or can be perceived as childish activities because their friends may make fun of them for playing a kid's game. Children want to seem older and more mature than they are, so they play bloody, violent games.

Adults (or at least, mature adults) play what's fun and don't give a damn what other people think.

Do you go into Age of Conan and find yourself surrounded by mature, responsible adults? Of course not; you see a bunch of thin skinned down syndrome babies playing topless female characters.

He, he, ... good point.

• SynadilSynadil Member Posts: 30

Between Kung-Fu Panda, Pokeman games, and the Alliance, once again, getting curb-stomped, I'm done with WoW.

• djvapiddjvapid Member Posts: 80

Developers are fully aware of the fact that the most vocal players (in the forums) are by and far the minority of their players.  The forums represent a fraction of actual players because, in all reality, the players are too busy -playing- the game.

And lets face it, happy players don't complain and/or don't venture the forums.

So the forums are basically made up of a couple different people:

1)  Players who feel like they are smarter than other people and want everyone to know it through their incessant griping and TLDR posts that make them feel like they matter.

2) Unhappy players who feel like they've been slighted in some way and feel the need to go to the forums and complain.

3) Trolls.  (And we all know what this is.)

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185

My thought is it's no more kiddy or strange than anything else in WoW.  They've got a very good and surprisingly enduring art design.  It does fit as far as style.  I think those that don't like WoW will use it as an example how bad the game is and those that do like WoW will eventually come to like the idea.  Pokemon in Azaeroth is only "bad" because of how similar the system is to a known kids game.  Again I think once people get their hands on it it will cease to be a negative.

The only thing that really get's me for the expansion is how they have a real chance to expand things in ways I hoped they would aka housing of some sort.. something completely different ect ect... they are doing "different" and it's the right direction but it's not that far off what they already have which in the long run "might" be for the best.  Only time will tell. 

This whole fight kind of reminds me of cod vs battlefield.  People hate cod because it's so horribly popular... and on the other side battlefield is the first real competition for that franchise.. people are so emotionally connected to these games sometimes they don't think objectively.  For those that really want something different.. there's a lot of other choices coming in 2012.  I don't think anyone's going to lose out here.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by Otinashi

Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Blizzard is making Wow so that it is too easy.  There is no challenge like the game used to be.  It is all about pleasing the "I want it now" crowd and I really do not want anything to do with people who enjoy no challenge.

You do understant that only 1 percent of the woW population has defeted Ragnaros on Heroic mode.

If you compared that to the percentage of actual progressing raiding guilds within the WoW population you would have more of a point. FYI: The entire WoW Pop doesn't raid.

and they don't because they can't. not because they don't want to. raiding is a ridiculous element to any game. any element which locks out the majority of your players is ridiculous. it's like having paytv and being told you can only watch one of the 50 odd channels, but that if you watch 10 hours a day and can recite the upcoming guide to what's on for the next year at any given time, then you can unlock another few channels.

i don't think it's making anything easy by letting everyone have a chance to play the game they're paying for. there's nothing challenging about a boss with double lifepoints who never does anything outside of a set series of moves you can easily discover on youtube anyway. the only real challenge with raiding is getting the group together out of the few other guys you know who have egos the size of a small planetoid.

Not everyone likes/wants/aspires to raid. A lot of pvpers don't raid at all. Your point is still invalid.

and i think you should see a doctor for yours.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by opposedcrow

Anyone hating on the expansion, making all these claims about how MoP is gonna "kill WoW" or turn it into a "kiddie game" needs to grow up and at least try to do some research before they start slinging insults.  Oh and until they make a game better than WoW, they need to stop thinking they know more about what will appeal to customers than Blizzard; the same Blizzard that's given us the Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo franchises.

Blizzard has stated quite clearly that they've wanted to get playable Pandaren into WoW for a long time now, one of the first major facts they revealed was that Pandaren were going to be the Alliance race for Burning Crusade but they changed it to Draenei for lore purposes. And as for Blizzard trying to appeal more to Chinese markets with the pet-battle system and Asian-themed continent, I laugh at the idea that not one single American player is excited to get to explore Pandaria and be able to customize, name, train, and battle their pets.

While I agree the PvE scenarioes seem eerily like LoTRO's skirmishes, I'm actually quite happy with that comparison since skirmishes were one of the elements of LoTRO I really enjoyed. And finally anyone who thinks this new talent system is going to be "dumbed down" or will rob players of their originality/choices, that's about as cynical and paranoid as you can get. If anything this new system will only *bolster* our choices since now we won't be forced to play certain classes/specs for certain activites and we'll finally be able to pick which powers/abilities we do/don't want based on *our* choice, not the system's.

I'm well aware that haters will continue to hate but I for one am very excited for MoP for pretty much every reason the article detailed and especially for playable Monks.

Until they make a game better than wow? Where have you been? I can name at least 3 off the top of my head that are WAY better than WoW. And no, there is no correlation to sales meaning a game is better as that logic actually supports the belief that Justin Bieber is better than every other band out there and I REFUSE to accept that or believe it lol. Go look up his youtube vids and see what I mean. Anyway. Stop assuming and stating that one game is better than another as if it is a fact when it is so obviously an opinion. Or do I need to actually state the definition of each one of those words to you here as well.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Originally posted by Epicent

Until they make a game better than wow? Where have you been? I can name at least 3 off the top of my head that are WAY better than WoW. And no, there is no correlation to sales meaning a game is better as that logic actually supports the belief that Justin Bieber is better than every other band out there and I REFUSE to accept that or believe it lol. Go look up his youtube vids and see what I mean. Anyway. Stop assuming and stating that one game is better than another as if it is a fact when it is so obviously an opinion. Or do I need to actually state the definition of each one of those words to you here as well.

Irony on the internet is funny every time.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Originally posted by Aguitha

Kung fu Panda is only the beginning, the next two races would be Ninja Turtle and Power Rangers.... stupid Blizzard.

I do have to say that the Pandarian/monk/asian influence concept was in Warcraft WAY before hollywood got the idea for a martial arts panda movie.

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

... Adults usually dont want to engage into activities which are, or can be perceived as, childish activities.  

It's actually the other way around. Children don't want to engage in activities which are, or can be perceived as childish activities because their friends may make fun of them

I am nearly 30 and I hate the whole pandas idea, so just take it for granted - most elder players hate the stupidity of the panda idea.  Not just because it is childish, but because it is f**g stupid and doesn't have to do anything with the whole WoW idea at all. The Kung Fu panda is not simply childish cartoon, but the f**g stupid one... Blizz have just put their money on the wrong horse.  

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_3                 July 3,2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_Panda     June 6,2008

Maybe some one was a fan of WC first

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Originally posted by DaddyDark

... Adults usually dont want to engage into activities which are, or can be perceived as, childish activities.  

It's actually the other way around. Children don't want to engage in activities which are, or can be perceived as childish activities because their friends may make fun of them

I am nearly 30 and I hate the whole pandas idea, so just take it for granted - most elder players hate the stupidity of the panda idea.  Not just because it is childish, but because it is f**g stupid and doesn't have to do anything with the whole WoW idea at all. The Kung Fu panda is not simply childish cartoon, but the f**g stupid one... Blizz have just put their money on the wrong horse.  

Well, I'm 44 and I'm indifferent to it.

It's true that children don't want to appear childish and will do everything in their little power to seem more adult.

Having said that, there are people who think that video games are, in general, childish. So where does that leave us?

It really is all about one's interest/tolerance for whimsy.

There are adults who will see animated movies and adults who would never lower themselves to do that.

One of my favorite series EVER is the Avatar series. It's animated and clearly speaks to children. But there is so much more in there that adults can love.

Pandas stupid? meh, I'd rather have the Pandas than the goblins. I've alway thougth the WoW goblins looked horrible.

In the end this is a "to each his own" matter.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by zaylin

i was a fan. try as i might i can't find any pandas in w1 or w2.

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by zaylin

i was a fan. try as i might i can't find any pandas in w1 or w2.

There were no Elves, Tauren, Gnomes, Trolls or Undead in Warcraft 1. OMG! We should remove everything except Humans and Orcs from World of Warcraft!

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Cant be worse then the Lich king xpack. So i'll probably give it a shot.