Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eligium: Monk Pandas Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In a case of déjà vu, Frogster has  revealed the new Eligium website that includes a Panda race whose members are masters of martial arts.

In addition to the Pandas, the team also has revealed new information about the Elves, Arcane Forest Dwellers and have made a new beta sign up form for interested players.

Find out more about Eligium - The Chosen One.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

I guess we can look for a playable Panda race in every MMO from here on out. Thanks Blizzard.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

/blink  

/blink

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Rusty715

I guess we can look for a playable Panda race in every MMO from here on out. Thanks Blizzard.

I'd be willing to bet that they had started working on the Panda race in Eligium before last week.

I still think the game has some interesting features, and am not all twisted up inside over pandas in a fantasy game.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

LMAO... Seriously?!

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

omgz wow clone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Unbelievable huh?  *facepalm*

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

The year of the panda will be upon us!

• krsna27krsna27 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Perfect World also has a panda race that can be played but known as untamed.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by blackthornn

omgz wow clone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

Perfect World had playable pandas for a long time. so i guess WoW is now a perfect world clone.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In fairness to Eligium devs, this is obviously a fully fleshed out race and has been in development for a LONG time. Blizzard has kept Pandaria under tight wraps, with no information released until last week. Judging by the video, Eligium devs have been working on this for a long time.

It's no WoW clone or anything other than a coincidence that this happened the same week as Pandaria was revealed. I'm sure they're not happy about it either.

There's a lot more to Eligium than just this one class/race. Check out the site. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Originally posted by SBFord

In fairness to Eligium devs, this is obviously a fully fleshed out race and has been in development for a LONG time. Blizzard has kept Pandaria under tight wraps, with no information released until last week. Judging by the video, Eligium devs have been working on this for a long time.

It's no WoW clone or anything other than a coincidence that this happened the same week as Pandaria was revealed. I'm sure they're not happy about it either.

There's a lot more to Eligium than just this one class/race. Check out the site. :)

this

feels like a slap in the face :(

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Few videos. Doesn't look like WoW clone ^^ :) Well...for WoW "fan" every MMO is their clone.

Eligium The Chosen one Gamescom 2011 Character selection Gameplay

Eligium The Chosen one Gamescom 2011 Dungeon gameplay

Eligium The Chosen one Gamescom 2011 Skills and PvE combat gameplay

Eligium The Chosen one Gamescom 2011 Exclusive Presentation Part 1

Eligium The Chosen one Gamescom 2011 Exclusive Presentation Part 2

Eligium The Chosen one Gamescom 2011 Exclusive Presentation Part 3

Official Trailer, Live Reveal! - TGN

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

From the dates on the videos listed above it clearly proves that the only one who could be accused of copying something is blizzard.

Yes, i know pandas are in warcraft lore, i've read all the books. Not saying Blizzard have copied, but there's definately a case for it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111

Frogster copying Blizzard? No way! Pft.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

"It must be a copy of wow! They obviously created and developed this class within less then a weeks time for release, it makes so much sense to me, the average yelling joe who has not the slightest clue how games are designed and created!"

Seriously... if a company could copy a component of another game in a weeks time and have it in such a state, we would have seen games toppling wow in no time and game production times would probably only be months before release.

• TaiyohTaiyoh Member UncommonPosts: 48

Wow... just wow... My faith in MMO's is slowly slipping away.. Are they all going to rip off from freakin' Dreamworks now? Bioware, please bring us salvation and non-Kung Fu Panda action!

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by aovannor

From the dates on the videos listed above it clearly proves that the only one who could be accused of copying something is blizzard.

Yes, i know pandas are in warcraft lore, i've read all the books. Not saying Blizzard have copied, but there's definately a case for it.

I doubt there's a case for it especially since Metzen said the Padaran race was orginally gonna be released during the burning crusade so they had them already in the works just pushed it back.   

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by Taiyoh

Wow... just wow... My faith in MMO's is slowly slipping away.. Are they all going to rip off from freakin' Dreamworks now? Bioware, please bring us salvation and non-Kung Fu Panda action!

hmm i'll have to look it up but i'm thinking Blizzards Pandarans were around long before what Dreamworks made.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

What's really sad is that I remember the Year of the Dark Elf.

If ya think all of the XxSephirothxX clones running around are obnoxious, you should have seen the Drizz't Cloning Machine when it was in full operation.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

*yells* TIN FOIL HATS, SELLING CHEAP AND WORKING TIN FOIL HATS...

JUST 10 DOLLARS FOR EACH! BUY 2 FOR 16 DOLLAR FOR YOU AND YOUR BELOVED!

TIN FOIL HATS, CHEAP AND NEW...

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BruceLeegladBruceLeeglad Member UncommonPosts: 23

SWTOR will not include pandas :D  ( i hope :)

BruceLeeglad
    Retired in too many games :D

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Icewhite

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

What's really sad is that I remember the Year of the Dark Elf.

If ya think all of the XxSephirothxX clones running around are obnoxious, you should have seen the Drizz't Cloning Machine when it was in full operation.

lol, that's so true. :D

Ready for GW2!!!
  • xMasinxxMasinx Member Posts: 3

Most of you shouldn't coment on anything...EVER... Every game is a clone of another game in one way or another so stop being so closed minded and dense. its all most as  if most of you have tunnel vision and all you see ever is wow.. you've all been brain washed and its fuuny as hell.   Don't get me wrong, wow is fun gme but get over it. this looks like it could be a great game.

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

I didn't need any more fuel for my argument that people have double standards for picking on WoW despite so many other MMORPGs having cute or silly races, but I'll take it anyway. Thanks!

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Is that... Pandas? Really?

Oh, wait! It's Frogster game! Ummm... no, thanks for Pay 2 Win!