Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Help people who can't choose to pick their class" thread [poll]

The idea is simple: everyone with a severe class / advanced class dillema can post a poll here with his / her prefered range of potential classes / advanced classes for others to vote on.

Personally I am verging on a mental breakdown because of it and I need your professional help. Too many classes have appealing aspects and I really can't make my mind up. V_V

I'll stick to the highest voted one in a week or so and never moan about it again.

Comments

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127

Agent all the way!

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

Smuggler, you know you wanna run around kicking people in the nuts all day.

imageimage

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Thanks for the votes. Voted myself for Agent as well but only to see what was going on. I shall subtract that one.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Pony, I'd love to help, but I'm in a similar position myself.

My list looks like this:

Imperial Agent - Operative

Sith Inquisitor - Sorceror

Bounty Hunter - Mercenary

Smuggler - Scoundrel

Trooper - Vanguard

...and then all the rest : )

I think I have that in order of planned playing, but I keep changing my mind.

The Operative will be first for me though, if that's any use in terms of advice image

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Struggs

I think they got it from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsbY1-9UYg

Originally posted by Robsolf

Yeah, that's a definite advantage for the Smuggler class :) Also their rugged casualness is a great aspect. Downside to me would be Bowdaar. That's a little too much Han Solo archetype copy-pasta to my taste. And I like the stabby stabbyness and Proper English of operatives a lot too.

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127

lol that was hilarious.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

I am also in this position. I am leaning toward Sith Assassin but Maurader looks good too.

In Bioware we trust!

Originally posted by DarkPony

Yeah, that's a definite advantage for the Smuggler class :) Also their rugged casualness is a great aspect. Downside to me would be Bowdaar. That's a little too much Han Solo archetype copy-pasta to my taste. And I like the stabby stabbyness and Proper English of operatives a lot too.

You'd still have your other companion if you didn't want to use him.  But either way, an IA would probably make ya happy.

Originally posted by Duvaris

lol that was hilarious.

It's from "The Onion Movie".  The whole thing is awesome.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Dark Pony I cant believe you put Jedi on that list. Shame on you! No saltlick for 1 week!!!!

***Teaches Ashoka Tano how to dance!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

I've also had a hell of a time trying to decide what class to choose.  I like commando because of the big guns...sorcerer for the lightning...maurauder for the dual wield...i just can't seem to make up my mind!  So basically I'm trying to decide if a I want to use big guns, force lightning, or dual light sabers.  They are all very appealing to me.  I probably won't decide on which one til I actually roll the character :/

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Suprised there is no going commando jokes yet.

In Bioware we trust!

Originally posted by Slukjan

I've also had a hell of a time trying to decide what class to choose.  I like commando because of the big guns...sorcerer for the lightning...maurauder for the dual wield...i just can't seem to make up my mind!  So basically I'm trying to decide if a I want to use big guns, force lightning, or dual light sabers.  They are all very appealing to me.  I probably won't decide on which one til I actually roll the character :/

Add a poll to your post so we can help you out ^_^

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I debated for a long time about what class to play first.

After watching the latest smuggler trailer. Smuggler Scoundrel sealed the deal.

Self cloak, Mass cloak, Shotgun to the back, a kick to the groin, fly by bombing runs from your own ship, etc.

All that with a cool cape and a witty attitude? Yes please.

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Dark Pony I cant believe you put Jedi on that list. Shame on you! No saltlick for 1 week!!!!

***Teaches Ashoka Tano how to dance!***

Nooooo V_V

It's because of their hooded cloaks and natural colored garments. They look more "real" to me compared to the warrior's badassity. Also playing the underdog faction (if it ends up like that) has its advantages too (more action in world pvp).

Anyway, POLL IS TRIPLE TIED AT THIS MOMENT!

That isn't helping me much lol.

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

I picked scoundrel as my trooper tank (vanguard) is going to need some heals!! image

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

Originally posted by kegtap

I picked scoundrel as my trooper tank (vanguard) is going to need some heals!! image

Opportunist!

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

For me to answer this poll properly.. I have to know these things.  Please answer the following:

Do you intend to solo a lot?

Do you enjoy healing, DPS, or Tanking more?

Do you expect to do any end game raids, or will you be playing primarily PvP?

How tall are you?

Are you lookin forward to playing a specific race?

Are you interested in close range combat or long range?

What time is it?

Do you already have an alignment planned no matter which character you choose, and what is that alignment?

Are you planning on playing on a PvP server or a PvE (with optional flaggin capabilities)?

Wisconsin?

Are you looking for romance options early on?

That should about cover everything I need to know to advise you in your picking of said class.

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by kegtap

Opportunist!

HEHE yeah I guess it is.  As far as healers go scoundrel will be my choice to play. I just like the idea that a toon that heals will be kicking someone in the nuts a few minutes later.  Plus a healer with stealth what's bette than that. 

Scoundrel will be my second class after trooper. Heck it may be my first since my brother said he will play a trooper as well. 

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

For me to answer this poll properly.. I have to know these things.  Please answer the following:

Yes

Yes .. erm, dps!

Pew pew!

How tall are you?

1.82 cm's

No, but I like Twileks image

I like both, as long as it feels dynamic

What time is it?

7.28 PM here in Holland

Do you already have an alignment planned no matter which character you choose, and what is that alignment?

Not really, I'll go with the flow

Are you planning on playing on a PvP server or a PvE (with optional flaggin capabilities)?

RP-PVP

Wisconsin?

Yes .. no ... wat?

Not really, I'll just cyber some 50 year old neckbeard pretending to be a girl irl if I need to.

That should about cover everything I need to know to advise you in your picking of said class.

Thank you, MaskedWeasel V_V

p.s. I have to go out now, curious to see what you have in store for me later.

• munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96

No Bounty Hunter Mercenary option? Why no love Pony?!

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Definitely an Agent.

How else are you going to hide the fact that you're a pony? There's some serious pony-discrimination out there dude, I don't even think the senate recognizes you as a sapient species. You need to go undercover, and there's only one class that can do that for you.

Although I guess the Jedi Sentinel could also work, but you'd have to do this a lot:

*waves hand* This is not the pony you are looking for....

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

Why choose?!

I'm going to roll both scoundrel and bounty hunter at the same time. Play with one, see a bit of the story. Rest a bit. Play the other one. It's like reading a book with 2 characters - you see the same situation, how it develops, etc, from both sides of the conflict.

If I'll be interested in one more than in other, I'll play it more.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Yes

Yes .. erm, dps!

Pew pew!

How tall are you?

1.82 cm's

No, but I like Twileks image

I like both, as long as it feels dynamic

What time is it?

7.28 PM here in Holland

Not really, I'll go with the flow

RP-PVP

Wisconsin?

Yes .. no ... wat?

Not really, I'll just cyber some 50 year old neckbeard pretending to be a girl irl if I need to.

Thank you, MaskedWeasel V_V

p.s. I have to go out now, curious to see what you have in store for me later.

Whew,  okay I analyzed everything and was thrown a little bit by some of the choices.  I wouldn't have picked ANY of those classes for you originally, based on these answers.    Solo-ability,  plus being on an RP-PVP server,  AND you are only 1.82 cm's.   Almost impossible for me to choose.  But I did.  For you... you will be,  the Sith Warrior Marauder.

I have my reasons.. and they are very good reasons...  and I could tell them to you..  and I will, if you are really interested... or I can just give you this picture to illustrate my point.

I think that says it all.