Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I been loving this game after playing it this weekend in the beta.  If your into pvp at all in any way this game will grip you like nothing you've tried before.  Give it a go by signing up at https://wrathofheroes.warhammeronline.com/.  I completly support this game and would recommend it to any friend. 

For all updated info and testing times check at http://www.facebook.com/wrathofheroes#!/wrathofheroes?sk=wall

The game could use some more support. Submit your hype here on mmorpg as well.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I got invited when it started and only found it fun for 2 or 3 weekends, after that it gets really boring with it being so repetitive.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Its warhammer gunz

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

This game is from the same people who currently manage Warhammer Online yeah?  I can assure you at some point you will be disappointed.  I have a hard time supporting a game that is made the same company who brought us that abomination Warhammer Online.  Wrath of Heroes (disamissing how terrible it is that they used the Warhammer universe for this) seems like basically the stuff I hated about the MMO, constant scenarios.   No thanks.  Have fun and good luck :D

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Its a fast action packed pvp game, its not some dramatic long lived "oh god im going to be so disapointed" type of deal here.  Its like swinging on the swingset or going to the water park. You dont spend lots of times with it but the time you do spent is hella fun. 

If its to repiticious for you then your not playing the game as its intended.  No one says you have to keep playing the same thing over and over.  Wait till some new stuff comes out before you go have a blast again like a new map or class.  I dont want to play the same maps over and over again either but I know when its time to stop playing and wait for some new stuff.

Originally posted by eycel

If its to repiticious for you then your not playing the game as its intended.  No one says you have to keep playing the same thing over and over.  Wait till some new stuff comes out before you go have a blast again like a new map or class.  I dont want to play the same maps over and over again either but I know when its time to stop playing and wait for some new stuff.

Bear in mind that i came from playing WAR on and off since it released into this watered down version. It lacks most of the things that made WAR bad but it also lacks everything else including the good parts. I gave it a try, didn't like it and won't be trying it again even with new maps or classes.

They should have put the time, effort and money into fixing their MMO than making this quick fix mini game tbh.

I dont think comparing the two in any form has merit.  There compleatly different games, apples and oranges.  Instead of critising them for making a new game I feel its my duty to let people know its a good thing to leave behind something that will take way to much time to add to and make an entire new mmo. 

I really dont see how people can be on such oppisite sides of thinking on such a simple topic as this.  I feel developers spend way to much time adding x-pacs to there games when they could launch a new game in the same amount of time it takes to add all the content that caters to nich crowds.

I may be bias but you should never shun a developer for making a new game in my opionion.  Thats just wrong.

This game is a simple spank and tank, run and gun, pvp game that really shouldnt need to take any type of critisisim at all cause of its simplistic nature.

I dont think comparing the two in any form has merit.  There compleatly different games, apples and oranges.  Instead of critising them for making a new game I feel its my duty to let people know its a good thing to leave behind something that will take way to much time to add to and make an entire new mmo. 

I really dont see how people can be on such oppisite sides of thinking on such a simple topic as this.  I feel developers spend way to much time adding x-pacs to there games when they could launch a new game in the same amount of time it takes to add all the content that caters to nich crowds.

I may be bias but you should never shun a developer for making a new game in my opionion.  Thats just wrong.

This game is a simple spank and tank, run and gun, pvp game that really shouldnt need to take any type of critisisim at all cause of its simplistic nature.

You missed the piont entirely fella. It's not about critisizing them for making a new game. It's one thing to move on to new projects but it's another to ruin the original project, publicly sneer at it then put the team on a cheap and nasty rip off of said game in order just to keep the license to the IP. Perhaps if i'd came to it having never played WAR i'd have felt different.

Sure some people will like it, you obviously do, but you said you've only played it for a weekend and then proceeded to tell me I shouldn't critisize it because i found it fun for a few weekends but then became bored due to it being repetitive. Chances are in a few weeks you'll come back here and say the same thing as i did.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by Worstluck

This game is from the same people who currently manage Warhammer Online yeah?  I can assure you at some point you will be disappointed.  I have a hard time supporting a game that is made the same company who brought us that abomination Warhammer Online.  Wrath of Heroes (disamissing how terrible it is that they used the Warhammer universe for this) seems like basically the stuff I hated about the MMO, constant scenarios.   No thanks.  Have fun and good luck :D

Same company thats making a certain Star Wars MMO lol

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

instead of wasting their time those people need to grab warhammer and make it freemium with cash shop.... i dont wanna play wrath of heroes.... i wanna play the real warhammer.... but its not worth a sub...

• SlybaconSlybacon Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by rojo6934

instead of wasting their time those people need to grab warhammer and make it freemium with cash shop.... i dont wanna play wrath of heroes.... i wanna play the real warhammer.... but its not worth a sub...

Sadly this is true, warhammer has some of the most fun characters to play in any mmo but the games just not worth the sub

slybacongaming.blogspot.com

Well either way the point here is not "what they should have done with there current warhammer mmo" or " you will get bored and tired of it after a few weeks", I played it for 30 hours, I know its a good game and I long to play it more.  The point here is that its worth a go at, thats it. Its not something that your going to be heart broken over and wine about if you dont like it, its a small game that takes half an hour to download and play. 

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259

I was disappointed with Mythic when they ruined DAoC with ToA. I am really disappointed with EA/Mythic for failing to fix WAR, and creating this thing instead.

While scenerios were fun to a point, they are not fun enough to have their own game.  I always had more fun in open world RvR myself.

So I don't intend to waste anymore time with WAR or it's quirky little spin off.  It kills me, because I love the Warhammer Fantasy setting.

I'm sure this will be fun for some people, for some time. I just don't think it's going to hold people for the long haul.

I played warhammer online as well, yet I dont see any reason they shouldnt have made this game because of it.  I even have a forum for warhammer online with updates every day. 

This is about a new game that really has nothing to do with Warhammer online.  If you feel strongly about it, make threads in the apropriete forums ala warhammer online section.  This is about wrath of heroes.  Granted any publicy is better then bad publicity and there isnt much of that going around in this section of the forums but here on mmorpg I tink its the oppisite, bad publicity is a death sentence lol.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I like open world PVP/RvR...I clicked on the link to check it out, and it is arena combat, I find arena combat boring/repetitive.  So I wont be playing it, but I know a lot of people love it, looks very cartoony also, but again people don't mind that either.

I did find it odd that Bioware is making it.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

And i thought they couldn't possibly make warhammer any worse, i guess i was wrong.

aww, cmon dont be so dead beat.

also Id suggest using an mmo mouse also, my logitech g700 works perfect with this game. 

aww, cmon dont be so dead beat.

also Id suggest using an mmo mouse also, my logitech g700 works perfect with this game. 

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Paul Barnett is promoting this game so i think i'll give it a skip.

sorry I aint even readin your last reply :)  If its anywere as constructive as your first then Id rather not go there. cheers mate!

sorry I aint even readin your last reply :)  If its anywere as constructive as your first then Id rather not go there. cheers mate!

good luck promoting your game. :)

• leafs43leafs43 Member Posts: 4

Game doesn;t play anything like Warhammer Online.

It has some classes from WAR, but the similarities end there.

It doesn't even feel like its run on the same engine as WAR.

yea your right, it doesnt and it feels great I think.

Wanted to let everyone know the play times this week

BETA TIMES:

Thurs. Oct. 27th

4PM-8PM EDT (8PM-12AM UTC)

Fri. Oct. 28th

10AM-10PM EDT (2PM-2AM UTC)

Sat. Oct. 29th

12PM-6PM EDT (4PM-10PM UTC)

Ill be on all 3 days, im eycel there, just add me if you want to warband togather.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Still with the absurd  "4 hours and done" stuff...

Looks like I'll ignore the e-mail once again and keep crossing my fingers for a dota 2 one to show up....

one hour left till beta starts this week.  If your in beta add me eycel and pm me to get a warband started. 

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

/snore.

I think I'll let someone else guinea pig this thing in beta. Since it's going to be FTP anyways, I have better things to do with my time than debug a game. I won't miss anything considering when they launch I can try the "fixed" game.

But happy bug hunting for anyone going for it!