Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Expansion Named, New Class & Race Included

Comments

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Yea dude you are right. This people try to comment and they probably never played wow(maybe free trial) It will be good as always. I was subscriber for 6 years and i will not return to wow again because of new games comming. But  i had best gaming time of my life with wow and eve online. It is awesome lore and nothing in mmo industry can compare with  big ''King''.  Panda Monk, why not? I am sure that Blizzard will make best possible gaming expirience like always

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Does anyone have more info on the supposed to be upgraded graphics?

I just can't believe that they'll really put something into it, since then the game won't run on the asian cyber cafe's PCs anymore. In the end it may turn out to be more meaningless stuff like Dx11 sunrays were, but nowhere near what the game graphically needs for years.

• bestiacorpusbestiacorpus Member Posts: 114

Hopefully they announce more details as to why this expansion is coming out next after the almost-end of Azeroth... They will need a BOOMTHAT'SWHY?! reason why Pandarens and not the story about the return of the Burning Legion (or invasion of Argus), chandelier people Naaru, and maybe finally announce the fate of the other members of the Alliance Expedition who are still missing in the Outlands. Kung-fu Panda is either a terribad coincidence or a total fail in Blizzard's marketing timeline/strategies.

The Deathwing patch team should be in panic now if they still don't have a preview of Pandarens as part of the next patch.

People who think Pandarens are too cute and for kids are either just part of the Hate WoW Club or never really looked at the CHIBI gnomes hahahahahaha

• Jackal-79Jackal-79 Member UncommonPosts: 55

I have just only heard about "Mist's of Pandaria", At first i wasnt sure if it was a WoW expansion becuase i was to busy reading the bit about getting Diablo 3 for free http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/10/21/ign-daily-fix-102111 .

Seem's that if you have a 12 month subcription set up for WoW you get a digital copy of Diablo 3 for free, I really don't know what to think ! Kung fu panda ? Diablo 3 free ?.

I think Blizzard have lost the plot really....

Ps , if Blizz release pets like a kung fu snake, mantis etc they deserve every bit of hate.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by blood87

I love the pandas and was thinking of resubbing when this expansion comes out, but then i saw.. monk? i want a Brewmaster not recycled class like the monk, didnt even like that class in EQ

Brewmaster IS part of the monk class. It's the monk's tank specialization. What other kind of brewmaster were you thinking of then?

Monk New Class

• Brewmaster - Tank spec

• Mistweaver - Healer, a healer who can stand up in melee and will let players experience a "new healing style"

• Windwalker - Melee DPS

• This is not a hero class, and it will start at level 1

• The class is very martial-arts based

• Lots of monk-only animations, the healer and tanks will have different stances they can stand in, etc ...

• Monk Races - All of them except Goblin and Worgens

Originally posted by Jackal-79

I have just only heard about "Mist's of Pandaria", At first i wasnt sure if it was a WoW expansion becuase i was to busy reading the bit about getting Diablo 3 for free http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/10/21/ign-daily-fix-102111 .

Seem's that if you have a 12 month subcription set up for WoW you get a digital copy of Diablo 3 for free, I really don't know what to think ! Kung fu panda ? Diablo 3 free ?.

I think Blizzard have lost the plot really....

It's not about giving you D3 for free, it's about getting you to sub 12 month to WoW AND to make you run another sub for D3.

Plus, with a 12month sub you won't be able to cancel once GW2 comes out.

It's Activi$$ion, so it's all just that. Nothing for free from Kotick who hates gamers but loves money.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by Purutzil

The trailer is pricess. This is what plays in my mind watching it...

"Remember fighting through Onyxia ? "

"Remember rushing into outlands and beating illidan and pushing back kil jaden?"

"Remember going to northrends and fighting through the hordes of undead?"

"Remember fighting in a crumbling world against dethwing and his destruction"

"Continue the journey... exploring a nice vibrant and happy go lucky place, with pandas! Yes pandas! Hurray pandas its all so pretty and peaceful, so loving and caring, everythings so fancy and wonderful and amazing!"

Me: O.o wtf? Why would you make all the past expansions and all seem so epic and dire and then suddenly cut to something all happy go lucky without a care in the world about it?

Exactly! That had me laughing more than anything. The trailer deliberately sets you up for the joke this expansion is, by reminding you of how "epic" previous content has been, then offering us Kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon pet battles. I have to believe that the Trailer team knew what they were doing and that some at Blizzard are as dubious about the expansion as many of us are.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by fiontar

Originally posted by Purutzil

The trailer is pricess. This is what plays in my mind watching it...

"Remember fighting through Onyxia ? "

"Remember rushing into outlands and beating illidan and pushing back kil jaden?"

"Remember going to northrends and fighting through the hordes of undead?"

"Remember fighting in a crumbling world against dethwing and his destruction"

"Continue the journey... exploring a nice vibrant and happy go lucky place, with pandas! Yes pandas! Hurray pandas its all so pretty and peaceful, so loving and caring, everythings so fancy and wonderful and amazing!"

Me: O.o wtf? Why would you make all the past expansions and all seem so epic and dire and then suddenly cut to something all happy go lucky without a care in the world about it?

Exactly! That had me laughing more than anything. The trailer deliberately sets you up for the joke this expansion is, by reminding you of how "epic" previous content has been, then offering us Kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon pet battles. I have to believe that the Trailer team knew what they were doing and that some at Blizzard are as dubious about the expansion as many of us are.

How many times one can repeat Kung Fu panda before it begisn to sound true. Even though this is a cannon race from WC3 and got nothing to do with Kung fu panda character?.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Gudrunix

Originally posted by ghettobooste

Do you guys really think WoW is such serious bizness that Pandas do not belong??

For me, it's not the Pandaren.  Blizzard has had a bit of whimsy in its Warcraft world since WC2's goblins and gnomes, so it's not entirely out of character.

The problem, for me, is that it really feels like Blizzard is throwing whatever they can at the game to try and keep it alive without really creating a coherent experience.  One of the appeals of "vanilla" WoW was that it felt so immersive, and the storylines felt deep and epic, and the challenges were genuinely challenging.  That continued, for the most part, through BC, and to some extent through WotLK.

But by Cata it was gone, and this is definitely not going to bring it back.  It's not one thing, it's a lot things; it's the "epic" gear that isn't so epic with every patch that gets released, and the countless vanity pets whose novelty wears off extremely fast, and the motorcycles and other crazy mounts, and the pointless grind-y daily quests, and the "new" dungeons that feel very much like all the "old" dungeons, and the threat-that-threatens-to-end-the-world-of-the-week, and the seemingly endless aren't-we-clever pop culture references, etc., etc.  And the dead zones, and the pointless grind to top level through those empty zones, and the general feeling that 90% of the game's content is totally irrelevant.

Again, this does nothing to fix that.  It's just throw-more-content-at-the-wall-and-hope-some-of-it-sticks.  Which was what Cata was, and it failed.  At least Blizzard has made some effort to preserve the credibility and the appeal of their Diable and Starcraft enterprises, but goodness only knows for how long that will last.

My thought exactly. I don't even feel like trolling WoW anymore looking at its evolution because I feel its devs are doing it even better than I could.

• TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!! IT'S SEXUAL HARRASMENT PANADA!!!!!! YYYYYAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!! And you know what? that makes him a SSSSSAAAAADDDDD Panda!

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

blizzard once had a april fool called WoW, they yust kee[ making april fools till the game doesnt sell anymore:P

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Am i a Prophet or is Blizzard so damn predictive

I knew somehow that there will be Pandas and Pandaria in one of the future expansions even since TBC.

However, for me its to late for Blizzard to put anything new. There is no way for me to return WoW and Blizzards games ever again... I just became too sick of gear-based games. Yes, i know its majority of MMORPGs but maybe its a reason why i stopped to follow MMORPGs in the first place...

However, i dont think that Blizz and WoW are going downhill. There will always be people that will buy junk from them, just because its Blizzard and WoW, despite that most of creative people are not there anymore.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• GauneroidGauneroid Member Posts: 2

They should upg gf. engine, make some options to make the game more realistic - violent, blood, corpses with arrows and wounds, "fatalites", strong languages and so on - to make the game for adult players. We've play the game for more than 6 years and for some wicked reason its not evolving with us - its going backwards. They can always locks it with parental lock anyway.

I rly dont wanna kill bunnys with umbrelas and evil snowmans in hats and take their carrots.

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129

for some reason videos just won't load on gamertube. heck they don't even show up, just shows me the writing about the video. Is it because i live in nz? am i not allowed? :(

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

SWTOR is so going to OWN Wow it will make Blizzard cry!  This is just too little way too late!  And this is coming from someone who has no intention of playing SWTOR.

Originally posted by Failtrain

for some reason videos just won't load on gamertube. heck they don't even show up, just shows me the writing about the video. Is it because i live in nz? am i not allowed? :(

They don't load for me in Firefox, wokring in Internet Explorer though.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

OMG i though nothing can be worse then Cataclysm, but next seems to be real fail....

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

I'm not even a fan of WoW, but there is some pure hate going on here...

Funny thing is WoW will go on strong for another 2 years after all the filth you guys spew out your mouths about it....expansions pique curiosity, and anyone invested enough into WoW is most likely gunna check it out well enough to keep the game surviving.

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Ozmodan

SWTOR is so going to OWN Wow it will make Blizzard cry!  This is just too little way too late!  And this is coming from someone who has no intention of playing SWTOR.

I guess people learn nothing from past experinces. Statement like these are laughable at best.

• UrzaElentUrzaElent Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by mysticalspam

Originally posted by Praetalus

Originally posted by precious328

Did they just hire Jack Black or something?

Kung Fu Panda? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I used to play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was a kid. The characters were fantastic, e.g., Leonardo, Don, Mike, Raph, Shredder, Krang, Slash, Splinter, etc....

HOWEVER,

When they started to get cute with stupid characters like, "Pizza Throwing Raph" and "Rappin' Mike", I thought that was even too gay for a 12 year old.

Moreover, the Monk is probably the dumbest class of all time.

This is WoW.

I swear you guys crack me up.. Pandas!! how could they:

Arrakoa = bird people

Centaur= horse people

Furblogs = bear people

Gnolls = hyena people

Kobolds = rat people

Magnataur = mammoth people

Murlocs = fish people

Naga = fish/snake people

Qiraji/Nerubian = bug people

Quillboar = boar people

Taunka = buffalo people

Tauren = cow people

Tol'vir = cat people

Tuskarr = walrus people

Wildkin/Moonkin = owl people

Wolvar = wolverine people

Worgen = wolf people

I don't see a problem.

well lets see you can't play a arrkoa... you cant play a centaur... you cant play furbogs... etc why now all a sudden you can play a race that never existred in the game b4........ thats the problem..

disney kungfu panda people should sue em or something... 

{mod edit} Lets see here, Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne comes out in 2003, which had the pandarins as neutral heros, kung fu panda comes out in 2008. {mod edit}

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Rift: OMFG this is gonna kill WOW

WAR: OMFG the real WOW...Blizz will cry 

AOC: Now this is the WOW killer

See a pattern.  SWTOR will be the same way only better initial success than all of the above.  Next year it will be OMG GW2 is gonna kill them all.  Pretty sure in 2013 we will still be talking about the killer of the next MMO for the masses.

Pretty much this...

TOR has a huge budget and a recognizable IP going for it, but thats about it.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

I've always called people posting on MMORPG.com the hipsters of the genre, and i think this thread shows it best.

What surprised me was that a lot of (what i though were) sensible posters joining in on the snobbing and that just made me sad. Mature people being "mature" i think it's a good time to go back to being a faceless lurker.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Originally posted by Anthur

Definately aimed at the asian market. Probably a smart move, money wise.

Yeah i think it has alot to do with the fact that they know they will be losing alot of NA/EU subs to TOR and GW2.

Is that so? I wonder. I mean, do people in Asia really want to see a pseudo-China realm? And Pandas? How do you know this? I mean, some people prefer the "exotic" aka foreign stuff.

Even tho I am German I would not want a MMO with Oktoberfest, Lederhosen and Pickelhauben. Maybe Chinese people are tired of their cliches as well? Who knows?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

hahaha!!

• kamuiguikamuigui Member UncommonPosts: 16

HATER GONNA HATE!!!

Simple as that!

The guys who is QQ about the panda thing with "Kung Fu Panda? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" and etc... this ppl don't know NOTHING about Warcraft, Blizzard, or they culture. And know nothing about the pandaren or the history behind it.

Go play Warcraft III before QQ.

Don't like it? Cancel your subscribe or go to hellokity online. :p