Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Overview

Comments

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Originally posted by arctarus

Talent system is revamp, but your other skills that you learn from your class trainer remains, a very detail wite up can be found here

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/203784/world-of-warcraft-class-talent-system

of course take note, its still early and subject to changes, just like path of titans never make it.

This game will be release in what? dec 2012?

My guess is it will release dependent on when GW2 releases. I dont anticapate both games releasing close together. GW2 should release next year, although no one knows when. The guess is Q3/Q4, which would slide right up on a holiday release for WoW. Who knows though. Blizzard could not consider GW2 a true competitor because of the different sub models, and just not care when it releases. I hope the WoW fanbase truly enjoy this expac, I just find it childish and watered down.

• TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

It's Sexual Harrasment Panda http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1xLgSlGpI  This makes me a sad panda!!

• AmannasAmannas Member Posts: 95

"for now though, the new zones, new race, and new class all look great"

phooof.. another Will the Murph objective, rational, non-biased, and most of all, open minded article..i love you man, people like you make me happy, and thankfully, world's full of people like you.

Be well..lol

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373

Originally posted by Zzad

WTF is Blizzard smoking?

I think a few of the dev's took a few hits of LSD once they found out about Steve Jobs trips.

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

• DiscoListerDiscoLister Member UncommonPosts: 2

Are people forgetting that Pandarens were in the warcraft lore way before the Kung Fu Panda franchise was even known? Pandarens should've been in WoW since vanilla...I bet if they were, people would be excited as fuck to be able to play as tem. Just like when goblins and worgens were introduced....

• garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284
    Just keep in mind how big WoW is in China...
     :p 
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by garrett

Thats what I was thinking...

I think Blizzard is now focusing more on the majority of WoW's playerbase..

The Asian Countries.

• skulljoeskulljoe Member Posts: 89

At least Blizzard showed some balls on making those big changes

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

If Harrison Jones says: "Pandas, why'd it have to be pandas?" at some point, it may make the whole thing worth getting.

Otherwise, laugh. out. loud.

The shark hath been jumped. You read it here first.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

great, best thing they could do !

Wow was all the time a cartoony "cute" mmo. Pandas fit there very well. And it will be doing great in asian market also amongst the teens and children because they are nearly all anime influenced.

The people who bitch about wow you can ignore, because they will be bitching till wow will becaome sandbox, full-loot pvp or some crap like that,

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Don't Panderans not only predate Kung Fu Panda but also WoW?  I Panderans dated back to Warcraft 2, and if that is the case why are people surprised or crying?  All the other absurd yet entertaining fanstasy/steampunk elements in the game but pandas make people poo themselves with rage.

Personally I love everything I've seen so far Pandas and Pokemon style battles included.  Bring back Real ID for the forums and I'll throw handfuls of money at Blizzard.

All the doom and gloom posts lol, even if WoW were to lose 90% of their subs they'd still arguably be the most subbed mmo.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by augustgrace

Don't Panderans not only predate Kung Fu Panda but also WoW?  I Panderans dated back to Warcraft 2, and if that is the case why are people surprised or crying?  All the other absurd yet entertaining fanstasy/steampunk elements in the game but pandas make people poo themselves with rage.

Personally I love everything I've seen so far Pandas and Pokemon style battles included.  Bring back Real ID for the forums and I'll throw handfuls of money at Blizzard.

All the doom and gloom posts lol, even if WoW were to lose 90% of their subs they'd still arguably be the most subbed mmo.

Just because something worked in a game 15 years ago doesn't mean it won't be ridiculed and laughed at now. You can't deny that the screen shots immediately make most people think oh someone put some Kung-Fu Panda in WoW. It doesn't bother me either way, but I can understand the ridicule.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Im excited. I always wanted a pandaren toon. Now, with the monk class...... Ho ho ho. Bring it!
  • TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182

But I thought Blizzard was going to have to change the pandaren to something else in China because it's illegal to depict the sacred animal of China in violence. Is this not actually the case?

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

"They were in WC3, they were part of the story"...

LOL...

The ACTUAL history was they were ORIGINALLY created as one of Blizz's EPIC April Fool's Pranks.  BECAUSE of the public reaction they were added to WC3.

So get that straight.. they started as a JOKE.   Now Blizz is adding them in all seriousness.  Why not add the permadeath wisp?  That was intriguing atleast.

The other issue I have is that if they would have been added during B.C. like they were originally thought to have, they wouldn't have been ridiculed as much.  Kung Fu Panda was not released until 2008, B.C. released in 2007.   It would have been a SAFE choice.

Releasing it AFTER 2 Kung Fu Panda movies makes it subject to ALL the possible ridicule it deserves.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

You blizzard fans just got Pre-Schooled!!!

Tthis is the best ever.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by Ikeda

"They were in WC3, they were part of the story"...

LOL...

The ACTUAL history was they were ORIGINALLY created as one of Blizz's EPIC April Fool's Pranks.  BECAUSE of the public reaction they were added to WC3.

So get that straight.. they started as a JOKE.   Now Blizz is adding them in all seriousness.  Why not add the permadeath wisp?  That was intriguing atleast.

The other issue I have is that if they would have been added during B.C. like they were originally thought to have, they wouldn't have been ridiculed as much.  Kung Fu Panda was not released until 2008, B.C. released in 2007.   It would have been a SAFE choice.

Releasing it AFTER 2 Kung Fu Panda movies makes it subject to ALL the possible ridicule it deserves.

You're right, but yet wrong.

Adding it now only proves their popularity. Now, if for some reason Pandas make you feel uncomfortable, that's your problem :).

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Originally posted by BizkitNL

You're right, but yet wrong.

Adding it now only proves their popularity in CHINA. Now, if for some reason Pandas make you feel uncomfortable, that's your problem :).

Don't misunderstand me.  I don't MIND them being in the lore.  But I want people to at least UNDERSTAND the lore that they are throwing around.  Don't tell me "oh it was in a WC3 expansion".  No, it was there for a reason.  In fact, for that matter, 9/10's of all Pandaran lore comes from the PnP game that Blizz specifies is non-canon.

Added to that.  Please note I said it would have been better had hey been released in B.C.  Not "oh noes they added panda's".  They released it after 2 Kung Fu Panda movies, thus they deserve every ounce of ridicule.  That being said, if they WEREN'T copying Kung Fu Panda why did they make them Monks and not Brewmasters (the typical Pandaran's encountered outside of their realm were all in search of stuff for).  Why not call them Brewmaster?

Do you see?   Subtle differences in choices would be the complete difference between ridicule and praise.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

This move is the equivolent of them making the cows in Diablo on the cow level a playable race in order to keep Diablo's numbers high in india.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256

Originally posted by itgrowls

This move is the equivolent of them making the cows in Diablo on the cow level a playable race in order to keep Diablo's numbers high in india.

Well played sir. Well played.

*claps slowly*

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185

While I was dissapointed by the expansion.  I was just expecting WoW to do something different.. something more daring with this expansion but they have in general played it safe.  I think it'll be a solid addition. I love the setting and the monk looks awsome but when you compare it to some of the new games coming and it's current competition(Rift)... I thought that they'd bring out the big guns instead they brought the pea shooter.

Will I buy it?  Sure.  I generally do pick up WoW's expansions despite it being at best an occasional side game for me.  I generally have lots of fun when I do play the game but something always draws me away or robs me of enough time to play more than one game at once.  It's nothing amazing but WoW is solid.. and this is a solid expansion but it's definitely more of the same.  Which isn't all bad.  I'm unsure how I'll feel about this a year from now.  We'll have to see.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I thought it was all about the Lore though from the reactions here
  • SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I'm still under the impression that this is a total joke.

No way would they be that stupid.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Elidien

Originally posted by precious328

I'm still under the impression that this is a total joke.

No way would they be that stupid.

So what's so stupid about? The part where Metzen stated thatPandarens are the #1 requested thing asked for by Blizzard players at events and in surveys? So its stupid to give the playerbase the #1 thing they have been asking for for years? Or is it the part where Pandarens were supposed to be added with BC?

Nah the stupid part is that people hate on WOW now and anything related to it because its the "cool" thing to do and the fact they do not have any real arguments to hate on it so they just make up childish (its Pokemon or its Kungfu panda) arguments to make them feel better.

Posters might criticize wow, but you completely misuse the word hate, you can't hate on anything, unless you don't know the language.

Making the skill tree a joke, which it almost is now just makes the game a laughing stock.