Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kung Fu Panda Comes To WoW

Comments

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by Talgen

Originally posted by Supersoups

Add Pokemon on top of that and I'll I can say is, 'Really? Really, Really?!?'    Discuss.

Another topic on this? 'really, really, really?

Panda race existed in WC3 so it is not something taken from Kung Fu Panda. I guess it is ok to play a 'cow' but not a panda.

Yep thats right, another topic on it..  as I work full time and have a family.. I just found out and my jaw dropped.. So expect more to come as well.. Didnt realize that topics were limited on this site  (/rolleyes)

At least with the 'cow' race it was akin to a Minotaur, and there felt some connection to an established, well known mytholigical creature.

You cant deny coming off the heels of the sequel of Kung Fu Panda this summer that most peoples minds will go directly there.  Regardless of the lore of the game.. it feels like a stretch.   Also given Blizzards flare for including easter eggs in games, if the so much as one reference to 'Skadooosh' coming from a single panda character.  All the people saying its not kung fu panda, can rot.

Also I dont recall Pokemon, er.. pet fighting in any of the WC games.. am I incorrect?  Please let me know if I am.

Takes 2 minutes to hit search button on website to find out same topics. No one is that busy to hit the search button.

And it is a bit late to cash on Kung Fu panda movies. Moreover like i said earlier Panda race is an old race from WC3 and has nothing to do with the movie. Moreover Activision hold rights to both so it makes this comparison even more silly. Google is your friend, do some research on Pandarens they have existed in WOW universe from days of WOW strategy games.

Sorry pal, aint going to happen, I have kids.. I'm more familiar with the movies than caring enough to research the lore, shouldnt have to..  shouldnt have to research something fictionaI  to have it all 'make sense' ..  dont care about the lore, dont care enough about the game... First impression to me, and I can almost guarantee you, and to most others will be kung fu panda.  So you can either accept it and move on, or continue to try and get me to research something: 1. I dont care about  2. I'm not getting paid to research. 3. again, I dont care.

Did I say this is 'omg horrible, this is teh suxxorz xpac'?  no.  I said.. OMG Kung fu panda! w/ pokemon!  really?

I never said it was brought out to cash in on the kung fu movies.. however now that you mention it.. there are alot of kids that liked that movie... hmmmmmmmmm...

You need to cut out on sugar before you touch that keyboard. And yes we got it. 'you don't care'.  My fault though, i give too much credit to 'common sense' these days.

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by grawss

Sorry pal, aint going to happen, I have kids.. I'm more familiar with the movies than caring enough to research the lore, shouldnt have to..  shouldnt have to research something fictionaI  to have it all 'make sense' ..  dont care about the lore, dont care enough about the game... First impression to me, and I can almost guarantee you, and to most others will be kung fu panda.  So you can either accept it and move on, or continue to try and get me to research something: 1. I dont care about  2. I'm not getting paid to research. 3. again, I dont care.

Did I say this is 'omg horrible, this is teh suxxorz xpac'?  no.  I said.. OMG Kung fu panda! w/ pokemon!  really?

I never said it was brought out to cash in on the kung fu movies.. however now that you mention it.. there are alot of kids that liked that movie... hmmmmmmmmm...

The entirety of the research you would have to do is to read any of the other threads about this exact topic. It's just common sense to search for a similar topic rather than create another. You clearly have the time to write semi-lengthy posts, which goes against your claim of having too little time for research or to search for similar topics.

You had to figure out the news at some point, and you likely knew the date the expansion was announced. With 260 or more posts, you couldn't be so ignorant about the forums to assume there wasn't topics about this already. Again, common sense.

You are correct that the first impression for many will be Kung-Fu Panda, but I do not understand why that is relevant. If this thread is somehow meant to educate the MMORPG.com forum-goers, then I feel your time has been wasted. Not that I believe for a second that it was your intention. :P

Speaking of not buying what you're selling: Your original post heavy implied that you disapproved of the additions to the game. Regardless of what you say you meant, it would require willful ignorance to think the response would be any different than it has been. Again, common sense.

I mean no offense by this post, but I do believe you already knew about the other topics and are just trying to stir up trouble. :P

image  Reading's hard.. And typing is faster...well my keyboard is old .. so some of the keys stick which irritate me..

All I did this morning was log onto another gaming site see a giant Panda in a kung Fu stance and read a blurb about pokemon style pet combat.. I woulda done a spit-take if my coffee had been done brewing at that point.. but alas it was not.. so I laughed out loud.. or lol'd for the younger generation. 

This post is so obviously not meant to educate or enlighten or teach.. it's meant to be an opinion piece and humor..  which I believe some of you may have understood.. image  No.  For this was entertaining.

image ?    Probably in some minds, I however thought it was a more humorous discussion on the 300lb gorilla in the room.

Too many people these days, for some reason, have an emotional attachment to pixels..  They'll spend months attaining something that isnt tangible nor equitable then display it like a peacock or as if they've discovered the cure for cancer....   I find it a hoot when they themselves blur the lines between reality and fiction.  

Either way you slice it, this is an opinion piece.. the opinion being 'omfg, kung fu panda in WoW.. too funny'

Kalfer ... Head on nail my friend.. head on nail...  that is exaclty how i'm feeling this fine morning.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

Add Pokemon on top of that and I'll I can say is, 'Really? Really, Really?!?'    Discuss.

Panda race existed in WC3 so it is not something taken from Kung Fu Panda. I guess it is ok to play a 'cow' but not a panda.

Yep thats right, another topic on it..  as I work full time and have a family.. I just found out and my jaw dropped.. So expect more to come as well.. Didnt realize that topics were limited on this site  (/rolleyes)

At least with the 'cow' race it was akin to a Minotaur, and there felt some connection to an established, well known mytholigical creature.

You cant deny coming off the heels of the sequel of Kung Fu Panda this summer that most peoples minds will go directly there.  Regardless of the lore of the game.. it feels like a stretch.   Also given Blizzards flare for including easter eggs in games, if the so much as one reference to 'Skadooosh' coming from a single panda character.  All the people saying its not kung fu panda, can rot.

Also I dont recall Pokemon, er.. pet fighting in any of the WC games.. am I incorrect?  Please let me know if I am.

GW have something similar and its Polymock, its just a mini game, i really dont see the problem with that...

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

The entirety of the research you would have to do is to read any of the other threads about this exact topic. It's just common sense to search for a similar topic rather than create another. You clearly have the time to write semi-lengthy posts, which goes against your claim of having too little time for research or to search for similar topics.

You had to figure out the news at some point, and you likely knew the date the expansion was announced. With 260 or more posts, you couldn't be so ignorant about the forums to assume there wasn't topics about this already. Again, common sense.

You are correct that the first impression for many will be Kung-Fu Panda, but I do not understand why that is relevant. If this thread is somehow meant to educate the MMORPG.com forum-goers, then I feel your time has been wasted. Not that I believe for a second that it was your intention. :P

Speaking of not buying what you're selling: Your original post heavy implied that you disapproved of the additions to the game. Regardless of what you say you meant, it would require willful ignorance to think the response would be any different than it has been. Again, common sense.

I mean no offense by this post, but I do believe you already knew about the other topics and are just trying to stir up trouble. :P

image ?    Probably in some minds, I however thought it was a more humorous discussion on the 300lb gorilla in the room.

Too many people these days, for some reason, have an emotional attachment to pixels..  They'll spend months attaining something that isnt tangible nor equitable then display it like a peacock or as if they've discovered the cure for cancer....   I find it a hoot when they themselves blur the lines between reality and fiction.  

The discussion about the 300lb gorilla already happened and is still happening. You just happened to be strolling by and decided to start having a conversation with the plants as you peaked into said room from outside. :P

And of course people have an emotional attachment to pixels. Just like they have an attachment to a vehicle, a flowerbed, or a child. After all, isn't a child just a pile of flesh and bone? It's only important because you created, nurtured and raised it. Sound familiar? You're pretty naive in your thirties. :P

Sarcasm is not a crime!

You need to cut out on sugar before you touch that keyboard. And yes we got it. 'you don't care'.  My fault though, i give too much credit to 'common sense' these days.

Embrace the Dark Side my friend, its much eaier over here...  It took me 2 years reading the drivle that most people write about on here to realize there is no common sense anymore .. There is only 'what I say goes and if you dont agree, then you're dumb'..  But I'm not saying that at all, i havent argued your facts about the history of the panda in wow, cause there facts after all.

I'm just pointing out the perception of the panda. You made your point in your initial post about the lore i should have remembered from an obscure game years ago, and if not should have at least researched before I dare comment on what I percieved.

After that you're just arguing perception, perception trumps common sense.  Its what we see and believe first before we think that makes our perception.

The discussion about the 300lb gorilla already happened and is still happening. You just happened to be strolling by and decided to start having a conversation with the plants as you peaked into said room from outside. :P

And of course people have an emotional attachment to pixels. Just like they have an attachment to a vehicle, a flowerbed, or a child. After all, isn't a child just a pile of flesh and bone? It's only important because you created, nurtured and raised it. Sound familiar? You're pretty naive in your thirties. :P

Please, lets leave children out of this, I lost my son to cancer @ 4 years old.  So, naive?  Not by a long shot..  I would call anyone else naive for having emotional attachments to things that arent living, to things that didnt come from you, to things that DONT MATTER.  Yes yes, plants are 'alive' but the day you can play catch with one.. then call me.  Other than that, its just objects friend.  Things dont matter.. people do.   Problem is with most gamers, things matter more than people.

I could care less about my PC, House, Job, Car, Pool, Hottub, washer, dryer, .. you get the point.   Does that mean I'll go ahead and destroy each?  No.  but if something happens to them.. I'll get over it rather quickly and get a new one.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Kalfer ... Head on nail my friend.. head on nail...  that is exaclty how i'm feeling this fine morning.

Haha, the gif was awesome. Judging by your account, i'm guessing this isn't the greatest welcome back eh.

But this is pretty much what this site has become. We are no longer entitled to an opinion without doing research, supplying supporting facts, or allowed to be playful/sarcastic/anything, even most mods will rule aggainst such things 9/10 times.

Really the best thing to do now is post your opinion in someone elses topic, and never return for a follow up, regular discussions are so rare it's not even worth trying anymore (this is actually the most times i've returned to a thread in a long time lol)

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Pokemon is a cockfight clone so actually cockfighting clone is coming to WoW. Discuss.

Originally posted by Kuinn

Pokemon is a cockfight clone so actually cockfighting clone is coming to WoW. Discuss.

Hijacker!  Post your own thread :P

edit: apparently I can't spell 'own'... who knew? dont answer that.

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by Kuinn

Will i be able to denounce the pet-combat thingy users to D.E.T.A?

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Takes 2 minutes to hit search button on website to find out same topics. No one is that busy to hit the search button.

And it is a bit late to cash on Kung Fu panda movies. Moreover like i said earlier Panda race is an old race from WC3 and has nothing to do with the movie. Moreover Activision hold rights to both so it makes this comparison even more silly. Google is your friend, do some research on Pandarens they have existed in WOW universe from days of WOW strategy games.

Sorry pal, aint going to happen, I have kids..

I hope you will teach them to research something before they write a paper on it.  Just saying :D

Anyhoo... I know the lore and thought "Kung Fu Panda" the moment the one landed in the trailer.  No matter what, some people will think it's silly.  But that's what they're going for since the last 3 expansions were so dark.  I think they want to lighten things up a bit.

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

I hope you will teach them to research something before they write a paper on it.  Just saying :D

Anyhoo... I know the lore and thought "Kung Fu Panda" the moment the one landed in the trailer.  No matter what, some people will think it's silly.  But that's what they're going for since the last 3 expansions were so dark.  I think they want to lighten things up a bit.

To this reply I have nothing.. Well said sir or madam.. well said. image

Of course, but obviously only to things that matter (to her)

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

You surprise me, I had never thought of sparkle ponies and Mr T grenades as dark
  • MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by RefMinor

You surprise me, I had never thought of sparkle ponies and Mr T grenades as dark

LOL I was repeating what the Blizz dev's said :P

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by alakram

http://classic.battle.net/war3/pandaren/

You should learn about what you talking about. All of this was before kung fu panda, of course.

Actually no, no  I shouldnt..  when I have interest in playing a game.. I play the game.. I shouldnt have to research its years of history.. or get a PhD in it's lore to be able to pick it up and play it..  And guess what.. I'm not alone.. tons of people... /gulp ..  DONT CARE ... the first thing that is going to come to their minds is.. Kung Fu Panda.. why?  Because media has blasted our minds with 2 movies of it..  Trust me I'm not the first or the last to think it...

So, in closing should I learn the entire history of a game, research its lore yadda yadda yadda?  No son.  no.

So you talk about stuff you dont know about? Awesome.

You should learn about what you talking about. All of this was before kung fu panda, of course.

Actually no, no  I shouldnt..  when I have interest in playing a game.. I play the game.. I shouldnt have to research its years of history.. or get a PhD in it's lore to be able to pick it up and play it..  And guess what.. I'm not alone.. tons of people... /gulp ..  DONT CARE ... the first thing that is going to come to their minds is.. Kung Fu Panda.. why?  Because media has blasted our minds with 2 movies of it..  Trust me I'm not the first or the last to think it...

So, in closing should I learn the entire history of a game, research its lore yadda yadda yadda?  No son.  no.

1853 posts and 5years on MMORPG and you are not aware of that.

Actually, let's think rationally here, should one have to read upon the lore of an RTS in order to know whether it make sense a race is added to an MMORPG? Could you even say that with a straight face?

I think it should have been Blizzard's job to introduce the panda lore in WoW so that all those who never played WC but play WoW don't go like "wtf are these silly panda's all about?!".

I can't even remember any quests referencing or even making a subtle allusion to the ludicrous panda's, NEVER. Seriously you shouldn't blame people for being like "Wtf panda's in the lore?!" you should blame the all mighty awesome blizzard for failing at introducing the coming main characters of an expansion.

Way to pick out one line and run with it... Fox News is looking for a new editor... just an FYI to all.. Awesome.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by generals3

Actually, let's think rationally here, should one have to read upon the lore of an RTS in order to know whether it make sense a race is added to an MMORPG? Could you even say that with a straight face?

I think it should have been Blizzard's job to introduce the panda lore in WoW so that all those who never played WC but play WoW don't go like "wtf are these silly panda's all about?!".

I can't even remember any quests referencing or even making a subtle allusion to the ludicrous panda's, NEVER. Seriously you shouldn't blame people for being like "Wtf panda's in the lore?!" you should blame the all mighty awesome blizzard for failing at introducing the coming main characters of an expansion.

There were some weapons in WoW vanila ( of pandaria) and there was a horde quest : Chen's empty keg

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

The only thing i knew about the pandas, is the kid in Stormwind fishing, talks about it vagely, but apart from that I don't think its actually in the game. So to the majority of players and non players the expansion will sound like Kung Fu Panda with Pokemon added for good measure.

Originally posted by kostoslav

There were some weapons in WoW vanila ( of pandaria) and there was a horde quest : Chen's empty keg

Fair enough. I personally can't recall those weapons and never played as horde. but wouldn't you agree this is a bit too little? I mean there were three expansions and than suddenly with very very little info a totally random race and continent pop up? I can understand how many are really troubled by how something they know from a children animated movie suddenly becomes the main theme and new race of a new x-pac

• TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

It's not Kung Fu Panda....it's Sexual Harrasment Panda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1xLgSlGpI

How do Mr T grenades fit into the Lore of WoW?
This discussion has been closed.