Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Expansion Named, New Class & Race Included

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

U realize the pandaran existed in warcraft games prior to world of warcraft? So they existed prior to kung fu panda. just for yoru info. They have been a part of wow lore for years. This isnt some race they just made up its a race they just decided to use in an expansion.

Truth is the pandarans and the pandaran monks existed years ago in there single player warcraft games. I think it was 3 but my memory sucks but i do know pandaran have been around for ages. 

Dont want panda who cares. I think it will be cool to play a panda that uses martial arts to fight. Ive been waiting for a monk class in wow for yrs now and pandarans have been a race forum users clamored for in every expac,. 

There are soem who will rage on it but others who love the fact the pandaran are part of the new wow expac. i cant wait to see the new zones fasioned after asian countries. 

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by kalinis

U realize the pandaran existed in warcraft games prior to world of warcraft? So they existed prior to kung fu panda. just for yoru info. They have been a part of wow lore for years. This isnt some race they just made up its a race they just decided to use in an expansion.

Truth is the pandarans and the pandaran monks existed years ago in there single player warcraft games. I think it was 3 but my memory sucks but i do know pandaran have been around for ages. 

Dont want panda who cares. I think it will be cool to play a panda that uses martial arts to fight. Ive been waiting for a monk class in wow for yrs now and pandarans have been a race forum users clamored for in every expac,. 

There are soem who will rage on it but others who love the fact the pandaran are part of the new wow expac. i cant wait to see the new zones fasioned after asian countries. 

Don't try and explain it to them.

It's a Light Grenade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCeD2gF9jUo <- From Mom & Dad Save the World

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I don't see why people are so negative against this.  I'm only suprised that it took themt his long to add it in.  Pandarens have been in WC lore for a long time.  Every expansion WoW ever had, players always asked where are the Pandarens?  I actually like this alot.  Brewmaster was my favorite hero in WC3.

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

Originally posted by Gravarg

I don't see why people are so negative against this.  I'm only suprised that it took themt his long to add it in.  Pandarens have been in WC lore for a long time.  Every expansion WoW ever had, players always asked where are the Pandarens?  I actually like this alot.  Brewmaster was my favorite hero in WC3.

Kung Fu Panda's.

Let me repeat..

KUNG FU PANDA'S!!!!!

SWToR is just around the corner and the "Best" Blizzard can offer for the future is...KUNG FU F'ING PANDA'S??!?!

You think this is a good thing??

• intheoryintheory Member UncommonPosts: 32

I think it's obvious from the theme of the game, that this game is aimed toward the chinese market who is their biggest selling point. I mean... Pandas? Just look at the art for the new areas. Totally chinese.

And someone else pointed out earlier that World of Warcraft has dozens of half animal(not human, even though humans are animals, but for the sake of this discussion, animals are beasts that are not human)/half human races. The list was posted in like the 10th comment, but yeah. If you think this is new to Warcraft, you have no idea what you are talking about.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

monk sounds good, talent revamps, even better.... but, why same race on both factions? and even worse.... WHY pandas?

my wow sub just ended.... ill wait for this to come out to sub another month and check it... besides the dumb pandas and dumb expansion name i think some eastern culture is good in here.... Blizz is from USA and USA is full of cultures... so that would work in WoW too :D (unless they ever decide to bring talibans as well) lol

30 minutes later edit: now that i think of it..... if there are talking cows(tauren), bufallos(taunka), Walruses(tuskarr), werewolves(worgen), why not pandas? as long as the game gets tighter instead of more dumbed down... then im in.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by mysticalspam

well lets see you can't play a arrkoa... you cant play a centaur... you cant play furbogs... etc why now all a sudden you can play a race that never existred in the game b4........ thats the problem..

disney kungfu panda people should sue em or something... 

I honestly would like to see that, then we could watch as Disney fall on their face as they find out that Pandarians have been a part of Warcraft long before the movie Kung-Fu Panda.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by rojo6934
    monk sounds good, talent revamps, even better.... but, why same race on both factions? and even worse.... WHY pandas?
    my wow sub just ended.... ill wait for this to come out to sub another month and check it... besides the dumb pandas and dumb expansion name i think some eastern culture is good in here.... Blizz is from USA and USA is full of cultures... so that would work in WoW too :D (unless they ever decide to bring talibans as well) lol

30 minutes later edit: now that i think of it..... if there are talking cows(tauren), bufallos(taunka), Walruses(tuskarr), werewolves(worgen), why not pandas? as long as the game gets tighter instead of more dumbed down... then im in.

Dont forget fish (Merlocs), spacegoats(Dreanai), and racoons(can't remember their name) ... everyone thinks pandas are too cute. It's a fair criticism .. lets just hope that they are more like monks than pandas.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
  • UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by kb056

Kung Fu Panda's.

Let me repeat..

KUNG FU PANDA'S!!!!!

SWToR is just around the corner and the "Best" Blizzard can offer for the future is...KUNG FU F'ING PANDA'S??!?!

Actually their best is offering a spot in the next expainsion's beta test and a copy of Diablo III if you sub for a year. In doing this they lower the visual impact games like SWTOR, GW2 and TSW will have on their MMO. There will be alot of people who will jump on it and I admit as someone who left WoW, I stated the only thing that would bring be back was if they "finally" added the Pandarian's and has a Brewmaster class, they have done that and Brewmaster is part of the Monk. Now I said that because I thought they would never add one of the more cult races of their RTS. They teased with easter eggs and April Fools jokes so I didn't think they would ever add them.

With that I ate my hat and I went ahead and sub'd for a year, do I think I will stick around after a month of playing a Pandarian and maxing out... I doubt it but it is the only race I ever wanted in WoW and now they are here and dispite all the hatin' I'm going  to have fun playing them. ;)

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

This!

I don't even play anymore, but I'm still wondering what took Blizzard so long (It was kinda neat hearing that they were originally planned for BC though!)

I do find the 12 month sub plan a little intriguing, but I'm not quite ready to head back in just yet :D!

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    im seriously considering the 12 my mths plan, since i'll be getting diablo3 and coming back to wow for this x-pac, problem is I prefer hardcopy to digital download

RIP Orc Choppa

• galoarigaloari Member UncommonPosts: 72

so it's not an april's fool joke this time?:P

and monk? come on so many people in their team(highly paid ppl) and they can't come up with something more intriguing?

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Kung Fu Panda's.

Let me repeat..

KUNG FU PANDA'S!!!!!

Okay I didnt think Swtor could be a WoW killer.  But this may actually be enough to make players lame out of WoW and just play that instead.  If I was still involved in WoW and saw Kung Fu Pandas running around, thats it for me. 

Time to grab a lightsaber.  Or a blaster. 

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Whats with all the rage. Its a cool race. Also there is the Panda brewmaster from WC3 which is before Kung fu Panda. The timing of Kung fu panda and the release of this race just makes it more appropriate and not less. People will think this is a cute/cool race. Let them have fun with it.

Why are people who play WoW against this 'cute' addition when there are gnomes among other examples of cute things in WoW.

People like to complain, but how are we suppose to take anyone seriously if people complain so impulsively and also do it against the already extrablished style of the game as if they dont understand what they are playing in the first place.

My next question is how do devs take feedback from people seriously. They should just read some of the mmo forums and realize that peoples opinions are quite harsh and they do it becuase it has become a sport. I doubt that people who play WoW actually hate the addition of the Panda race.

Pandas are cool. Dont hate, appreciate.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

most players dun come to forum, so all the non current players QQ won't affect anything

RIP Orc Choppa

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

Kung Fu Panda's.

Let me repeat..

KUNG FU PANDA'S!!!!!

U really are 41 years old? 

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by mysticalspam

Originally posted by Praetalus

Originally posted by precious328

Did they just hire Jack Black or something?

Kung Fu Panda? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I used to play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was a kid. The characters were fantastic, e.g., Leonardo, Don, Mike, Raph, Shredder, Krang, Slash, Splinter, etc....

HOWEVER,

When they started to get cute with stupid characters like, "Pizza Throwing Raph" and "Rappin' Mike", I thought that was even too gay for a 12 year old.

Moreover, the Monk is probably the dumbest class of all time.

This is WoW.

I swear you guys crack me up.. Pandas!! how could they:

Arrakoa = bird people

Centaur= horse people

Furblogs = bear people

Gnolls = hyena people

Kobolds = rat people

Magnataur = mammoth people

Murlocs = fish people

Naga = fish/snake people

Qiraji/Nerubian = bug people

Quillboar = boar people

Taunka = buffalo people

Tauren = cow people

Tol'vir = cat people

Tuskarr = walrus people

Wildkin/Moonkin = owl people

Wolvar = wolverine people

Worgen = wolf people

I don't see a problem.

well lets see you can't play a arrkoa... you cant play a centaur... you cant play furbogs... etc why now all a sudden you can play a race that never existred in the game b4........ thats the problem..

disney kungfu panda people should sue em or something... 

This is why people should do some research before open their mouth. Panda race has existed for long time in WOW universe. It is not something Blizzard invented just last week. 

• bestiacorpusbestiacorpus Member Posts: 114

I know Blizz owes the Chinese for being one of their biggest subscribers but I really believe Blizz completely missed the fan base request of having the Pandaren as a playable race.  Their fans wanted the Pandarens as a playable race and PART OF A REAL STORYLINE EXPANSION!!!!

NOT A FULL F-IN EXPANSION!!!! W T F!!!!  

/worldwidefacepalm

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by bestiacorpus

I know Blizz owes the Chinese for being one of their biggest subscribers but I really believe Blizz completely missed the fan base request of having the Pandaren as a playable race.  Their fans wanted the Pandarens as a playable race and PART OF A REAL STORYLINE EXPANSION!!!!

/worldwidefacepalm

And how do you know for sure Pandarian won't be part of the real storyline?

Originally posted by bestiacorpus

/worldwidefacepalm

relax dude, there's still more news to be announce later

RIP Orc Choppa

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Haha, Kungfu pandas and turnbased pokemon battles and its not april 1st. This is like having Ewoks as playable race in SWTOR :p

Too much cutesy and disney approved evil factions for me to ever like this game anymore. But Ill guess itll be popular. There are enough furry lovers.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

My perspective is that the panda addition as of in itself is not horrendous, but I would have preferred other choices. Pandas are too cute, and have the reputation of being harmless and passive. Though there are cute elements to all of the races, except for perhaps the undead, there is also something threatening about all of them. It is after all, a world torn by war between two factions.... I would have preferred ogres for example. They are both threatening and sort of funny/cute.

The Monk sounds like an interesting class, but it's a hybrid and hybrids in WoW are so powerful. I will take a wait-and-see approach on that one.

I feel ambivalent towards pet battles. I just hope that there is an option for people to decline any pet battles they don't want to take part in, otherwise it's just another feature that can become a way to grief someone.

The thing that really has my goat are the changes that have been announced to the classes. They are dumbing them down even further. Already, I didn't like the changes in Cata, but this goes a step further. Since to me a game like WoW is all about character progression, the classes have to be good. Completely streamlining them to the point that they have no flavor at all ruins the game for me. Hunters not having an option to use melee weapons? Why on earth are they affecting that change? Shamans no longer having buff totems? Again why this change?

The best iteration of the classes was in Vanilla/TBC when there was just enough complexity and roleplay elements that made character classes immersive and fun to develope. Cata ruined it for me and it sounds like this expansion is just going to make it worse.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• blood87blood87 Member Posts: 32

I love the pandas and was thinking of resubbing when this expansion comes out, but then i saw.. monk? i want a Brewmaster not recycled class like the monk, didnt even like that class in EQ

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

Originally posted by SBFord

Blizzcon 2011 has kicked off in a big way with the announcement of the new World of Warcraft expansion. Here's what we know:

• Name: Mists of Pandaria

• Race: New playable Pandaren race

• Class: Monk

Absolutely Hilarious! The kiddies actually get to play Carebears!