Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

next WoW expansion... Mists of Pandaria...

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I have no issue with anything i saw. There are some people that will hate on anything. I think having more choice in a themepark mmo in how u progress is a good thing.

That said im looking forward to the monhk class and to the new talent trees. The remake of the trees didnt help at all and an utter overhaul was needed badly.

After cata having diffrent difficulty levels for raids and dungeons will be a good thing as it can cater to hardcore who want more of a challenge and casuals who want things they can run when they have time.

The fact that doing dailies will help u get loot will be cool. I think having a system that rewards people that do dailies and run dungeons a good thing. 

Hey and ive always wanted to play a panda in a game and by letting u choose your side u can choose to make a pandaran that  can play on whatever side u want. Thats good because then u dont get people goinjg blizzard favors horde given them blood elves and we get stupid drenie or blizzard favors ally given them worgen and all we get are stupid goblins.

• jmoreejmoree Member Posts: 30

I'm going to hold off on this one and just wait for the next xpan "Rise of the Rabbits".

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

maybe a real reason to get back in the game after i spend 50 hours in cata to do the pve and leave, ill come back and do the pve and see what new and I like chinesse stuff and the revemp of talent might help and the monk classes ive hated when DK was introduce in the game , but monk that a real new interesting classes.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I didnt lke the dk either couldnt get into playing it. Maybe cause it starts at 55 not level 1. Im not sure im really into the whole hero class i perfer a new class like the monk that starts at level 1 to a hero class.

I cant wait to see the scenery based on asian lands. That should be pretty cool. Dont like panda race so what i think its kinda cool. Why must every race be a feirce or dangerous race. Why cant some be whimsical and charming.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by PukeBucket

I mean I can get why people think it's silly; but I mean saying TOR is more realistic? A Star Wars game?

A tab target MMO with an "active cover" element at that?

Paper thin.

Realism isn't really the problem here, it is not like the rest of Wow is realistic or anything either.

But making "WOW: Kung fu panda" seems rather unwise to me anyways. Not that Wow is one of the games focusing on the older MMO players, but this seems like a step to the kids to me.

People have talked about this a while but I was sure it was a joke, I am in fact not 100% sure still that Blizzard ain't pulling our legs here...

The whole idea of playing Ranma 1/2 doesn't seem tempting at all to me. I thought the village of Kung fu pandas in EQ2 was preposterous enough and it was just a small part of an expansion with no possibility to play a panda yourself.

No, I can't see how this is supposed to bring the Wow players that quitted back, whatever Morhaime think. They need to do better than this to keep a game 7 years old the king of MMOs, competition or no competition. I think Kaplans absence have hurt the game badly, he is brilliant unlike the current lead designer.

But yes, I don't either think of TOR as a big threat to Wow. Biowares main group of players will come from the millions of Bioware fans, not Wow playerbase. If I was Blizzard I would fear GW2 more, after all were both Wows and GW2s basic made by the same guy: Strain. GW2 and Wow are both fantasy games and fantasy MMO players have so far mostly stayed playing those games, getting them to play Sci-fi wont be easy.

Not that I think TOR wont get enough players between Bioware and Star wars fans, but I don't think it in itself is a big threat to Blizzard.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Someone at Blizzard really, REALLY liked Kung Fu Panda....

I just can't get into this game anymore. love the art, environments, but Pandas? Seriously?? They just did another Happy Feet Movie, is the next ex-pack gonna have Penguins?

With all of this said...I am super curious to know exactly what 'Titan' will be.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I mean I can get why people think it's silly; but I mean saying TOR is more realistic? A Star Wars game?

Paper thin.

I can't take anyone serious who within the same post praises one yet tries to put down the other, actually more than that I can't take anyone seriously who has that in their post history, it's as ironic as you can get.

Neither is about being realistic or anything of the sort, they're both about creating an experience based on their respective lore. It's one thing to prefer one or the other, as an example WOW has never been my thing, but I do enjoy what I've experienced of TOR, I'd never put WOW down as being a bad game, like many I've come to realize (today) who enjoy WOW and will defend it, have been doing to TOR for sometime.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I'm finding it hilarious and sad at the same time that Blizzard have decided on this expansion pack . Its so obvious that this is going to be a disaster its a bit like watching two bus crash into a wall in slow motion with people on board screaming out how great the bus is and how brilliant the wall will be when they crash into it . I can see no redeaming aspects to this expansion what so ever .

You can try and try again to get around it by talking about other aspect of the expansion but will all come down to the focus on Pandas and Pokemon .Unless this is a red herring hiding something else they are secretly working on then this expansion is obviously a fatal mistake for them .

They really needed to something gripping to keep people playing in the face of the blockbuster that StarWars looks like it will be and if anyones seriously thinks Pandas will cut it then they are seriously deluded .

Blizzard just signed WoWs death warrent and I always thought it would be a long slow death over decades . Now I think its going to be fast and shocking .

This expansion shows how fat and lazy Blizzard have become and how badly led they are at the top .

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by jmoree

I'm going to hold off on this one and just wait for the next xpan "Rise of the Rabbits".

It wouldn't surprise me.  And maybe Elmer Fudd would be a raid boss too. 

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

IMO adding Pokemon err...i mean "pet battle" system is amazing move on blizzards part. After reading the IGN preview it works exactly like pokemon. You can hunt for new "pets" all over the world, capture it, level it and then fight it. Blizz is going to pull so many more casual to this game, that it's crazy. Old players can still do new raids, BGs and the new world PvP, while newer casual players will dig the hell out that new pokemon err...."pet battle" system.

Blizz currently loves its casual players as they make them money. And its great because casuals make up for about 90% of the MMO crowd, Blizz is a business and i like their "We love our casuals, while the 100 of you hardcore players can go play other games, bye bye!" At the end of the day they are making loads of cash, the company is going strong and while millions of people are enjoying the content they are getting.

Pokemon err....I mean "pet battle" system coverage here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210407p1.html

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• lostkosslostkoss Member Posts: 149

I am honestly laughing out loud at how stupid all of this is.

Blizzard has not just jumped the shark, but they are wearing the Fonzie jacket too.

It is so obvious they are just pandering to Asian kids now , the US market has no importance.

***Eeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee***

Have a sense of humor, no need to get ALL MODDY ! :) A Simpson's quote shouldn't be worth a warning. You are lucky anyone is bothering to read this rag.

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

Originally posted by lostkoss

I am honestly laughing out loud at how stupid all of this is.

Blizzard has not just jumped the shark, but they are wearing the Fonzie jacket too.

It is so obvious they are just pandering to Asian kids now , the US market has no importance.

***Eeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee***

Asian market make them tons of money. Nothing wrong with that.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

OMG PANDAS I AM WAY TO COOL TO PLAY WITH PANDAS BLIZZ IS SO DUMB!!!

Get a grip EVERYONE loves pandas how can you not?

C

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Watching these "trailers" just makes me appreciate how much effort Age of conan put into khitai. Lets face it, they did it much better.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by Loke666

Paper thin.

Realism isn't really the problem here, it is not like the rest of Wow is realistic or anything either.

But making "WOW: Kung fu panda" seems rather unwise to me anyways. Not that Wow is one of the games focusing on the older MMO players, but this seems like a step to the kids to me.

People have talked about this a while but I was sure it was a joke, I am in fact not 100% sure still that Blizzard ain't pulling our legs here...

The whole idea of playing Ranma 1/2 doesn't seem tempting at all to me. I thought the village of Kung fu pandas in EQ2 was preposterous enough and it was just a small part of an expansion with no possibility to play a panda yourself.

No, I can't see how this is supposed to bring the Wow players that quitted back, whatever Morhaime think. They need to do better than this to keep a game 7 years old the king of MMOs, competition or no competition. I think Kaplans absence have hurt the game badly, he is brilliant unlike the current lead designer.

But yes, I don't either think of TOR as a big threat to Wow. Biowares main group of players will come from the millions of Bioware fans, not Wow playerbase. If I was Blizzard I would fear GW2 more, after all were both Wows and GW2s basic made by the same guy: Strain. GW2 and Wow are both fantasy games and fantasy MMO players have so far mostly stayed playing those games, getting them to play Sci-fi wont be easy.

Not that I think TOR wont get enough players between Bioware and Star wars fans, but I don't think it in itself is a big threat to Blizzard.

Yeah, how dare Warcraft add something legitly from Warcraft 3 into the game.

Big mistake.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by mrshroom89

I think the problem is not the Panda per se, but PANDAS ALL OVER AZEROTH !

Imagine, the lich king being owned by a cute fatty panda LoL

A big brave Panda  Warlock (dunno if its possible) kicking Illidan's ass.

Its silly at least.  I love pandas as i love animals in general. But not in games, really. 

Imagine your EPIC Raid having a Panda as Leader  totally out of  tune.  I'm just glad i dont play WoW, i'd get pretty angry if i new my favorite game would get pandas as new race and a expansion called Mists of Pandaria.

But thats me.... you can like it anyway, kids will enjoy it also.  But i dunno, it just does not sound right. 

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Originally posted by expresso

Originally posted by ghettobooste

WOTLK - 51 talent points...

Mists of Pandaria - 6 talent points...

what the hell??

You forgot to mention it's a whole different talent system now so comparing wotlk (you're already 1 expansion behind btw) and MoP is stupid.  Please look more closely into the new talent system in MoP, think about some of the examples that blizzard have posted compare them to a recent play through of cata, then come pack and make a sensible, educated and informative opinion on the topic.

If you've not played WoW since wotlk then don't bother because your opinon will be based on outdated and likey wrong information.

I played Cata too, where they also revamped the talents to fewer points...

But cmon man. There is only 6 talent points you get from 1-90. That doesn't seem lame to you? Looks like a NGE to me.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Originally posted by Requiem6

Originally posted by ghettobooste

WOTLK - 51 talent points...

Mists of Pandaria - 6 talent points...

what the hell??

You're going to have more than 6 talent points...

But you don't care anyway, you just want to bash and sound like someone that is mad for no reason x)

From what I saw on Blizzcon it looked like there was only 6. Is there more? Someone eles confirm this for me.

I'm not trying to bash the game, I think the whole Panda Monk thing is cool. I just thought the talent revamp was lame.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by kuhronusu

Its silly at least.  I love pandas as i love aninals in general. But not in games, really. 

Imagine your EPIC Raid having a Panda as Leader  totally out of  tune.  I'm just glad i dont play WoW, i'd get pretty angry if i new my favorite game would get pandas as new race and a expansion called Mists of Pandaria.

But thats me.... you can like it anyway, kids will enjoy it also.  But i dunno, it just does not sound right. 

Good points, i guess i can see that from some peoples perspective especially some RPers.  As somone who currently plays wow (cus lets face it theres nothing better out there and MCing people off bridges never gets old.)  ill tell you that i dont take anything in that game seriously. Even the lich king himself kinda looks like one of those pandas dressed up in armor now that i think of it.  The game is cutesy (is that a word?) as is and the pandas will blend in just fine with the rest of the rediculous character models.

Pretty much play the game for laughs in arena and bgs and the pandas being added is going to make everything that much more hilarious.

C

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

the first time I saw the trailer, I thought ¨this must be a joke¨, but i was wrong,  is real. Pandas?? lol, even when they had pandas in W3, Pandas?? and even worse a, Kun-fu Panda??, wtf blizz? i guess they just want to make a game for kids or something like that, i just cant imagine the mature populataion playing a MMO full of ¨Kun-fu Pandas¨.  IT looks like they want  the people playing swtor and not wow. I mean if the people have to choose between and Trooper with a minigun, explosives and grenades or a Kunfu Panda, what do you think they will choose?, at least ur a kid or a fan of the disney Movie, then the answer will be ¨a panda. 

• patsfan32patsfan32 Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by hikaru77

the first time I saw the trailer, I thought ¨this must be a joke¨, but i was wrong,  is real. Pandas?? lol, even when they had pandas in W3, Pandas?? and even worse a, Kun-fu Panda??, wtf blizz? i guess they just want to make a game for kids or something like that, i just cant imagine the mature populataion playing a MMO full of ¨Kun-fu Pandas¨.  IT looks like they want  the people playing swtor and not wow. I mean if the people have to choose between and Trooper with a minigun, explosives and grenades or a Kunfu Panda, what do you think they will choose?, at least ur a kid or a fan of the disney Movie, then the answer will be ¨a panda. 

well i mean the "mature" wow population hasnt had any trouble playing gnomes, dwarves or any other goofy thing thats made its way in to wow... True fans of blizz and WC knew Pandaren were just a matter of time.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by kuhronusu

Its silly at least.  I love pandas as i love animals in general. But not in games, really. 

And its different from having a cowman lead your raid how?

And you would absolutely want a Pandaren at the front of your raid, they will most likely be Azeroth's top strategists

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179

The people who are upset about the introduction of the Pandaren are people who know nothing about Warcraft, and haven't played Warcraft 3.

The uproar about the Pandaren is such a joke.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

pandaren

They've been represented seriously for awhile in Warcraft games.

I still don't get people's hang ups. It's like they'll look for anything to complain about.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

SWTOR is more wow than wow now