Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

next WoW expansion... Mists of Pandaria...

Comments

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047
    Just one question to all those still playing after the anouncement of this expansion .

WHY ?????????
  • generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by kostoslav

They will add much non-raid content, like a pet battle system and DOTA-like bg. All this sounds good to me. I cant understand why pandarens bother ppl so much. WoW always had cartoonish and childish look, thats what I loved about it. (Look at gnomes for example. ) There are more then planty games out there with cool demons, beasts and Gungans for more "mature" ppl.

Well off course. But look at other elements, orcs, undeads and death knights. WoW also had some darker stuff to play as, i myself used to be a DK because i loved their dark lore and spells. How could someone like me not lol at pandarens.

Now when it comes to gnomes, well, i still pitty the fact i couldn't litterally punt them but they were funny-silly, their crazy engineering and arrogance combined with their size made them somewhat comical. But panda's, i lol at them because i made the right move to quit wow  many months ago. They ain't funny, they simply don't fit in at all. Now off course if you like them so be it, it's your fun and i don't think anyone can dictate what someone else should enjoy. But that won't prevent me from saying how silly they are ;)

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

World Bosses! damn:O

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

the racial abilitys also made me lol ..increased rested xp to 2x and also a 3 sec stun and added stats from eating food...guess we will see another million rogues runing around ...just what wow was needing...a more tankable rogue

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Note- I'm not defending the expac or WoW itself. I'm more defending the Lore and the fact that Pandaren have been in the lore since warcraft 3. They aren't just "Adding pandas for the luls". They did that years ago. Now they are just adding in another playable race from the lore they have.

It's not some attempt to be cute or whatever you have. Well maybe it is, but they didn't just up and sprout the idea of adding pandas to warcraft. They have been here longer than WoW has been here.

/lorefanboi off

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

WOTLK - 51 talent points...

Mists of Pandaria - 6 talent points...

what the hell??

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by ghettobooste

what the hell??

More talents means more choices. More choices means more thinking, I guess after all the whining during cata  "this is too hard" made them realize most of their players don't want to think.

Personally it all makes sense in my opinion, panda's , pokemon, less talents....

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

what the hell??

You forgot to mention it's a whole different talent system now so comparing wotlk (you're already 1 expansion behind btw) and MoP is stupid.  Please look more closely into the new talent system in MoP, think about some of the examples that blizzard have posted compare them to a recent play through of cata, then come pack and make a sensible, educated and informative opinion on the topic.

If you've not played WoW since wotlk then don't bother because your opinon will be based on outdated and likey wrong information.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

what the hell??

They took out trees too. You pick between 3 talents for each talent level up. From what I read anyways.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Looks AMAZING exceeds expectations by leaps and bounds.

Blizzard still has it, it being talent skill and dedication to a product that has stood the test of time.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Panda's for both sides... really.. its just screaming "We barely are putting man power into this game anymore, just milking it". The best part is the preview video like makes it seem so epic what was before then suddenly it just makes you realize how lame the latest thing is. I'm sorry, this just seems like such a blatent attempt to kill their own game its not even funny. It can't be trying to be serious with itself... it can't.

So many screw ups so many... just wow...

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

Problem i have with the game is that PvP is a CC fest. Now with another race with stuns, you better roll a pally FTW lol

• mmoandrpgmmoandrpg Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 15
  • Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

Originally posted by Purutzil

Panda's for both sides... really.. its just screaming "We barely are putting man power into this game anymore, just milking it". The best part is the preview video like makes it seem so epic what was before then suddenly it just makes you realize how lame the latest thing is. I'm sorry, this just seems like such a blatent attempt to kill their own game its not even funny. It can't be trying to be serious with itself... it can't.

So many screw ups so many... just wow...

Are you trolling ?

Because they introduced something NEW, a NEUTRAL race. They "barely are putting man power into this game" ? Do you take the time to think ?

Mist of Pandaria add ALOT to the g ame.

And if you don't like Panda, you don't have to play one.

Stop screwing up yourself.

what the hell??

You're going to have more than 6 talent points...

But you don't care anyway, you just want to bash and sound like someone that is mad for no reason x)

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Pardarin DeathKnight... That's going to be great!

You won't be able to be a Pandaren Deathknight....

Continu working on your "game", and leave the real game alone please.

Get informed before posting too.

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

The next expansion will bring even more players to WoW imo. I think MMO competition is just getting hotter and hotter. SWTOR, GW2, WoW:MoP, TSW. The market is going to get tough thats for certain. But at the end of the day I think WoW will still hold the number one spot. I hardly use this board as a tool to measure sucess, since this board is filled with WoW hate while WoW is still holding 10 mil active subs. 

Blizzard is huge in Asia. 60-65% of its subs are from eastern markets (Korea, China, Taiwan mostly, WoW is not popular in Japan i know that for a fact).

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

I think it's just devious!

When everyone is expecting some spastic reaction from Blizzard to counter SWOTOR and GW2, they decide to give everyone something cute, and fuck you if you don't like it.

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by BribarianI

lol the trailer looked like one for the next kung fu panda movie.   What a joke.

At least we can see who all the fanbois are now coming out to try and make this look good.

i haven't played WoW in almost a year, and since BC i have rarely played for long binges.

the xpac sounds decent, the panda being the least exciting feature for me, however, that does not stop me from acknowledging that the Panda hero existed in WC3, which predates both WoW and 'Kung Fu Panda'.

not to mention, the WC fanbase has been asking for Pandas in WoW for years, so it is natural for a fanboi to praise finally getting what they asked for.

why you such a hater? did WoW murder your family?

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

How much do you want to bet, somewhere in the expansion... Jack Black will do voiceovers for something.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by SonofSeth

I think it's just devious!

When everyone is expecting some spastic reaction from Blizzard to counter SWOTOR and GW2, they decide to give everyone something cute, and fuck you if you don't like it.

I wonder what their cries will sound like when WoW continues to dominate?

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• grouchomarxgrouchomarx Member Posts: 19

I was really "underwhelmed" by that trailer.  No central evil figure to fight against?  I do like the footage of the new areas, but that's about it.  I laughed interally when I saw the slide on Cataclysm talents Pros Vs. Cons.  They have like 3 Pros Vs 7 Cons. I think WoW has gone through a paradigm shift where they are trying to focus on the younger crowd.

Likely not to whip out the wallet for this expansion and I didn't for the last one, so I guess that's it?

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

I mean I can get why people think it's silly; but I mean saying TOR is more realistic? A Star Wars game?

A tab target MMO with an "active cover" element at that?

Paper thin.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

It just is very silly... it paints a picture of 'oh how epic the other expansions were' then suddenly going "HA! No more, have fun! Casual style exploring!" It has no real sense of danger or suspense to it. Add in that its a race for both alliance and horde (incoming confusion in pvp) and that its going for a new 'class' rather then going for the hero class they were talking about before. It really sounds so hastily tossed together. I don't mind the archetecture at all, its just  how its being tossed in. The zones seem so similiar from what was previewed, it just feels like bleh.

I know maybe I'm looking into it to much, but in other expansions, it helped to build a sense of danger and suspense, a sense that you needed to take on a new threat. This one makes it feel like its casual friday and everyone can wear what they like to work. The talent change just seems to make the game seem even more dumbed down then before and really helps to make leveling that much more trudging, having a lot less to 'earn' while your gaining levels to max. Just to me it seems there are so many negative design choices that its making me cringe.

Thankfully I quit wow long ago, so I really don't have to worry about it. Just feels like blizzard wants wow to die so they can feel justified in getting their under wraps MMO out in the open to take over.

Oh and to be clear, I think Pandaren are cool, incase you think that is where my words stem from. :)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Pandaren characters can be hunters, mages, monks, priests, rogues, shaman, and warriors.

He's right.  No Pandaren DK, nor druid for that matter.  *sigh*   Oh well.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.