Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Expansion Named, New Class & Race Included

Comments

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

now we're playing pokimon with our vanity pets????  OK.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Sadly Warcraft is lost on many people, they don't seem to realise warcraft is not meant to be taken too seriously, all these people LOL'ing about Panda's just don't get Warcraft and Warcraft is better for it IMHO.

Sure ragging on WoW makes them feel grown up and mature (they're not) but I say let them go play their super serious un-canny valley games with their stiff character animations, emotionless faces and grey/brown colour palette, I'll stick to playing something that knows it's a game.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Haha! I cant believe I ever gave blizzard money for this game. Walking teddy bears...
  • PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by Mardukk

Haha! I cant believe I ever gave blizzard money for this game. Walking teddy bears...

Yeah but you gave them cash for talking cows and elves that dance like MJ.

They're the fools here. 

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Can't say I'm suprised.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• MmorpgeriusMmorpgerius Member UncommonPosts: 56

Not really more absurd than motorbikes and mohawk grenades...

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

PVE scenarios. Wonder what game they cloned that from ?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

NA subs declining--let's put the nail in that coffin and go for the Chinese dollars.

Makes marketing sense, I guess.  Still a shame.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by eyelolled

so will there be alliance pandas and horde pandas? 

/undeadpandasadface

Can not wait for those panda death knights!

• UruktosUruktos Member Posts: 153

*Sees the announcement*

Hahahaha

Wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This sums up my reaction. Holy shit dude.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

I haven't played WoW in years and have no intention of starting to play again, but to all the people who find this completely ridiculous:

First of all, Pandarens were in Warcraft III.  Yes, originally it was an April Fools joke, but they weren't made up for WoW.  Also, the Warcraft franchise has never been a franchise that took itself too seriously.  This franchise has units that quote Monty Python, Murlocs, Two-headed farting Ogres, and dancing Night Elves.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by Kalfer

3) WoW has always been rated PG12... Ain't that also what SWTOR and GW2 is going to be rated as? The most childish thing here is the smell of all these insecure people. 

Wake the hell up - It's a silly computer game. they do it for the lulz. World of Warcraft is a game with cow men paladins on motorcycles. the joke is on you for crying all "buuhhh they ruined the game

Just because somethings rated PG12 it doesn't mean it has to souly attract 12 year olds you know . I think Blizzard seam to have forgotten that .

I don't think anyones crying about it I think we all find it increadibly funny especially after so many WoW fans defending Blizzard saying they wern't aiming the game at increasingly a younger demographic . This expansion certainly is .

To a certain extent all games are aimed at children and cater to an immature element in us all but theres a point when a game will be viewed as pretty much a childs game . That points normally when you get cutsey playable animals in it .

I tell you what take away the WoW logo and show the promotional picture to say 100 adult I guarantee the vast majority of them if not all of them would think its a game for a very young child .

Pandas have that effect . Worgen dont as they resemble werewolves and Taurens dont as they resemble Minotaurs .

I know a few people already that have cancelled thier sub today to WoW its a step too far for them .

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

Is this a joke?

I'm surprised and shocked to see Panda bears as the new playable race.. I'd rather see the ottermen than them..

As for Monks being the new playable class, I actually guessed that on youtube, lol.. My first guess was Monks followed by Bards, followed by Demon Hunter.. 

Honestly though, I like the Monk Idea, but really hate Panda's as a playable race.. It just screams Asian Market!

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by expresso

Sadly Warcraft is lost on many people, they don't seem to realise warcraft is not meant to be taken too seriously, all these people LOL'ing about Panda's just don't get Warcraft and Warcraft is better for it IMHO.

Sure ragging on WoW makes them feel grown up and mature (they're not) but I say let them go play their super serious un-canny valley games with their stiff character animations, emotionless faces and grey/brown colour palette, I'll stick to playing something that knows it's a game.

Agree,all those "serious" mmos launched lately didn't do too well ,probably because lot of people want something fun and colorful in their games not  dark and bland worlds.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Praetalus

Originally posted by precious328

Did they just hire Jack Black or something?

Kung Fu Panda? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I used to play with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was a kid. The characters were fantastic, e.g., Leonardo, Don, Mike, Raph, Shredder, Krang, Slash, Splinter, etc....

HOWEVER,

When they started to get cute with stupid characters like, "Pizza Throwing Raph" and "Rappin' Mike", I thought that was even too gay for a 12 year old.

Moreover, the Monk is probably the dumbest class of all time.

This is WoW.

I swear you guys crack me up.. Pandas!! how could they:

Arrakoa = bird people

Centaur= horse people

Furblogs = bear people

Gnolls = hyena people

Kobolds = rat people

Magnataur = mammoth people

Murlocs = fish people

Naga = fish/snake people

Qiraji/Nerubian = bug people

Quillboar = boar people

Taunka = buffalo people

Tauren = cow people

Tol'vir = cat people

Tuskarr = walrus people

Wildkin/Moonkin = owl people

Wolvar = wolverine people

Worgen = wolf people

I don't see a problem.

Oh yeah, COMPLETELY THE SAME as panda people.

Well, apart from the fact that a large number of those things are from ancient myths and legends and the ideas behind them are thousands of years old (i.e. werewolves, minotaurs, centaurs, mermaids, etc. etc.) and panda people are a silly marketing gimmick with no real lore or reason behind them.

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

cross-faction? choose Horde/Alliance? can it get more awesome than that?

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

Hmm, I'm looking at all these "talent" tiers, and I can't see where it'll remove cookie cutter specs. It'll definitely do a great job of mixing up PvP so you aren't always running into the same exact thing, but PvE specs will pretty much all be the same, and I can even see a lot of the PvP specs being the same.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by grawss

Hmm, I'm looking at all these "talent" tiers, and I can't see where it'll remove cookie cutter specs. It'll definitely do a great job of mixing up PvP so you aren't always running into the same exact thing, but PvE specs will pretty much all be the same, and I can even see a lot of the PvP specs being the same.

I can see it largley removing cookie cutter for PvE but also PvP, take the warrior level 15 choice;

• 1. reduce charge cooldown 20>12 sec

• 2. charge twice before cool down

• 3. charge + 5 sec root

3 is probably the best for PvP if you realy wanna bash that target , 2 is also quite good for PvP if your main target is too far way then just spring off a closer target, 1. Speaks for it's self in PvP.

I'd say the choice is harder but all lend themselves to PvP.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

I didn't think it was possible to dumb down WoW more than it already is. But they managed to pull it off. 6 talent points... that's all you get. WTF

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

I don't know.. I wish I had more pandas in other mmos. Less cartoon looking , but being a panda would be just as cool as being a Wookie.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

So are the Pandarens going to be a neutral faction? Otherwise, one side will have more toon choices than the other, and having them be options on Alliance and Horde would be pretty low.

Heck, this may be a good news, if a squad of monk bears start kicking Alliance and Horde toon's butts :) Probably not though...

Edit: Cross faction, choose Horde/Alliance at level 10. freaking lame.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Orious

I don't know.. I wish I had more pandas in other mmos. Less cartoon looking , but being a panda would be just as cool as being a Wookie.

or a ja-wa =)

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

It's not Panda -- it's "DRAGON WARRIOR". lol

Ready for GW2!!!
  • OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by odinsrath

Originally posted by Orious

or a ja-wa =)

More like being an Ewok I would say .

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Lol, it is Kung Fu Panda...

• Racial - Epicurean - Increase the stat benefits from food by 100%

• Racial - Gourmand - Cooking skill increased by 15.

• Racial - Inner Peace - Your rested experience bonus lasts twice as long.

• Racial - Bouncy - You take 50% less falling damage.

• Racial - Quaking Palm - You touch a secret pressure point on an enemy target, putting it to sleep for 3 sec.

...the more I read, the more ridiculous it gets...