Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new game, glitch, best one i ever played so far

GeorgeShradeGeorgeShrade Member Posts: 4

http://www.glitch.com

I think the game miht stil be in beta, if it is, post here and i'll send you a beta invite, i have 3

Comments

• virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80

gimme gimme gimme, i'll try it out.

• GeorgeShradeGeorgeShrade Member Posts: 4

ok i need an email address tho, and i only have 3 so get em before there gone

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Looks kind of neat.

Not sure if it's really something that suits my taste, but reading their site, I like their approach and I could see myself warming up to it :P. Is it strictly browser based or is there a standalone game client as well? The idea of extending the game via APIs (I'm assuming that means players extending gameplay) is something I thought was pretty cool from their "About" page. 

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I'm pretty sure it's not in beta any longer... and anyone can sign up here: http://www.glitch.com/join/

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by mklinic

Looks kind of neat.

Not sure if it's really something that suits my taste, but reading their site, I like their approach and I could see myself warming up to it :P. Is it strictly browser based or is there a standalone game client as well? The idea of extending the game via APIs (I'm assuming that means players extending gameplay) is something I thought was pretty cool from their "About" page. 

I think extending via API is more so for 3rd party applications.  Phone apps or maybe desktop applications that allow you to view auctions or whatever.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Originally posted by Kaerigan

I'm pretty sure it's not in beta any longer... and anyone can sign up here: http://www.glitch.com/join/

bah...now I have no reason not to try it.....There goes even more of the free time I don't have :P

For anyone not checking out the site, I thought the wording in the following FAQ was pretty encouraging as it relates to pay-to-win and such:

How much does it cost?

Glitch is free to play. Some game items (like fabulous clothing and accessories for your avatar, and teleportation tokens) are purchasable, but none of these items impact your game play. To be good at Glitch—you actually have to be good at Glitch. Premium accounts are also available by subscription, allowing players access to additional avatar customization as well as monthly stipends of credits, teleportation tokens, and referendum votes.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

bah...now I have no reason not to try it.....There goes even more of the free time I don't have :P

For anyone not checking out the site, I thought the wording in the following FAQ was pretty encouraging as it relates to pay-to-win and such:

How much does it cost?

Glitch is free to play. Some game items (like fabulous clothing and accessories for your avatar, and teleportation tokens) are purchasable, but none of these items impact your game play. To be good at Glitch—you actually have to be good at Glitch. Premium accounts are also available by subscription, allowing players access to additional avatar customization as well as monthly stipends of credits, teleportation tokens, and referendum votes.

Yeah, basically every feature in the game besides looks is free which I love.  They could have easily charged some sort of fee for housing or more andvanced skills but they did not and I like that.  It seems to work as well since many people I see are wearing cash shop clothes.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

A really odd cool game. I never though I would have to massage a butterfly before I milked it. Don't forget the massage oil...very odd indeed.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I'm impressed by it, but at the same time, its difficult for me to get into a 2D sidescroller.  Even if the graphics were just as simple and cartoonish, it'd feel like so much more, if it were in any sort of 3D format.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

Originally posted by GreenHell

A really odd cool game. I never though I would have to massage a butterfly before I milked it. Don't forget the massage oil...very odd indeed.

By kinmanship V you dont need the oil your good enough now oil just not necessary by kinmanship VI  you just take the milk its brutal.

Originally posted by marinrider

How much does it cost?

Yeah, basically every feature in the game besides looks is free which I love.  They could have easily charged some sort of fee for housing or more andvanced skills but they did not and I like that.  It seems to work as well since many people I see are wearing cash shop clothes.

Well not sure sicne you get a free month of premium. You get access to the clothes etc but after the free month is up any clothing that is subscriber and free (meaning you used no credits) gets taken away futher more when you go to change your clothes youll be forced to adopt a free features face to change clothes. that being said of you bought it its yours period premium or not. You dont have to change the face if you dont want to change clothes youll just be locked to the look.

None of this is particularly painful or game breakiing since you can get a decent look with free clothes and vanity options.

• ronnabronnab Member UncommonPosts: 29

I've been having more fun than I expected over the last few weeks.  I'm starting to lose interest now around level 15 - but will definitely look into the game again when it moves out of beta. 

One thing not to overlook - the sense of humor in this game.  It's pretty funny at times.  I also like how you can do things like change training or auction without actually enteringinto the game. 

Originally posted by ronnab

I've been having more fun than I expected over the last few weeks.  I'm starting to lose interest now around level 15 - but will definitely look into the game again when it moves out of beta. 

One thing not to overlook - the sense of humor in this game.  It's pretty funny at times.  I also like how you can do things like change training or auction without actually enteringinto the game. 

Thats about where I'm losing intrest.  I just trained Better Learning V and am working on Mining IV, so I'll go back when thats done.

But it is out of beta already.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

i just saw the trailer...and read a couple of post above this one about milking buttlerflies....

seriously pass whatever you're smokin... or whatever the devs and concept artists were on in the time of conception....

• DrSpankyDrSpanky Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

i just saw the trailer...and read a couple of post above this one about milking buttlerflies....

seriously pass whatever you're smokin... or whatever the devs and concept artists were on in the time of conception....

hehe, exactly what I thought after watching the trailer.

But I've heard it is unique and fun and all that. Just might be a little too out there for my tastes.

It's a proven historical fact that beer saved humankind.

• VorpalCheeseVorpalCheese Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by DrSpanky

But I've heard it is unique and fun and all that. Just might be a little too out there for my tastes.

Don't worry, after a while and when you think about it, it all starts making sense.  Okay, maybe you should be worried. :p

Think of it this way.  You massage a butterfly with lotion to milk it.  You take the milk and shake it...and it becomes butter.  Butter.  Fly.  Butterfly.  That's Glitchian logic right there. :p

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

Originally posted by VorpalCheese

Originally posted by DrSpanky

Don't worry, after a while and when you think about it, it all starts making sense.  Okay, maybe you should be worried. :p

Think of it this way.  You massage a butterfly with lotion to milk it.  You take the milk and shake it...and it becomes butter.  Butter.  Fly.  Butterfly.  That's Glitchian logic right there. :p

Then you make the butter into cheese its really simple. Only disturbing part is when the pigs eat their own meat.

Originally posted by ronnab

The devs realize this so they are discussing what the next content update will be that being said their are hundreds of achievements hidden areas and other things to do. Some of us quite frankly just want to get rich early on.:)