Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Somebody explain trials to me??

AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Used to play this game a lot in the past, and came back for the F2P version.  Made a new character and got invited to a "sewer trial" and proceeded to gain a ridiculous amount of levels.

I looked it up on the wiki, and it said the level requirement for the sewer trials was level 38-40. So how come everyone is able to do it at level 1 and power level off of it?

Comments

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

First, welcome back.

Second, there's a bit of naming confusion going on.  "The Sewer Trial" has historically referred to the Abandoned Sewer Network Trial for levels 38-40.  Similiarly, "sewer teams" historically referred to level 1-8 teams that just swept through the sewers, typically starting at the Atlas Park Entrance.

Unfortunately, many people not knowing any better have begun referring to the "Death From Below" Trial accessed from the Team up teleporter as "the sewer trial"  -- this is accessible from level 1 and is a bit of an alternate leveling path ideal for those more familiar with the game.  Death from Below is also referred to as DFB. 

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Hey thanks! It's great to be back, this has always been my favorite MMO

Thanks for clarifying too. I remember low level sewer teams back then, though they weren't as extreme as this. I'm a little dissappointed to see DFB and AE missions makes it so easy for everyone to power level. Not that I would do it myself, but it means less grouping oppurtunities throughout certain levels, and that's always been the highlight of the game for me.  I saw someone make a topic about getting from 1-30 in 4 hours through AE. blehh

oh well, I'm glad just to be able to play again.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Asamof

Hey thanks! It's great to be back, this has always been my favorite MMO

Thanks for clarifying too. I remember low level sewer teams back then, though they weren't as extreme as this. I'm a little dissappointed to see DFB and AE missions makes it so easy for everyone to power level. Not that I would do it myself, but it means less grouping oppurtunities throughout certain levels, and that's always been the highlight of the game for me.  I saw someone make a topic about getting from 1-30 in 4 hours through AE. blehh

oh well, I'm glad just to be able to play again.

It's possible, but the real answer is that if you don't want to play like that, don't.

How fast others level has zero impact on your game after all.

There are constant teams in the open world grouping and playing the content, especially now. You just have to get out there and enjoy it :)