Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spiral Knights: Holy Hack'n'Slash! Ripper Zooms to an Alien World

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com's own Ripper X steps into Spiral Knights, a free to play hack and slash MMO for all ages! In his latest overview video for the site, Ripper takes his first baby steps into the alien world of Spiral Knights. Check out Holy Hack'n'Slash! Ripper Zooms to an Alien World then let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Haha, RipperX, Im usaly one that would "defend" youre happy happy feel good style of "reviews"  but jeez , sound was rather bad (due cutoffs and silly ingame music) you sounded like someone who had to do this or someting awfull would happen (to strongly happy happy) and the upload cut off the last seconds of the video, normaly one should check if it uploaded correctly and then make it public.

next time better ;)

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by Eladi
    Haha, RipperX, Im usaly one that would "defend" youre happy happy feel good style of "reviews"  but jeez , sound was rather bad (due cutoffs and silly ingame music) you sounded like someone who had to do this or someting awfull would happen (to strongly happy happy) and the upload cut off the last seconds of the video, normaly one should check if it uploaded correctly and then make it public.next time better ;)

Yeah, I agree. The fact that there was already a character at the rescue camp made it obvious that nothing could have actually been so surprising and exciting. The voice cutoffs were bizarre. It sounded like some of the sentences were patched together. It felt... phony... :(

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Originally posted by Eladi

Haha, RipperX, Im usaly one that would "defend" youre happy happy feel good style of "reviews"  but jeez , sound was rather bad (due cutoffs and silly ingame music) you sounded like someone who had to do this or someting awfull would happen (to strongly happy happy) and the upload cut off the last seconds of the video, normaly one should check if it uploaded correctly and then make it public.

next time better ;)

Yeah, I agree. The fact that there was already a character at the rescue camp made it obvious that nothing could have actually been so surprising and exciting. The voice cutoffs were bizarre. It sounded like some of the sentences were patched together. It felt... phony... :(

Having tried the game myself, the video was obviously edited down, leaving out lots of the inbetween stuff.  I am sure he played and commented during the while time, it was just removed before publishing.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Ripper, you didnt use your fake accent as much in this video! The video is so much more bearable when you dont have that obnoxios fake voice!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Originally posted by marinrider

Ripper, you didnt use your fake accent as much in this video! The video is so much more bearable when you dont have that obnoxios fake voice!

Bah how can you guys cut up Ripper,i think he is entertaining to listen to,he has that sort of game show voice lol.

I have seen a huge push by mmorpg to attain any revenue stream they can get their hands on,so they will NEED a Ripper X to get people to take notice of these sub standard games.

I actually feel Ripper should probably be the highest paid person at MMORPG,i would have turned that video off in the first 3 seconds and only watched it because of Ripper :D.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• james_mksjames_mks Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Wizardry

Bah how can you guys cut up Ripper,i think he is entertaining to listen to,he has that sort of game show voice lol.

I have seen a huge push by mmorpg to attain any revenue stream they can get their hands on,so they will NEED a Ripper X to get people to take notice of these sub standard games.

I actually feel Ripper should probably be the highest paid person at MMORPG,i would have turned that video off in the first 3 seconds and only watched it because of Ripper :D.

Ripper is entertaining and I enjoy all of his videos as well. Spiral Knights looks pretty sweet actually. ;-)

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

To each their own I suppose.  Personally, that voice drives me nuts and doesnt sound game showy at all.  

• james_mksjames_mks Member Posts: 7

To each their own I suppose.  Personally, that voice drives me nuts and doesnt sound game showy at all.  

I guess RipperX is on the Machinima Gaming Network and G4TV because he has a shitty voice as well. Too each their own indeed.  

• geowagsgeowags Member UncommonPosts: 8

This obviously isn't the same guy.  Watch some of the older videos.  RipperX has a deeper voice and a definite British accent.  He is also funnier than this guy.  When he did the LOTR review he said he pooped his pants and his poopy pants is what chased away the Nazgul whom he called Rosie O'Donnell.

The British RipperX has an annoying voice that sounds like he always has to take a dump but he's still great to listen to, this guy sounds more like a used car salesman.

Where ever you go, there you are!