Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: The NDA Goes Alderaan

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As we've said, the NDA has lifted for press members for Star Wars: The Old Republic and excitement permeates the air. A day as grand as this one could not pass by without poignant remarks from our own Coyote. See what Coyote has to say about SWTOR and about NDAs and more in his latest column for MMORPG.com. Leave us your thoughts when you're done!

But online non-disclosure agreements?

They simply cannot exist in an online environment for a number of reasons. False information, bogus accounts, and things like "YouTube" make containing any breaches a nightmare and actually enforcing a consequence on those violations nearly impossible. Things get posted, shared, and spread through the community and the blame for it falls on both parties. It is our fault as the player for not honoring our agreement and the oath that we took, and it is the fault of gaming companies for taking "D@r+hB0n3r" at his word.

Read more Coyote's Howling: The NDA Goes Alderaan.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShallakShallak Member Posts: 8

I cannot argue there, Star Wars fans are f**king psychotic!

I have friends who are like that, and after a long monologue, screaming and painfully trying to explain why Han Solo is using the force when he goes through the asteroids field, I just cant shake the feeling of being "brain washed".

The truth is, I dont "really" care. And if it is so... okay. Now give me my gun so I can destroy somebody. Corpse doesnt use the force. That's good enough for me.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

edited.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by precious328

SWTOR lacks personal feeling.

The game is so linear that's not even funny. Beautiful, yet funneled, zones that are witnessed early on in the lower levels. You will not go back to revisit, conquer via pvp, or quest.

The more I ran around Tattooine the more I missed the idea of planting down a house or finding that perfect location for our guild's hall.

The game is simple: Talk to quest giver, get quest, look at map, and follow arrow.

This is not NDA violating btw. The guys on Massively had a hardcoe Sandbox guy go in and confirm what this OP just said.

Interesting review. I expected more details from actual gameplay.

• barezzbarezz Member UncommonPosts: 147

Personally, I don't see an issue with canon.  The game is set so far away from the time of the movies and in a time that is largely unexplored there really isn't a lot of canon.  The actions of characters now isn't going to have a ton of effect movie characters really.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

edited.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Hilarimous once again.

Thanks for that mister Yote.

<3

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

If the only thing good in here that it is Star Wars then your're in trouble.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

<edit>

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

nice read

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

aaaah, ok.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

... What was the point of this thread?   Did I miss something or did he say the NDA was lifted for reviewer sites and press and the like?    Where was the review? 

Pros: It's star wars

Cons:  It isn't available in certain countries.

Really?  That's it?

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417

Originally posted by gimmesome

... What was the point of this thread?   Did I miss something or did he say the NDA was lifted for reviewer sites and press and the like?    Where was the review? 

Pros: It's star wars

Cons:  It isn't available in certain countries.

Really?  That's it?

Yeah, i kept waiting for him to actually say something about the game...and stll waiting..

A long post about the nda being lifted....really??

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

He writes funny post. You don't read his columns for info you read them for the comedy he delivers for situations. Get to know who the writers are and what roles they play.

imageimage

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I'd like to point out that Star Trek fans are every bit as psychotic, lol.  Great post Coyote!

• NURTANURTA Member Posts: 21

Star Wars fans are in creepy stalker-esque love with the Star Wars Universe, and since a franchise can’t legally issue a restraining order, it is a pure and beautiful thing. Because of that very real, very passionate love, you cannot get a true fan to shut up for even a MINUTE about anything Star Wars related. I mean, look at me – I’m on my SECOND Star Wars article, and I don’t even really LIKE Gene Roddenberry.

I'd just like to say that this is the best joke I've ever read. Good stuff!  This article and comments deliver.  I especially enjoy the people who don't know he's being funny.  Please carry on! It could only be topped if someone doesn't get the above joke and has a hissy fit in these comments.  *here's to hoping!*

• EarendEarend Member Posts: 5

i think star wars is a pretty cool guy.  eh hates coyote and doesn't preview anything.

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267

Oh Man!  I haven't laughed this hard in weeks!  Thanks for making my Day you "flee bitten varmint".  :-D

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Reading all these SWTOR reviews at once has just blown my mind,

I need to be frozen in carbonite then thawed when my early access is ready!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• SouthuhnboiSouthuhnboi Member Posts: 2

I f***king love you, Coyote.  I want to join your anonymous hero on an anonymous RP server where you're hiding from your gankings.  'Cuz we know that the real care-bears are on RP servers, and where else will you be the most safe?

Uh oh, I'll have to hide now, too.

• SquiggieSquiggie Member Posts: 104

"I mean, look at me – I’m on my SECOND Star Wars article, and I don’t even really LIKE Gene Roddenberry."

Awesome!  =)

• DarammerDarammer Member Posts: 4

Gene Roddenberry was Star TREK, not Star WARS... seriously, don't you have an editor to catch this stuff, you bildo?

***edit *dildo... weird typo...

• SquiggieSquiggie Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Darammer

Gene Roddenberry was Star TREK, not Star WARS... seriously, don't you have an editor to catch this stuff, you bildo?

HAHAHAHA....  posts like this make it even more funny!!!

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Darammer

I think i need a drink!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

LOL that guy missed the whole Star Trek point and actually corrected you.

Chamber of Chains
  • notquitenotquite Member Posts: 17

I disagree with the headline for this article! The NDA hasn't gone for everyone,,, perhaps it should read 'The NDA goes Praxis'...?

(Couldn't care less about this game BTW! )