Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a comment

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

is it just me...? or have I never seen anyone win a giveaway that I know......yea yea, i know there are 1300+ users, but still, these guys are the ones that are just surfing, when they come across this site, enter and never come back to the site..

im not complaining, just giving my statementimage

Email me at [email protected]
~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

Comments

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252
    Dude! We've already discuss this in another thread.

• convergeconverge Member Posts: 76
    yeah it doesnt seem very fair at all. in order to win u should have to be active on the forums. im actually kinda mad that none of the active posters got a beta account and i didnt even enter the contest.

• PravusPravus Member Posts: 34

Well I am a sort of newcomer to the site, but do read everyday all the active posts and try to contribute what I can using what knowledge I have of the games I have played. 

Oh and I got in the beta account, thanks for having such a great site MMORPG.com, wish I would have found this site sooner.

Pravus

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

well *sigh* i hope the winners do become active posters then.

of all the thngs......

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

i think thats kind of what the contest are for, to get more users. cuz sice we havent won the contest are we gonna leave the site? hopefully not. they might even purposefully exclude active posters for that reason. if its like that thats ok, more users is good.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by converge
    yeah it doesnt seem very fair at all. in order to win u should have to be active on the forums. im actually kinda mad that none of the active posters got a beta account and i didnt even enter the contest.

It seems perfectly fair.They said it was a random drawing.What is more fair than that?It was not a selection of whom has more time to post more replies/subjects than others,it was not picking out of friendship,or anything else you can come up with.They set the rules before hand so everyone would know them.So I really dont see what the deal is.

Now I am sure when you start running a site and get the chance to run contests such as this,then you can run the contests as you feel is fair.

Take it for what it is worth but I think they did a good job on it,and I look foward to the next one.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

Well I will tell you one thing, I won't be active as I did in the past that is for sure.

I would of love to see someone who tries there hardest on the forums to click a post Like Murt, Gunblade, Satens, Djin, Heden, hercules, Squee, etc...guys who commits to this site to post everyday.

thanks, but hopefully one day i will winimage

might be in a month, might be in 15 years, but i will win one day...(what if i don't win though)image

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    How about a stipulation that you must have at least one post, or have created one thread, but dont tell all the newcomers otherwise they would just join, create some bs thread, and never come back.  Let only those that actualy have a desire to comit to the site win.  Or maybe to win your total active time loged in must be at least an hour a week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

Would my previous post make everyone happy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, or perhaps they must be a member for a month before they can sign up for a contest, that would keep people from just signing up and never coming back.

oo oo ur most curretn description sounds wonderful

tell it to admin..or somehow attract his attention, lol

ADMIN do these ideas soung good to you?  Are you there Admin?image

imageimage

lol...i dont think he can hear you now...