Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2...wow..just wow

1235»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Hoolilol

I really cant understand how can u say that for GW2 ....i have played WoW for 3 years and i cant see any resemblance whatsoever

It's quite simple, the OP's main exposure to fantasy has been WOW (that's my understanding anyway), he notcied a similarity to WOW's art in a GW2 vid.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RuyanRuyan Member Posts: 44

5 pages of dull,  here's my part

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

I cannot believe how this thread has grown. I saw it on another board when it was first posted and I thought to myself this will just die a natural death from no one actually bothering to reply and I come back a few hours later and it has grown to over 100 replies.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

I think World of Warcraft was somebody's first fantasy game...

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• xS0u1zxxS0u1zx Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Hoolilol

I really cant understand how can u say that for GW2 ....i have played WoW for 3 years and i cant see any resemblance whatsoever

It's quite simple, the OP's main exposure to fantasy has been WOW (that's my understanding anyway), he notcied a similarity to WOW's art in a GW2 vid.

More or less I would have to agree with you...  On the mmo side anyway.   As for single player games that's a whole new other story beginning with an Atari.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by xS0u1zx

I'm sorry but I am simply in amazment and pretty surprised.    I just watched the trailer of Guild Wars 2 from their website http://www.guildwars2.com/en/.   All I have to say is, World of Warcraft version 2.

Now I don't say that out of hate or to troll, but while watching that video it's what was constantly screaming out to me in my mind.  It was like watching world of warcraft with a complete skin remap.    They even have the same style of classes, races, freaking enemies.  HELL even towns/cities look the same.   They got a night elf looking area with yes elves.  They got a worgan city that looks almost exactly the same as gilneas and yes it's filled with freaking worgans. 

I never finished watching the trailer, cause I'm laughing too much in amazement.   I just wish I knew why the hell they were copying so much from wow

Yes I know about the original Guild Wars, I never played it nor followed it and no wow was definitely far from my first mmo.  Just I would hope they could have at least made things a bit newer looking and refreshing.

I guess the game lacks trolls. 

Oh wait, that's covered.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Well done OP, well done. You got a lot of people to bite. You might get that Master of Trolling diploma yet.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by Neiko

Originally posted by heimdall22

I'm sorry but I am simply in amazment and pretty surprised.    I just watched the trailer of Guild Wars 2 from their website http://www.guildwars2.com/en/.   All I have to say is, World of Warcraft version 2.

Now I don't say that out of hate or to troll, but while watching that video it's what was constantly screaming out to me in my mind.  It was like watching world of warcraft with a complete skin remap.    They even have the same style of classes, races, freaking enemies.  HELL even towns/cities look the same.   They got a night elf looking area with yes elves.  They got a worgan city that looks almost exactly the same as gilneas and yes it's filled with freaking worgans. 

I never finished watching the trailer, cause I'm laughing too much in amazement.   I just wish I knew why the hell they were copying so much from wow

Yes I know about the original Guild Wars, I never played it nor followed it and no wow was definitely far from my first mmo.  Just I would hope they could have at least made things a bit newer looking and refreshing.

I'm sorry but I am simply in amazement and pretty surprised. I've just read recipe for pancakes. All I have to say, Its "Macbeth" 2. Same letters, same language... Bah, same words even...

Theres a famous line from Monty Python sketch :

"Yes, you know, we find that nine out of ten British housewives can't tell the difference between Whizzo butter and a dead crab." Assumably, you must be in the "nine out of ten" category...

Well if 9/10 people seen it the way I did, then I guess 9/10 must be right.    Btw, as most people here what you all failed to realize is I was expressing an opinion in how a trailer appeared to me.

Yes opinions are not 100% correct, hell hardly correct at all in most cases.  But to me for the very first time seeing this game with absolutely no exposure to guild wars.  That gave me an immediate reminder of wow, now I don't mean in an extremist way but aspects greatly reminded me of it.   Yes char is different then worgan, yes the black citadel is different.   But how about we update the graphics on wow characters, fine tune a bit and you won't see much of a difference skin wise.  

As for what reminded me of gilneas was what appeared to be a castle like background which reminded me of it.  It was about 3 seconds of exposure so I can't remember details.

If you cannot remember simple details, how are you to go around on forums stating what you think is fact? Without proof, there is no backup to your discussion. Without backup to your discussion, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, or trolling.

I understand that you somehow got the impression of WoW 2.0 from the trailer. But I honestly don't see how, considering your examples (charr/capital).

Btw, I have been pretty clear that what I said was based on opinion.   I shouldn't have to write a disclaimer stating it when I post.    No where did I say anything I said was a fact.

No, but your ignorance really showed. You watched the trailer and made all kinds of assumptions based solely upon it, but instead of going into the forums to FIND MORE INFO you decided to make your judgmental topic. Now you're trying to downplay it by saying "It's just your opinion".

It's not that you don't know much about the game. That's alright. We can help you get informed. It's more about your attitude that's why you're being flamed to death right now.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

0/10

• Diablo4783Diablo4783 Member Posts: 34

lol the most obvious troll ever can still bring out 3 pages of rants for guild wars 2 fanboys.  yes the game looks awesome.  and yes i am going to buy it.  but come the fuck on.  how do you even respond to the OP when it is that ridiculously obvious he or she is trying to get a rise out of you all. 

var fctb_tool=null;
    function FCTB_Init_da4fe19c19c7437aad0fa4ae9283842c(t)
    {
    fctb_tool=t;
    start(fctb_tool);
    }
    FCTB_Init_da4fe19c19c7437aad0fa4ae9283842c(document['FCTB_Init_45cda4fe1b1948c187e56f5d354aade0']); delete document['FCTB_Init_45cda4fe1b1948c187e56f5d354aade0']

var fctb_tool=null;
    function FCTB_Init_7decba04054d4a2f8ca1cc8ca10e3a60(t)
    {
    fctb_tool=t;
    start(fctb_tool);
    }
    FCTB_Init_7decba04054d4a2f8ca1cc8ca10e3a60(document['FCTB_Init_5f42f9f178884e0bb5717825391e8f2f']); delete document['FCTB_Init_5f42f9f178884e0bb5717825391e8f2f']

uber black and red temple of nod gaming case
    4 fuckin gigs of random access memory
    ge force chopper sick balls over 9000 vid card bra
    holy shit im bragging about my computer to play mmo's processor!

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129

Sir Troll I give you a 0/10.

I literally facepalmed when I started to realise you were actually trying to compare GW2 to WoW...

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

This is the cumulation of what parts of the MMO community have degenerated into.

"Game needs a monitor to play?  Looks like WOW'

The OP is such a poor attempt at a troll post that it is really quite laughable.  The character models, textures and animations used in GW2 are so well and truely above the quality of those used in WOW that any attempt at comparing the two should result in the comparing party being sent for an eye exam.  The environments stand up to the same criteria.  Divinity's Reach makes Stormwind look like it was made from cheap ass Lego.....from a 3rd world country.

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

i <3 how he judges GW2 by the trailer and instantly calls it a WoW clone. SOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

• ElricmerrenElricmerren Member Posts: 295

Op hit the trailer for vanilla wow by accident with some of lk, cata, and bc rolled into the trailer as wel. The reason it looked so good was he had drank a few before hand (mmo beer goggles) and then had the music for gw going creating a air of immersion, the men in white coats will be along for him/her soon.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

4/10

GW2 is probably the only MMO (aside from EVE) that isnt copying anything from WoW. everything even remotely related is refined beyond recognition.

you are probably the only troll on the internets who trolls the way you do. 4 points for originality

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Originally posted by drazzah

i <3 how he judges GW2 by the trailer and instantly calls it a WoW clone. SOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

Be nice to the OP.  Apparently actually processing the images poses an issue with the OP.  The OP may have been suffering from shock.

• DrSpankyDrSpanky Member Posts: 341

So you got me to watch it. Did it look a bit like wow? yeah, I guess some parts. Actually, I saw some similarities to a few games out there. I guess it would be a bit hard not to seeing as it is a fantasy game. No big deal for me. I'll give it a go when it comes out.

I actually thought that the opening part with the piano music was a bit corny, but hey, it's just a video.

It's a proven historical fact that beer saved humankind.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by drazzah

He didn't call GW2 a WOW clone.....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by sonoggi

4/10

GW2 is probably the only MMO (aside from EVE) that isnt copying anything from WoW. everything even remotely related is refined beyond recognition.

you are probably the only troll on the internets who trolls the way you do. 4 points for originality

Not sure i would say that gw2 is completely evading copying thigns from wow, sine it has gone away from its original style of play. THe combat and combos that you can do with abilities are refreshing, though not the first time i have seen a game do a combo system wth attack combining to create other attacks (ie phantasy star 4 had a combo system in it's combat though it was a turn based game.). Many of thier races are rather unque most of all the plant people race.

He kinda did in a way with the world of warcraft 2.0 crack so yeah he did call it a wow clone.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

If the 15 second did not intice you enough to finish the trailer then why are you discussing here? Basically you don't like the game? Move on?

This discussion has been closed.