Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2...wow..just wow

xS0u1zxxS0u1zx Member Posts: 209

I'm sorry but I am simply in amazment and pretty surprised.    I just watched the trailer of Guild Wars 2 from their website http://www.guildwars2.com/en/.   All I have to say is, World of Warcraft version 2.

Now I don't say that out of hate or to troll, but while watching that video it's what was constantly screaming out to me in my mind.  It was like watching world of warcraft with a complete skin remap.    They even have the same style of classes, races, freaking enemies.  HELL even towns/cities look the same.   They got a night elf looking area with yes elves.  They got a worgan city that looks almost exactly the same as gilneas and yes it's filled with freaking worgans. 

I never finished watching the trailer, cause I'm laughing too much in amazement.   I just wish I knew why the hell they were copying so much from wow

Yes I know about the original Guild Wars, I never played it nor followed it and no wow was definitely far from my first mmo.  Just I would hope they could have at least made things a bit newer looking and refreshing.

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

So you watched a trailer that didn't show any of the games major features and decided that it is essentially nothing new.

Why don't you spend the next few minutes actually reading about the game and taking a deeper look at it before you start rambling on with your rather uninformed and shallow opinion.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Wait. What? You're relating Charr to Worgen? Do some basic research. 

0/10

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to this, since I'm at awe how you came to the conclusions you did. The graphical quality, and aesthetics of the art style should have, alone, differentiated it from World of Warcraft even if they're both high fantasy settings.

I suggest you research the game and get some more concrete game elements rather than basing your opinion on a trailer.

Places to start...

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Oww, my brain.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Nothing about that video resembles WoW in any way, shape or form.

• xS0u1zxxS0u1zx Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by romanator0

So you watched a trailer that didn't show any of the games major features and decided that it is essentially nothing new.

Why don't you spend the next few minutes actually reading about the game and taking a deeper look at it before you start rambling on with your rather uninformed and shallow opinion.

The key thing about pulling in new customers, is you have maybe 10-15 seconds to make that first impression or do something interesting enough to keep them interested.   After watching for 30 seconds it looked like nothing new, so what on Earth would intice me to watch anything more?     They should have shown the meat in the first bit of it, then I would have happily watched more of it.   

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I'm not sure but I think it is my obligation to report this post as trolling.

And no, this is so much trolling that it can't even be pass off as sarcasm or parody

lol

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Originally posted by Deathenger

Nothing about that video resembles WoW in any way, shape or form.

If it didn't resemble it, then I wouldn't have said it.    I'm not a fanboy, nor do I really care about being on any type of band wagon.

Yes there was an incredible amount of similarity in the beginning of that trailer that did nothing but remind me of wow, if I wasn't taken back by it so much I wouldn't have opened a thread about it.    Especially considering I think I've opened maybe 3 threads on this website in 4 years, that's gotta tell you something.

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Only trolls put "I'm not trolling" in their posts. This is just way to obvious and could have been done a lot better. 0/10

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Pretty good effort. You're at about 1 reply per minute. Not the best trolling topic I've seen but definitely a good try.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by xS0u1zx

The key thing about pulling in new customers, is you have maybe 10-15 seconds to make that first impression or do something interesting enough to keep them interested.   After watching for 30 seconds it looked like nothing new, so what on Earth would intice me to watch anything more?     They should have shown the meat in the first bit of it, then I would have happily watched more of it.   

The trailer you watched was never only a cinematic to look pretty.

The trailer that was made to bring people in is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1JUwPqzQY&feature=channel_video_title

Hahaha, well I guess I should have stated it's not the game play that reminded me of it.  It was the skins, and the many similar like features that resembled world of warcraft.    

That wasn't actually a trailer designed to interest new players in the game, specifically. While I'm sure it could possibly have that effect, it was the trailer designed to tease players about the content that was playable at this years Gamescom back in August.

This trailer was designed to excite players with the prospect of something different.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

With all due respect, just even a slight bit of research will prove that WoW and GW2 are nothing alike. Similarities there are, agreed. But GW2 is (Opinion alert!) so much more.

• nax38nax38 Member Posts: 41

if I wasn't taken back by it so much I wouldn't have opened a thread about it.    Especially considering I think I've opened maybe 3 threads on this website in 4 years, that's gotta tell you something.

You are dumb.

And that's my 16th post since 2008, that's gotta tell you something. 

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Now I don't say that out of hate or to troll.....

Yes you did.

I played WoW since Closed Beta until a month ago. I reviewed alot of what GW2 has posted and it is nowhere close to being anything remotely close to what Wow is.

You failed to research more than you did or you would have came to the same conclusion.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Hahaha, well I guess I should have stated it's not the game play that reminded me of it.  It was the skins, and the many similar like features that resembled world of warcraft.    

If you honestly are pushing the point that Charr look like Worgen, and the Black Citadel looks like Gilneas then I have no further interest in convincing you of anything, since it's clear you're only trolling. image

Originally posted by BizkitNL

With all due respect, just even a slight bit of research will prove that WoW and GW2 are nothing alike. Similarities there are, agreed. But GW2 is (Opinion alert!) so much more.

Well, research comes after some interest is shown for something.   I had a curiousity peak about guild wars 2, so I decided to go to their website and see what it was about.   To see if it was something worth investing in.     But that trailer I seen completely threw me off from any type of expectations I could have possibly had.

Yes it looked good, and yes I'm more curious about it.   But that doesn't change the fact that as a person who used to play wow for a few years and no I never went into watching it even with the game in my mind.  In fact I was thinking about Eve online since I was just in several discussions about it. 

When someone watches something new, naturally they end up comparing it to the closest thing in their mind.   Thus is why I was amazed and completely shocked, cause to me from what I seen it "looked" and "appeared" to be a world of warcraft remake.   Now that's going on just what I seen, not what I read or anything.

• SmokebreathSmokebreath Member Posts: 4

hahahahahahaha.... lol im literally laughing my head off at this thread....even the idea of wow and gw2 bieng the same makes me laugh my head off. ur kidding about how u saw charr as worgen right? u should really do some research and then u would know charr existed b4 worgen. What city looks like gaylneas? what enemies look the same lol the humans look like the ones in wow oh no ...wow had humans first the least we could do is make gw2 humans look like retards.  I hate ppl who assume things cause 90% of the time they are wrong. over my life ive learned that  ass-u-me...yes it makes an ass out of both u and me. They dint copy nothing from wow the closest thing they had to copying is aspects from the first mmos ever made. Once again u cannot accomplish anything without research so learn abit about the game before you atk our forum.

• graffix_75graffix_75 Member Posts: 25

damn ... all out of troll feed :(

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

I am sorry but i gotta side with the OP here. GW2 is gonna just be same easy mode solo MMO crap that is being spoon fed down our gullets. God I hope I am wrong but i just don't see any way past the no need for class mechanics (Healer, tank, dps, mage) if everyone has a self heal??? Give me a breAK!

MMO's indeed have become anti-social hermit mode solo, single player games with a chat box to allow communication with fellow retards... *sigh*

Until I know more on any new release I will stick with Age of Conan for now ...thank you very much!

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Why not? People do this with SWTOR on a daily basis!

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I swear to god, if you guys don't stop responding to troll threads, I'm going to put snapping turtles down all of your pants.  Just let these threads drift off into the abyss of page 76. 

• heimdall22heimdall22 Member UncommonPosts: 76

I'm sorry but I am simply in amazment and pretty surprised.    I just watched the trailer of Guild Wars 2 from their website http://www.guildwars2.com/en/.   All I have to say is, World of Warcraft version 2.

Now I don't say that out of hate or to troll, but while watching that video it's what was constantly screaming out to me in my mind.  It was like watching world of warcraft with a complete skin remap.    They even have the same style of classes, races, freaking enemies.  HELL even towns/cities look the same.   They got a night elf looking area with yes elves.  They got a worgan city that looks almost exactly the same as gilneas and yes it's filled with freaking worgans. 

I never finished watching the trailer, cause I'm laughing too much in amazement.   I just wish I knew why the hell they were copying so much from wow

Yes I know about the original Guild Wars, I never played it nor followed it and no wow was definitely far from my first mmo.  Just I would hope they could have at least made things a bit newer looking and refreshing.

I'm sorry but I am simply in amazement and pretty surprised. I've just read recipe for pancakes. All I have to say, Its "Macbeth" 2. Same letters, same language... Bah, same words even...

Theres a famous line from Monty Python sketch :

"Yes, you know, we find that nine out of ten British housewives can't tell the difference between Whizzo butter and a dead crab." Assumably, you must be in the "nine out of ten" category...

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

This is a perfect example of perception is reality and its great!

This discussion has been closed.