Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Player Housing in v3.0

2»

Comments

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

Yeah, I'll deffinetly be back for this one. I've always loved housing in games. I always bounce between WoW and back to EQ2 becuase I love housing.

Can't wait! June?!? Awww... Hope it will be good either way.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• The_GarrisonThe_Garrison Member Posts: 2

This will for sure make me get back into the game!  I remember talks of this before the games launch.  I will look into getting my account active soon!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Not long ago i resubbed to Aion thinking the game would have dealth with the numerous handicaps it had back at release.

i started a new alt on a new server and leveld up and dived into the Abyss.

man o man what a disapointed adventure that was....its filled with Twinks hunting you down where ever you are.

I got 1 shotted by a zillion hunters and sorcs :(

From level 25 and up you die at any place where pvp is posible due to twinks roaming the area.

Now imagen that at max level you need to farm points and tokens trough pvp and a medium set of armer takes a year to get when you die alot by pimpt out chars and the RNG that is involved -_-

Its still so RNG based that for me the fun was gone after 2 weeks of playing again.

If you had a chanse to fight better geared people and your skills was importand i would resub in a heart beat.

But that is totaly not the case in Aion, matter of fact is that you can now buy supllements in real cash shop to make your char even stronger so its bye bye aion for me.

Weak points of aion in a tldr:

RNG 

Insane farming for gear

Cash shop to make your char stronger then ever + you monthly sub ? lol

Twinks raping you with 1 shot

Loot still drop way to less

No thanks i keep playing Eve / GW1 for the time being ;)

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

This is terrible. Aion lost it's art style completely.

It used to be okay in the start...

But then came the cash shop items and stupid costumes (bunnies, flowers, idiotic pets) and now a whole different style for the houses. You have to be female or -12 year old to like this, and even then I guess allot would still puke from it.

I'm happy I left the game before Aion 1.5. I used to be one of the best Clerics on my server, leagion leader and organising big zegs in the Abyss... never looked back with regret of leaving.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Originally posted by lordathon

Believe it or not, this patch will transform aion into a diferent game, it will be as i expect the 2012 mmo blockbuster. But sure we have too wait. Maybe June?! What is your guess? :P

Btw, dont know why that atonishment with the style, most of the great rooms in Pandemonium are victorian style, or something like that - im not an expert ^-^ but i still like the game, even when they sell on shop a 100% chance to socket manastones (omg i wont forget it).

No it will not

The issues that resulted in mass players exiting will still be present.

Do not be too surprised to see furniture items appearing in the online store as NC continue to milk the remaining players.

RNG, hopeless support, server transfer fiasco, terrible community, the list goes on.

Judge's verdict - you may be able to paper over the cracks when you decorate your house -  but not in the game.

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

They get rid of the buff items in the cash shops forcing people to actually earn their armor and such IN GAME, I'll consider comning back. Spending RL money on better armor is universally retarded. Player become divided by income. For F2P thats fine because I don't play those. You're paying a sub fee and now you have to pay for the good upgrades? Forget it.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by Ethos86

But then came the cash shop items and stupid costumes (bunnies, flowers, idiotic pets) and now a whole different style for the houses. You have to be female or -12 year old to like this, and even then I guess allot would still puke from it.

I'm happy I left the game before Aion 1.5. I used to be one of the best Clerics on my server, leagion leader and organising big zegs in the Abyss... never looked back with regret of leaving.

Soo you have to be negative 12 years old or a female to like the game? I guess you're saying that you have to be a sperm, and that females have the same taste in video games as sperm? Fantastic. 

On topic: I'm usually one that begs and pleads for player housing in games, but if the game is no good then I have no desire to spend my time making a house in said game. Runes of Magic and several other MMOs have player housing, but if you aren't immersed in the game and wanting to really make the house your home, and share it with the community in that game then what's the point? If you just want to decorate a house might as well play The Sims or use an interior design program. 

I played Aion when it was released for a bit... fantastic little journey (er other than the gold spammers and such) to the mid 20's then the grind and repetitive questing started and the appeal of the abyss and such didn't even make up for it. I don't think player housing will make the game any more bearable (ESPECIALLY considering that this game is play to win now?) but I might resub to try the game out until GW2 comes along... more because I want to see what has become of it, I doubt I'll enjoy it more than I did before I decided to quit. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Ethos86

I'm inspired to return after hearing people like you left the game. NCSoft must be on the right track, and I like where they are going with this update.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

The idea of player housing in separated areas of the game just does not work.  Unless you can put the housing in actual playable areas of the game, like SWG and UO did it is just a superfluous add on.

Aion will never really be a viable option far as I am concerned, as long as they have a cash shop with items that effect gameplay.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by odinsrath

i just dont get it..why is player houseing soo important to some people..

when i see comments like "wow i may just re-sub when this comes into play"  or "man i rly hope they have player houseing next patch or expan or im going to rage "  im not just talking about aion ..its alot of mmo's out there..imo there is no reason for it at all and its just more down the lines of the "single player mode" of mmorpg's

Housing  has been in mmorpg's since ultima online so really its not a new thing and also it gives to the community it doesn't take away from it.

Originally posted by Ozmodan

The idea of player housing in separated areas of the game just does not work.  Unless you can put the housing in actual playable areas of the game, like SWG and UO did it is just a superfluous add on.

Aion will never really be a viable option far as I am concerned, as long as they have a cash shop with items that effect gameplay.

I agree that it was more fun in SWG and UO, but that wasn't without it's obvious problems too like the frustrating remote availability of an open space to even place a house.

Instanced housing like EQ2 and Lotro have already proven to be popular with the playerbase made apparent in the websites devoted to showing off your place, having contests around best decorated houses, or how to get all the different decorations and/or housing types, not to mention hangouts for you and guildies, friends, or whoever.. So you might not like the idea, but it works just fine for a lot of players. Superfluous? Yeah, of course, but no more than any of the outfit dyes, clothing skins, appearance options, and tons of other popular content.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Yeah, I guess that was more or less my point when I was asking "What's with the excitement about player housing? Especially if there is no gameplay aspect involving houses.", or probably odinsrath comments. It seems a bit like a superfluous add on (a bit of a bonus), which really makes it a bit of a stretch for me to say that suddenly the subscription to Aion becomes worth it again ("The Sims" anyone?).

Now, it's funny that if we don't "understand" player housing (in this specific context) we are qualified by some people as "gimme action now i wanna pwn some noobs" type of player or it is assumed that we are "logging on to an MMORPG to simply be on top of some chart or DPS meter", or that we "flag ourselves as someone who's never played a real mmorpg, but instead, started with and likes the MOBA style of games (log on, queue up, hack'n'slash, pewpew, call someone a noob, check out your ratings, log off)".

This poster, as someone who is not "from the new breed of "gimme action now i wanna pwn some noobs" mmo gamers set foot in the few but still 'pure' mmorpgs, infecting them with such a lack of vision, imagination, and will to be communal and friendly", seem very imaginative (others = thugs MMOs Vs refined MMOs = me) , friendly ("infecting 'pure' MMORPGs") and barely prejudiced.

I am confident however he is not a representation of the majority.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Originally posted by IrishChai

I agree that it was more fun in SWG and UO, but that wasn't without it's obvious problems too like the frustrating remote availability of an open space to even place a house.

Instanced housing like EQ2 and Lotro have already proven to be popular with the playerbase made apparent in the websites devoted to showing off your place, having contests around best decorated houses, or how to get all the different decorations and/or housing types, not to mention hangouts for you and guildies, friends, or whoever.. So you might not like the idea, but it works just fine for a lot of players. Superfluous? Yeah, of course, but no more than any of the outfit dyes, clothing skins, appearance options, and tons of other popular content.

Thanks for this reply. Actually, contests about best decorated house somehow feel fun - I would just like to see what players can come up with... =D

Originally posted by askdaboss

Originally posted by IrishChai

Thanks for this reply. Actually, contests about best decorated house somehow feel fun - I would just like to see what players can come up with... =D

Yeah, me too. I didn't do a lot with the housing I had in UO, SWG, EQ2, or Lotro, but I enjoyed having it there as a kind of showcase of collectibles similar to Ezio Auditore's mansion in Assassin's Creed II, with the obvious improvement of choosing the furniture. It really is impressive what people can come up with when they are given the right tools, so I think it also holds some similarity to the popularity of games like Minecraft or LittleBigPlanet.

I'm a big fan of Aion in part for it's incredible graphic style, so I'm looking forward to this just to see what I can do. I would much rather spend my time hunting down a collectible, crafting furniture, or other methods of decorating my place than going on raids again and again. It's just a preferred diversion from questing or grinding to some people.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by SBFord

Such Victorian looking housing for a decidedly non-Victorian type game! :) I like 'em though!

Is that really what the houses look like?  That is totally not what I picture in my head when I put Aion and Housing together.  It is pretty cool though, and even cooler that you don't buy the house from a cash shop but earn it through questing.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Just another grind fest from Korea. Hit level 20 and then you need groups but they are hard to find on a dying server.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Aion is a fun massively-multiplayer game.  This is one game that I might come back to some time as it is probably more massively-multiplayer than the other thinly veiled CORPG's currently out, and disguised as mmorpg's.

The housing element is a really nice addition, from the sounds of it, and something I wish more games would implement from the success of and experience from my UO days.  I didnt see whether it was instanced or open-world type, but the only ding I would give it if it is another shallow instance like EQ2 and LotRo that has demonstrated far less appeal, more community fracturing and providing less game-play world immersion than not.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Originally posted by Olgark

Just another grind fest from Korea. Hit level 20 and then you need groups but they are hard to find on a dying server.

you play in beta? or we playing a different game?

i just hit 35, mostly solo, doing mostly quest and a little FT now... and there's tons of quest, weird....

RIP Orc Choppa

• adennadenn Member Posts: 13

I love player housing. Best thing since sliced bread. I loved it swg and wished it would be in wow. Just think, displaying old armor sets, or skulls from raid bosses. Pics of your guild hanging over the mantal.  just awesome imho. And enough to make me cancel swtor pre order and end wow sub. Aion, here I come!

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Player housing is one of those things that is very important to me, mostly because it provides a further level of character customization, something RPGs need to really focus on. Character customization and development in an open world.