Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Vanilla WoW servers yet ?

2»

Comments

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by alterfenix

Originally posted by Rusty715

I too have often thought how cool it would be to play the 1-60 game again. But those that have touched on how it wouldnt be as good as we remember I think are correct. Anybody old enough to rememer the origianal Battlestar Galictica series? Try watching them now :)  Best to keep the vanilla memories and friends we made and let it go, at least for me.

I didn't watch original Battlestar but I recently watched Star Trek: Next generation series again. Thx to this series I started to love scifi and you know what? I watched it again and still loved it more than most so called scifi that is on tv now.

We can't really expect Blizzard to release vanilla server as we remember it as that wouldn't be simply possible. But some rules they should be able to revert to original ones or at least those from TBC time like exp requirement to level up so ppl actually have a reason to leave cities so ppl again will start again playing WORLD of Warcraft not Capital Cities of Azeroth.

Personally I'd like to see servers with even Cata content but ruleset based as much on vanilla/TBC as possible.

We own all 7 seasons of TNG as well. It has stood the test of time as has some others. I guess my point was that very few things were as good as we remember them being. While I had a great time in vanilla I doubt it would be the same if we could relive it.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• pepper201pepper201 Member Posts: 4

Hi

lol much as I would love to see vanilla servers I doubt that will ever happen. Blizzard is gonna

invest in the xpax not the old vanilla content. I played wow for 4.5 years  but i would still be up to

going back to Classic/Bc server. Still nice idea though, you never know what can change . image

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

Originally posted by page

Originally posted by skulljoe

Cause it was really awesome having to grind mobs cause there wasnt  enough quests avaliable to get minimum level for next map

But its true that rank14 gear wasnt so OP as arena rating gear is against full blue people 

Now in my Original post, I said a Vanilla WoW server, or CLOSE TO IT.

Do you really think I meant the very first edition, with all it's bugs and broke ?....Sure, I motioned that I would send them a disc, cant you figure that I used sarcasm ?......Don't you think that Blizzard has an archive of patched vanilla WoW with many fixes ?....If not don't you think that if they were ever serious about making a vanilla WoW server, they would fix a lot of bugs, and missing content.

1) you would have to be close minded and live inside a box, to think like that.

2) Your against a vanilla WoW server so bad that, You would like to derail the post. 

Sure some like WoW as it is.  But many would love choices, in fact I would guess about 2 million of the 11 million would.  In fact 2 million or more would come back, making it 13 million.

...So...you want all the benefits of the current patches and whatnot...but not all the content?  I seriously don't understand then, I would have guessed if you wanted the "classic" wow servers you would want them sans anything...including patches, and changes to dungeons etc.  If you wanted all the new updates, but just wanted to play on azeroth....I would guess then all you would have to do is buy a copy of the game and don't get any of the expansions.  Problem solved (I think).

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Rose tinted goggles. If Blizzard did make a classic WoW server, people will try it for sure. But be bored with it within a month.

It's a thing of the past. It doesn't fit anymore.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Wow, now I see why you can't please mmo players, we're just too different. I for one would not be playing wow if it hadn't benn for th changes they have made. As a casual gamer with a child and a full time job, I quit vanilla due to time sinks. Namely, looking for groups, getting to the dungeon once you found a group, finding members to fill holes as half the group quit on the way there (cause it took 40 mins lol). I hated it, and too much time was spent doing tedious shit instead of Playing the game. I think the changes they have made are awesome and I have been playing again since cata. 

So have fun with a vanilla server if you have the time, it's clearly not for me. 

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

vanilla wow was nice back than, mostly because it was a refreshing experience back then and something really new in regards of polish and user friendlyness in the mmo sector. still besides the "old is always better" feeling most seem to have, noone would really play vanilla wow for that long - would be fun or a few weeks but then....

why ? back than it was new, fresh.

today wow is an instant group finding itemgrinder wihtout anything to achieve besides that which a lot got bored of. always the same.

well if you stay objective vanilla wow was also just an item grinder just minus the instant groups. noone would by today go pvp at the crossroads beyong the nostalgia feeling of the first few days as most will know what wow is all about by now and would grind items the fastest way possible as 99% of the wow players do as of today :P

wow vanilla would suck after a few days as of today, face it :)

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

I too have often thought how cool it would be to play the 1-60 game again. But those that have touched on how it wouldnt be as good as we remember I think are correct. Anybody old enough to rememer the origianal Battlestar Galictica series? Try watching them now :)  Best to keep the vanilla memories and friends we made and let it go, at least for me.

I didn't watch original Battlestar but I recently watched Star Trek: Next generation series again. Thx to this series I started to love scifi and you know what? I watched it again and still loved it more than most so called scifi that is on tv now.

We can't really expect Blizzard to release vanilla server as we remember it as that wouldn't be simply possible. But some rules they should be able to revert to original ones or at least those from TBC time like exp requirement to level up so ppl actually have a reason to leave cities so ppl again will start again playing WORLD of Warcraft not Capital Cities of Azeroth.

Personally I'd like to see servers with even Cata content but ruleset based as much on vanilla/TBC as possible.

We own all 7 seasons of TNG as well. It has stood the test of time as has some others. I guess my point was that very few things were as good as we remember them being. While I had a great time in vanilla I doubt it would be the same if we could relive it.

Well my point wasn't that Blizzard should create vanilla server with all it's flaws and ppl would be happy. I still remember those 24h unexpected emergency maintanances, how customer support was then, bugs and so on. But what If they made server even with Cata content (after all why not) but with rules adjusted to reflect rules on original vanilla servers as much as possible using current mechanics. That way such server could take best of both times, not just revert to vanilla/TBC with all it's flaws. It wouldn't be vanilla definitely but it wouldn't have to be WoW as we know now as well.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by page

Vanilla WoW :

-  No dungeon finder. I'll find my own groups and will ride the old fashion way, thank you very much.

- No easy mode and fast leveling. I'll use skill, if you don't mind.

- No cinematic cut scenes, and phasing. I'll make my own story. 

- Hopefully less kids, if they call the servers " classic ".

- Bring back South Shore, so I could feel the danger and use skill to fight instead of every buff,de-buff, and counter to all my skills.

- Fill the Open World with players. Because of very slow leveling so I could make some friends, instead of everyone leveling from levels 21 to 22 in less than one hour. My friend that I made two days ago at level 19 is now 48 because I took a day off.

- Most important : No Character transfers. Just start good and fresh.

Kind of laughed out loud at those two... Nothing in this game has ever taken "skill"...oh, unless you mean skill as in knowing what spot to stand in and when to hit your cooldowns...but that is all button presses anyway, so...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Well my point wasn't that Blizzard should create vanilla server with all it's flaws and ppl would be happy. I still remember those 24h unexpected emergency maintanances, how customer support was then, bugs and so on. But what If they made server even with Cata content (after all why not) but with rules adjusted to reflect rules on original vanilla servers as much as possible using current mechanics. That way such server could take best of both times, not just revert to vanilla/TBC with all it's flaws. It wouldn't be vanilla definitely but it wouldn't have to be WoW as we know now as well.

I know what your point is and I know what mine is. Polished, patched and perfect, vanilla wouldnt be as good as I remember it being.  My reference to the original BSG explains this. It was goods in its time, but its time is over, just like WOW vanilla 1-60 is over.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.