Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is darkfall closing??

2»

Comments

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448

You knew the answer to your own question  was "no"  as soon as you typed the words " this was said  on the Mortal Online forums"  

• ZnarfZnarf Member UncommonPosts: 82

Originally posted by deathshroud

rubbish...

the changes are by no means little: specializations, new classes, new armor, new magic system, new melee and new archery...

who owns tne current game WILL NOT pay for the new one

the rest can only be guessed

what if you try talking about something you understand at least a little?:(

those dont really sound like massive changes at all tbh. Nothing that couldnt of just been added to the original darkfall at least.

so other than adding specialization, of which there is no one today, classes, nowhere to b seen too, new specialized armor, today it is always the same, magic system all new, new combat system...what do you want?:)

you know, a wheel is always round...

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Dont get me wrong im looking forward to a fresh start for the game and will be giving it a shot come 2.0. But dont use the features as an excuse for a relaunch. When esentiailly they arent likely to wipe meaning old characters ported to the new game, which means its the same game with the same characters jsut a few new additions.

So how fresh is this new relaunch going to be when your esentially playing your same character in the same enviroment with a few new armor sets and combat animations/fps/thirdperson view on magery. That does not sound like a new game to me.

the excuse of a relaunch is obviously to get more subs, its no secret that the current population in dakrfall is quite low and the game needs a boost in sales and player base. This is achieved with an increase in interest best way a relaunch sicne simply patching these things into the current darkfall would not garner as much interest but the problem is that they are likely going to overhype this relaunch (like release) since we all know its just stuff the game should of had from the beginning and isnt relaunch worthy.

the main 2 issues with darkfall that prevents a large amount of the current sandbox population from even trying the game is,

1. the unforgiving grind

2. the lack of a cap on skills, meaning players who grind are rewarded constantly.

adress the above and wipe the server and i would consider it a fresh start and so would the majority of people not currently playing.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

non mmorpg is without grind, why DF should be?

a wipe would maybe gain some outside population at the cost of the full, nearly, actual playerbase: suicide, imho

there will probably be some kind of "soft" wipe:  characters stay, gold is gone, materials stay but are rendered useless by the new crafting/magic system, house are reverted to deedsand skills stay but are rendered useless by the new skill tree

that could happen and I hope so

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Hey guy, i heard world of earth will end in 2012.

Will probably be reboot as f2p after.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

I think we should form a branch of "Occupy Wall St". but call it Occupy AV and go camp in the parking lot of the office demanding info.. This will force AV to be honest about the actual state of vaporware 2.0. I will poop on Tasos' car to kick off the occupation.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Moreplex

This was said in the Mortal Online forums.

deathshroud

Hard Core Member

Add Buddy

/ Report  / Block

10/03/11 2:41:44 PM#24

i think the game will live past janurary based on the TC update. More people will sub for that than dawn and it has a better chance of keeping them playing especially considering the current istuation with swg and darkfall, 2 mmo sandbox games coming to a close means people looking for something else.

Is there any truth to it?

No, Darkfall has only announced future plans for growth with 2.0 coming out...so, no clue where that would come from.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Yup no closing at all..

AV make cash from many different things not just darkfall, Population is half decent on the EU in that I mean it has stopped dropping and we are seeing losts of new players every week..

AV have announced DF2.0 and there will be a new asian server... so no where near dead..

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by TalRasha

Is there an optional subscription to that?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by xKingdomx

There will be lots and lots of different cash shops.

Originally posted by xKingdomx

There will be lots and lots of different cash shops.

you can preorder at your local priest

bear in mind that a wipe is scheduled

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Unless I hear it from an official sourse it complete BS. Tasos....comment please.....

***Raises plunger in slaute to Re-L Mayer of the anime Ergo Proxy!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes