Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do you have so much faith in this game?

14567810»

Comments

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by noturpal

the only actual reason is "because it has to be."  

They coundl't wrap their minds around the fact anet can't make a great mmo.  In fact GW was mostly bad, ever since the first expansion gw was considred bad pvp.  Will GW2 be great pve, I bet it will.  Thats what they pushed and tried to perfect in GW w/o consideration to the pvp.  Thats why there is almost noone from the original team that left blizzard.

GW2 will in fact on both the small scale(which they call structured to make it sound 1337), to the large scale, where they failed miserably in GW.

It will just another fantasy mmo, with big dragons.

If you ever played the tempest of set from AoC you will understand skills that have no target are actually EASIER to use that skills with a target.  The whole pvpness that was anet is gone and this is just another homogonized mmo cash grab, ala every expansion they put out.

It will fall flat on its head and the hype they keep putting out seems to tell the tale that they know it.

Now here's your equalizer for the "evangelists" :)

By the way, noturpal, everything you said is so tainted with personality that I won't bother dissecting and countering them. Afterall, there are more GW reviews that disproves your statement than those that support it!

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Because GW2 is the game that players deserve, but not what we need

Nah scrap that, we need that game.

More devs in the market is always a good thing.

More devs = More games

More games = More errors

More errors leads to eventual success

Therefore more devs = faster production towards eventual success.

GW2 can either be part of the devs that eventually leads to success

or

GW2 is part of that success

Either one is worth having faith in.

Because faith keeps us stong? HA Rift.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

The developers aspire to do something fresh and different with Guild Wars 2.

Most MMORPG developers have zero interest in that, hence we get new coats of paint on the same old same old, like Rift and SW:TOR.

Will they succeed? Maybe, maybe not. They might crash and burn. But the fact that at least they WANT to move the genre forward has guaranteed my interest.

• MagisterXIIMagisterXII Member Posts: 7

Why am I all over this game? Many people forget that this is a sequel. I enjoyed playing GW1 especially Factions and enjoyed the people I played it with. Guild Wars 2 was announced many years ago as a played previous Guild Wars games, but little information was given until not that long ago. So, I'm glad to see that they're putting so much effort into this game, the large amount of additions being brought in, and also the amount of improvements being done. Remember that quite a few Guild Wars games came before this and I'm glad to see Guild Wars continue and advance from what it once was. Looking forward to it.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820

I have faith in this game because I have faith in Arenanet. They are amazing developers with a supportive and creative staff, great customer service, and philosophies I can agree with.

Guild Wars was the  best game I have ever played, back in its day. It gave me more hours of enjoyment than any other MMO... or any other game, period. Over 4000 hours and many good memories.

Guild Wars 2 WILL be even better. This is a fact and a prophecy.

I'm happy for you, Blizzard,  and I'mma let you finish, but Anet are the best developers of all time. OF ALL TIME!

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180

I'm happy for you, Blizzard,  and I'mma let you finish, but Anet are the best developers of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Amen to that! image

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Meowhead

Originally posted by Distopia

We're talking forum posters here, and the critique they offer, as well as the discussions that come from it. If it generates a good discussion it is constructive critique. This has nothing to do with what developers should do or how games should be made, it's about the act of discussing games.

Edit: as an aside, all critique is based on "personal preference"......

Actually, I would agree that sharing your opinions on a subject that is a matter of preference isn't really constructive criticism as such.

Sort of like seeing an orange and going 'I like apples'.  That's not exactly constructive.  IT's hardly even criticism, it's just stating one's preference.

... not that I think there's anything wrong with discussion of preferences!  I'm all for it.  In fact, I'm fine with people saying things like 'I dislike (insert design element of GW2) because I prefer (Insert alternative design element).  I'm personally willing to discuss such things with people, but maybe I'm crazy.

... but if somebody shows you a painting and you say 'Oh.  I don't like paintings of cars, I like paintings of airplanes', that is just a statement of preference in subject matter.  Of course, if the person says 'The problem with your painting of an airplane is it looks like a car', they probably don't really understand what's going on....

... constructive criticism would be more like 'There's too much negative space in this painting, it throws off the balance'.  :T

I completely disagree, that seems to be a play on semantics to me, a way to discount a topic of discussion.

If poster A says: I'm not really into the concept of GW2, I feel they should have designed world PVP differently. I'd prefer PVP that was server based. IE: My friends and enemies share an environment. This is a critique based on personal preference and it's stated in a way to promote constructive discussion in a forum envronment. As that's what we're trying to do here ( well most anyway)

They criticized the choice A-net made with their design and constructively offered what they'd rather see. That is constructive criticism.. The above could be taken straight out of a future review for GW2 which is nothing but a critique. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism

there you go, guys. knock yourselves out.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

because all other mmo's out and some new incoming are booring to death

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

Originally posted by Aeander
    I have faith in this game because I have faith in Arenanet. They are amazing developers with a supportive and creative staff, great customer service, and philosophies I can agree with.

Guild Wars was the  best game I have ever played, back in its day. It gave me more hours of enjoyment than any other MMO... or any other game, period. Over 4000 hours and many good memories.

Guild Wars 2 WILL be even better. This is a fact and a prophecy.

Nice reference at the end.

imageimage

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by MangaMaiden

Amen to that! image

Hmm, that's a little premature; let's wait until they actually get an MMO out.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by MangaMaiden

Amen to that!

AM2 says lol ok
  • Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

I think this thread has become retarded lol

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

@ topic tiitle

I dont

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

It's a AAA dev making something the most dissimilar to WoW (well TSW as well) compared to everything else AAA devs are pushing out.

That and it's got no monthly cost.... people will buy it plainly because of this and people will not get any other mmos plainly because of this as well.