Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: The Beauty of Battle

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers the best TERA screenshots. In this week's TERA Tuesday, the screens show off the deadly beauty of combat in the game. Check them out in our TERA Tuesdays: The Beauty of Battle feature.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThomasBPGThomasBPG Member UncommonPosts: 86

Yes we have established the game is pretty. Please make with the beta or info releases....

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Nice looking game. So was Age of Conan.

I'd like to in-depth breakdown of this game, e.g., economy, pvp, classes, etc. I know I can up that info myself, but I really don't care much to.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

What did we tell you about screenshots?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Pretty does not do it.  Why did the korean version have to condense servers so quickly after launch?  That does not speak well for the game even though the western version is being heavily customized.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

MOAR SCREENSHOTS!

That pretty much sums up the majority of Tera updates.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

It starts to feel as if the game has nothing going for it than graphics.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

The idea is to print off all the screen shots. Pile them up, then flick through them quickly. This will give you a run through of the game.......

Spoiler - the first hour is the guy trying to pick the weapon up.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Pretty does not do it.  Why did the korean version have to condense servers so quickly after launch?  That does not speak well for the game even though the western version is being heavily customized.

Well, if you want to believe the fans of TERA then it's not that our version is being heavily customized. it's the fact that TERA is normally very westernized already and Koreans don't like it. TERA is very quest grind heavy instead of normal grind and you can reach max level in a week and a half. This is apparently why it's not doing well in Korea.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

The weapons are too small. Sure, some naysayers, and the old and muzzled graybeards who were ancient in their yesteryears would say 'A sword the size of a tree is stupid. No more stupid."

Not enough stupid, I say! A tree? A piffling, trifling common object is enough to sate your desire for blood and mayhem? I want swords the length of football fields! I want halberds capable of giving the moon a vasectomy! I want weapons carving such deep grooves into our Mother Earth that even DragonBallZ characters will have to stop and say 'Wow, that's overkill.'

Originally posted by Talthanys

The weapons are too small. Sure, some naysayers, and the old and muzzled graybeards who were ancient in their yesteryears would say 'A sword the size of a tree is stupid. No more stupid."

Not enough stupid, I say! A tree? A piffling, trifling common object is enough to sate your desire for blood and mayhem? I want swords the length of football fields! I want halberds capable of giving the moon a vasectomy! I want weapons carving such deep grooves into our Mother Earth that even DragonBallZ characters will have to stop and say 'Wow, that's overkill.'

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

They know they had a bad launch in Korea...thats the hold up with NA, they want to make it right.  they already said Q1 2012 I believe, or maybe it was Q2, but they did say it.  I think the biggest fail for the koreans was the flagging...pretty much no one wants that.  Pve guys don't want much pvp anyway, and the pvpers don't want flagging...so to even have the flagging was silly.  I think they'll take out flagging and the game should be successful here....need to add sieging though for end game in a game like this.  Otherwise Archeage will eat it up when it launches.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

A giant enemy crab. I wonder what you can do to hit it for massive damage?

Originally posted by afhn2110

They know they had a bad launch in Korea...thats the hold up with NA, they want to make it right.  they already said Q1 2012 I believe, or maybe it was Q2, but they did say it.  I think the biggest fail for the koreans was the flagging...pretty much no one wants that.  Pve guys don't want much pvp anyway, and the pvpers don't want flagging...so to even have the flagging was silly.  I think they'll take out flagging and the game should be successful here....need to add sieging though for end game in a game like this.  Otherwise Archeage will eat it up when it launches.

Taking out flagging will ruin the game here just as much as leaving it in. Why? Cause people will gank people in PVP gear. It's already been stated by players that anyone in PVP gear while you're in PVE gear is going to beat you. Gear over Skill will take over and then you will have people rage then rage quit.

• liadzliadz Member Posts: 35

Going to war, gotta get my high heels.

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

Was there a point to this useless post ?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Otakun

Well, if you want to believe the fans of TERA then it's not that our version is being heavily customized. it's the fact that TERA is normally very westernized already and Koreans don't like it. TERA is very quest grind heavy instead of normal grind and you can reach max level in a week and a half. This is apparently why it's not doing well in Korea.

I have seen that response many times and it could be true, but most of the comments I have seen from the people who have tried the korean version say it lacks a lot in content.   I guess we just have to wait and see, but I doubt you will see many subscribe to this game without it getting glowing reviews.

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

...because things that are popular in Korea are popular everywhere

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129

Forced PVP is not that desired in the US, I think that would be a big detractor from the game's success.  I would have liked AION if it werent for the lack of good PvE, forced PvP and the eye-gougingly bad nature of the PvP

I have been watching and looking forward to the unique combat system of TERA for a while, if it were to go forced PvP it would definitley kill it for me.

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

first of all if this game failed in korea thats a dam good reason  to be succesful in the west....(aion is the top mmo in korea and we all know what grindfest horrible rng it was...)

tera has MUCH MUCH more less grind and lottery to win.

it has AWESOME PVP...ranked pvp...warzones,guild vs guild and guild from one server vs another server.

i could continue all day long about tera..it is an awesome game. (played korean version)

koreans have a totaly different taste than westerns and for me tera failed in korea is all i need to buy it.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

They charged 33% more for their subscription fee, on top of it, Koreans do not like subsciption. So for a game to even have one in the first place screams failure in KR, but to have the most expensive Subscription fee of any mmo known to date, well that's just their fault.