Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do play/don't play RIFT if...

Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

Play RIFT if...

- You're looking for enjoyable PvP (and are willing to keep up to date on FoTM builds and tweak your build frequently)

- You want an extensive and fun class system

- You don't care about originality so much, just polish

- You want developers that are passionate about their game and update frequently

- Wanna look good in armor from level 1 

You are bored and looking for a filler MMO while waiting for another 

Don't play RIFT if...

- You're looking for engaging lore and storyline

- The Next Big MMO to create a revolution in the genre

- Fun crafting system

- You want slow levelling

- You hate WoW-style end-game

Feel free to add more to help people out or if you disagree.

Comments

• CuradorCurador Member Posts: 24
    It looks like you covered everything I could think off. I will play Rift till GW2/ArchAge release.
  • PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

I would say it is a mix of WoW and LOTR style end game. Blizzard will freely admit that their goal is to get you to raid. Anything outside of raiding it does not even seem to be considered.

Trion lately atleast has seemed to focus on 1,2,5, and 10man content more then 20man. If you look at 20man you have 4 options..Greenscale(5boss), River of Souls(5 boss), Hammerknell(11bosses), and daily raid rifts(5 types)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Tutu2

Play RIFT if...

- You want developers that are passionate about their game and update frequently

this x10  --  no other mmo compares to RIFT for updates that I know of

I didnt like RIFT due to the lack of lore but I do appreciate the RIFT devs enthusiam to add new things to the game

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

I loved the excitement, lore and storyline during the first 15 levels.  It was not as good later in the game.

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

Do play RIFT if you like to pretend you are playing a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Don't play RIFT if you want to actually play a Massively Multi Player Online Role Playing Game.

Caveat Emptor