Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions on the game

zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I have played other MMO-RTS such as Travian and Stronghold kingdoms and although i find them more fun than mmo-rpgs most of the time, the one issue i have is the persistent world applied to a base. As it can be attacked at any time, you cant just forget about the game for a couple of days, it can take over your life, you need to log in many times a day to tweak things, and fend of an impending attack, or set up defence if it doesnt play out in real time. I am a hardcore gamer but i draw the line at 24hr micro managing.

Can anyone say how the defence works out, how much attack warning you are given and how often you will have to stay up 3 more hours or get up much earlier, or skip eating out for lunch due to things that need your attention?

Thanks.

Comments

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

Well this reply is a little late but I have only been playing since release so I can only really answer your questions now anyways. Town PvP is going to be implemented in about a week along with alliances. Your city can only be attacked while you are online and there really isn'y any notice it just pops up on your screen, where you can click "fight" or "pay off". If you choose to fight you commence the battle but can still surrender at any time by paying the opposition off so just make sure you have enough resources on you at all times. I haven't tried it yet but defending is going to be way easier then attacking but we will find out more soon!

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Thanks very much, its an important issue to me. I'd completely forgotten about this game, i'll check out now again, thanks.

• Magicmud83Magicmud83 Member Posts: 9

Just a bit of a warning, the game has so so many bugs in it atm. Fun when it works but just today during the 2 hours I played I had to relog 6 times and crashed twice. PvP is the core of the game but for a game calling itself a rts troops die very fast, to fast to react rly and very little planning. The game also has very few features in place atm you cant even set up your troops when going into pvp they are just lumped together when you enter. The MMO part of the game currently is a chat room theres no guilds, running into other players outside of a matched pvp, meeting places such as towns, not even a friends list. While things may get better in time it should not have been released at its current stage and if not patched up fast enough will be a ghost town before it gets a chance to live up to its promise.

Originally posted by Magicmud83

Just a bit of a warning, the game has so so many bugs in it atm. Fun when it works but just today during the 2 hours I played I had to relog 6 times and crashed twice. PvP is the core of the game but for a game calling itself a rts troops die very fast, to fast to react rly and very little planning. The game also has very few features in place atm you cant even set up your troops when going into pvp they are just lumped together when you enter. The MMO part of the game currently is a chat room theres no guilds, running into other players outside of a matched pvp, meeting places such as towns, not even a friends list. While things may get better in time it should not have been released at its current stage and if not patched up fast enough will be a ghost town before it gets a chance to live up to its promise.

Yes the game is buggy but you really won't encounter many issues unless you are PvPing which is jumpy and frequently out of syncs or crashes. Yes PvP is the core and is why they are working hard on it. Update 1.0.7 the latest one has made PvP run a little smoother for me and they will be addressing the out of syncing next patch. Yes troops die very fast but armies are easy to make. I can make a full, near max level army in 20 minutes no worries at all, you just need to know the correct trade routes and you can still make a lot of gold off killing dragons. Guilds/alliances will be implemented next week so theres not much point complaining about that along with PvP city sieging. General chat is quite lively all you need to do is ask a question or start chatting and you will have a very friendly community helping you out. It could have done with a few extra months in the oven before it was released but they had a deadline so really didn't have much choice. I have played a lot of MMOs in my time and never seen a small group of developers work this hard and smash out a new patch every 2 days. I picked this up on release day and haven't put it down since. If you don't want to deal with some bugs and crashes give this one another month, otherwise jump in now it's not like you have to pay a subscription anyway!

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

If you have $30 to blow than go ahead , the first few hours are fun, although the flickering shadows are really annoying and there is no way to turn them off, infact there is no way to turn anything on or off , more things dont work than do!. The graphics have a washed out quallity to them, you will want to play at a higher res (set the res through your desk top) but you better have a super computer if you do.    It has the makeings of a great rts onlline game but so far the lag is  killing it. You start a quest on the world map or PvP and yes all your troops are lumped together, you start putting all your archars together over here and your enchanters there and ------------you suddenly realize none of your players are moving , the camera is not moving nothing---FREEZE----your camera can freeze for up to 5 seconds and the bigger your group is the worse it is, and yes your troops die very quickly and your reaching for the Heal button and pushing and pushing it and------------damn lag again. 

When you are in your city and building up troops and doing quests (there are not many quests in your home city) it is very playable, the lag is less thank the Gods of the Internet.  The poster before me has been playing this game for many, many hours so I believe him when he says you have to know the trade routes because if you depend on just building from your base it will take forever.  The one thing and I am starting to think it is the only thing this game has going for it are the developers who for the most part have worked diligently to try to put out all the fires in the game , but 3/4 of the world is on fire so it will take a long time, they are very active and usually will come on the forums and answere your questions , although the other night I asked nicely when they might have an idea of the lag fix and got no answere probably because no one knows.      

But like I said in my first impressions post if you can drop 30 and have a  large amount of patience and are willing to grow with the game than why not.

Yeah I still don't know if I agree with you about the graphics but they definately need to work on a way to turn those shadows off because it does get a little annoying. Really if you want to pick this one up you can grab it now and if you don't like the lag or bugs you experience in some areas of the game just come back in a month or so because theres only the one time payment. If you play enough like me you won't even have to spend cash on expansions or DLCs, you can just use the in-game currency. The above is 100% right on the developers Reverie World Studios they are amazing. In the last 2 weeks they have done 7 patches and fixed well over 150 bugs, though there are still more to go. Looking forward to next week with alliances and town sieges being introduced! Also after the last patch where they reworked the core mathematics of the game PvP is running a lot smoother for me, it is still very jumpy but getting a lot less out of syncs and disconnects.