Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steve Jobs has passed away.

2»

Comments

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62

I cleaned up the language a bit here, please refer to the Language Policy when posting.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• creatives11creatives11 Member Posts: 5

Hope this MAC and APPLE gadgets will give some freebiezzz

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

THINK BBBRRAAAIINNNSSS!!!

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• joinwithmejoinwithme Member Posts: 3

good for him. at least he will no longer feel the pain

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

?

• MytobMytob Member Posts: 79

R.I.P Steve. Thanks for the iProducts.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I am temped to ask, what loot did he drop?

As a religious man I pray for all who suffer and die. However... he wasn't really a great man. Many inventions were made by others and he just claimed to have made them. And his biography shows he was a deeply selfish, nasty and unpleasant person in fact. But I guess humans need their hero fantasies.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by Elikal

As a religious man I pray for all who suffer and die. However... he wasn't really a great man. Many inventions were made by others and he just claimed to have made them. And his biography shows he was a deeply selfish, nasty and unpleasant person in fact. But I guess humans need their hero fantasies.

This.

I hate all of the idol worship that he's getting, it's disgusting...you know that Dennis Richie just died as well..the man who invented all of the code that Jobs used to get famous dies and nobody says a word.  The most disengenuous reason I've heard from a mac fan about it?  That Dennis Richie may not have wanted a lot of fanfare tied to his death.  Can we get an intellectually honest argument from one of these Jobs worshippers about this please?  How is it, that a man who was a brilliant inventor, who is responsible for all of Jobs' success, is hardly looked at upon his death, while Jobs is hailed as some sort of hero?  It really only speaks to this asinine mentality of Apple fans that their products somehow put them on a higher plane than others...it makes me sick.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

lol I keep hearing the "no one appreciates Dennis Ritchie" thing but that's gotten tired. The New York Times and every other major publication has covered his death. Not to the level of Steve Jobs but why expect him to be appreciated as much as Steve Jobs was? He wasn't as public a figure. Not as many people write C as they use an iOS product or an iPod.  

I also don't think Steve Jobs claimed he invented ANYTHING first. His name is on some 300 of Apple's patents or more but its not like the guy pawned himself off as Billy Mayes. He preached and practiced high quality consumer products and a whole lot of people in the world loved them. That's all there is to it. 

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by Draenor

Originally posted by Elikal

This.

I hate all of the idol worship that he's getting, it's disgusting...you know that Dennis Richie just died as well..the man who invented all of the code that Jobs used to get famous dies and nobody says a word.  The most disengenuous reason I've heard from a mac fan about it?  That Dennis Richie may not have wanted a lot of fanfare tied to his death.  Can we get an intellectually honest argument from one of these Jobs worshippers about this please?  How is it, that a man who was a brilliant inventor, who is responsible for all of Jobs' success, is hardly looked at upon his death, while Jobs is hailed as some sort of hero?  It really only speaks to this asinine mentality of Apple fans that their products somehow put them on a higher plane than others...it makes me sick.

It's all about marketing. Steve Jobs managed to sell himself to the public to a ludicrous extent. But hey let people ideolise one of the many unethical business men who sold average products.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

I wonder if Steve Jobs got uploaded to the cloud.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Sheista

I wonder if Steve Jobs got uploaded to the cloud.

Lol is that Jobs' version of hell?

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.