Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: SotW: Piracy is B.S.

13»

Comments

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Originally posted by Nesrie

Originally posted by Grahor

That's why when you buy a used Lego toy from eBay instead of buying a brand new from Lego store, you get the toy, but the producer of the toy gets nothing! You are a criminal. There is no way around it.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. There is a used market for almost any product. If a company can't stay in business for it, step aside, another one will come in and take their place. Also, go spend some time looking up what the definition of a criminal is... you missed the mark by a long shot.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, though I have no idea what point he was making.

• c4viper1c4viper1 Member UncommonPosts: 28

ok following your car analogy, in the car case we can go into a car dealership and ask for a test drive if a game has no demo we are denied the oportunity to test to see if we like or not said product ... so pirated copy comes to play, and the " i pirate games cause i cant afford them" is pretty pertinent now more then ever, unless ppl havent noticed theres a major economic crisis going on, and im very much of the opinion that if game companys were to lower the prices they would actually make more money or make the same money but have alot more customers and in business having alot of customers is probably a good thing...

• Lighten_UpLighten_Up Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by c4viper1

in business having alot of customers is probably a good thing...