Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game will end up the same as rift

SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

To be honest i really have no idea why this game so high in rating..

On the other Hand every big game company who releases a game is overhyped tho..

What does this game gives?

Basic Questing

Tab target

housing?? I don't know?

Video's : Combat looks really dul ( youtube movies)

Can maybe any one explain to me: why this game is getting so much attention?

Comments

• esos24esos24 Member Posts: 34

Coz its awesomises(not really word?) gonna shine sooo brightly that everybody gonna be blind :)

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Even if this game would do as bad as Rift (which I seriously doubt), Rift is still one of the most succesful mmo's to come out in recent years, at least in the west.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

If you'd only visit the SWTOR webpage you can READ all about it... You can watch events where SWTOR was introduced more than once, they explained EVERYTHING... I just hate the slackers/trollers like you who can't bother to go and learn about the game before he/she craps about it on the forum... Interesting

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Snoepie

I don't know?

Indeed.

edit: But don't let that detain you from being terribly judgemental. You fit right in.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Basic Questing

Tab target

housing?? I don't know?

People like it. I like it. I couldn't care less about any hype, though.

Rift couldn't hold me for long, but this is Star Wars, with Bioware NPC Interaction (Trademark? :P). That's a sure-buy for me.

That said, I couldn't possibly change your opinion, nor can I be bothered to. We'll just agree that we disagree.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Thread title is a complete contradiction of the contents of your post. You predict how the game will end up one second then go on to say you know practically nothing about the game.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Jiminy Cricket's! How many threads like this are we going to see per week? No offense OP but there are already fifty threads asking this question per week as it is.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

i do agree when your into starswars thinks.. you must be exctited..

I had the same with warhammer.. and got turned down very hard.

But still what does this game innovate? combat looks very dull tbh

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

Maybe, maybe not.

If it gets good reviews etc from the bigger media (TV, internet sites bla bla bla). Then more people will buy it and maybe like it. Brainwashed like Blizzard did with WoW.

Second is the large Guilds. If they leave other games for this one, then I'm sure the rest will follow. No fun playing a MMORPG when it's empty.

Last is Star Wars, millions of fans all over the world. Can it fail?

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I found it addicting and fun to play.  So......yea.   Id play more.  If I could. 

So.....there.  And Im picky.  Really picky.  I buy maybe 5 games (not including mmos) a year. 

I didnt have explosions from the screen projecting behind me blowing me into the desk while I yelled YEEEE HAAAAW but I had a good time.  Take that as you will. 

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Definitely better than Rift imo.

It worth playing even if its only for the single player story.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

The questing is FAR from basic. Even the more run-of-the-mill fetch quests are given a bit of interesting back story through voice acting, and the dark side/light side choices are fun, as well as affecting what quests you get later on in some cases.

You don't get housing AFAIK, but you DO get a spaceship which pretty much serves that function plus transportation. I don't know exactly how much the interior can be customized, but I do know there will be some options made available.

The combat IS tab target, but feels much better than other MMORPGs. The animations especially make it feel pretty visceral, and they synch up pretty well with the action.

I'd love to elucidate further, but I'd be breaking NDA (all of the info I've listed has been made available through various articles and such).

Insofar as hype goes, well, it's basically an MMO sequel to KOTOR, which is probably one of the most renowned and beloved Star Wars games of all time. That's gonna add a few points to the hype meter, as well as the fact it's being made by Bioware, which is one of the most cherished companies by RPG fans.

Personally, I think the game lives up to the hype. I will be buying and enjoying it come Dec. 20th, and the wait will be painful, lol.

Originally posted by ShredderSE

Maybe, maybe not.

If it gets good reviews etc from the bigger media (TV, internet sites bla bla bla). Then more people will buy it and maybe like it. Brainwashed like Blizzard did with WoW.

Second is the large Guilds. If they leave other games for this one, then I'm sure the rest will follow. No fun playing a MMORPG when it's empty.

Last is Star Wars, millions of fans all over the world. Can it fail?

I think you mixed up the species Ovis aries with Homo sapiens. (I.e. sheep with humans). (Though I agree there are some similarities between them though).

"Large guilds" and "good reviews" won't decide if a mmorpg will be a lasting success. If that's what you think made WOW so big it shows that you don't know much about what makes mmorpg's tick and what doesn't.

There has been considerable hype for games like WAR, AoC, Aion and others over the last years, and many people jumping in at launch but that didn't prevent them from burning out like shooting stars as soon as people got bored due to crucial things like lack of content.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

where do guys get this info then?

People say far above basic question??

I've seen alot movies and i found it just mwee

O how much did that preorder cost?? was it something like 150 euro orso??

Originally posted by Corehaven

I found it addicting and fun to play.  So......yea.   Id play more.  If I could. 

So.....there.  And Im picky.  Really picky.  I buy maybe 5 games (not including mmos) a year. 

I didnt have explosions from the screen projecting behind me blowing me into the desk while I yelled YEEEE HAAAAW but I had a good time.  Take that as you will. 

I'd second this as far as experience goes, I've been trying to keep myself from playing as much as possible, while I actually like testing games, and taking part in that process, there's just so much about this game that can be spoiled far before I'm ready to jump in with my guild and soak it all in, it's been a fruitless effort thus far though as I can't stop. Hopefully Fallen earth will keep me occupied.

BTW I"m the same way when it comes to games, I don't have an interest in many at all right now haven't for a few years, the ones I do get though have given me plenty of fun experiences over that time. Oblivion, The witcher 1&2, FO3, Drakensang, Divinity 2, FONV, Medieval 2/empire total war, BF2/BC2 and Mass Effect 1/2  Those are the games I've purchased myself since Oblivion released, anything else I've dabbled in my girl bought and I've played through very few of them.

This will probably be deleted lol.

This is a great place to start reading: Information gathered on Swtor so far.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by DarkPony

That sig scares me, but oddly I can't turn away.

In Bioware we trust!

Originally posted by Nazgol

Originally posted by DarkPony

That sig scares me, but oddly I can't turn away.

*smokes pipe and squints*

If you stare at the center of the sig, Nazgol, are your eyes drawn to the left or right?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Rift did bad? I'd be happy to have an MMO release as good as Rift.

• SharookSharook Member Posts: 72

Basic Questing

Tab target

housing?? I don't know?

Yepp anything you write is in there and I totally agree about the fights. And more. What you do is disecting the game into its parts and judging it from this. This is like taking a picture of Michelangelo, listing the colors that he used and judging the attractiveness of this image from that list.

What you forget is: SWTOR is Star Wars! You know, this religion about the force that was founded in 1976?

At the time of its release, there wont be another SW MMORPG (apparently there can be only one!).

This might not appeal to you, puny blasphemer and infidel, but it does to many many others.

Yes it might be a well polished, completely voiced  WoW clone.

BUT it will be a well polished, completely voiced  WoW clone WITH Jedi and lightsabers and stuff.

And that from a company with an excellent reputation that has yet to disappoint its MMO customer base (all others already have ;-) )

P.S. Hypemeters are always overrated, just like financial markets. You know, to few facts - too much emotions ;-)

• DarthMechDarthMech Member UncommonPosts: 40

rift is harly a failure great launch fast udates still has a good player base.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

TOR will be a hit with the kid MMO gamers, it won't be to the taste of many first or second gen MMO gamers, the single player games which it's based on are shallow console rpgs.

Originally posted by IAmMMO

TOR will be a hit with the kid MMO gamers, it won't be to the taste of many first or second gen MMO gamers, the single player games which it's based on are shallow console rpgs.

I find this kind of post to be hilarious, second, how would you know what first or second gen MMOers want? I didn't paly WOW, I didn't play LOTOR, I didn't play EQ2, I didn't play WAR, I didn't play rift, I did like Fallen Earth (go figure), I will play TOR.

I'm an early gen MMO player, so are a few hundred SWgers I will be playing TOR with from Bloodfin, for us old timers it's not as much about the game as it is about us playing together.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Basic Questing

Tab target

housing?? I don't know?

People like it. I like it. I couldn't care less about any hype, though.

Rift couldn't hold me for long, but this is Star Wars, with Bioware NPC Interaction (Trademark? :P). That's a sure-buy for me.

That said, I couldn't possibly change your opinion, nor can I be bothered to. We'll just agree that we disagree.

Rift couldnt hold you long yet you are expecting the exact same game but with voice over acting falore to do the same thing.  What exactly is different from SWToR and Rift, they are the same exact game with different developers and different story but the gameplay, the style, the instances, the endgame, the pvp and everything is the same yet you think SWToR will hold you over.

Read the defenition of insanity sir.  You know the whole "doing the same thing ad naseum expecting a differing result".

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

This discussion has been closed.