It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
a couple of eve folks in my alliance were talking about this when we brought up "free things to do when you dont want to logon to eve". most eve players seemingly play world oftanks for their breaktime game but i get my treadhead fix playing WH 40k in real life so when someone mentioned dragon nest and it got the "eve snot seal of approval" (yeah, at least i'm the kind of eve snot who admits he's an eve snot) i decided to download it and try it.
the tl;dr version is that it's basically the best Lobby game i've ever played. (IE a game with multiplayer hubs to join up and instances to fight in, a la DDo for another example)
what do I like about it:
1) I like the quest text. I am really really impressed that an azn free game actually got translators and writers with good senses of humour to do the quest and story text for the game and it really made me enjoy reading the quests and i felt like the NPC "characters" really came out in their interactions texts they have with the main character. (and for the record, i'm not the kind who reads all the text on every game, i'm a sporadic quest text reader at best)
2) I like the diablo + hotkeys style of fighting, the "third person FPS" controls and the animations. I'm not a 100% anime style person (in fact i'd like the game more if it was "americanime" art styled like the modern batman cartoons) but the art fits the world and the characters fi the world as wellas the fighting animations fitting the characters.
3) I like branching classes (i wish there were more final classes than 8 but i'll guess they will put in more eventually) I liked them in l2 and eq2 (when eq2 had them).
4) for the most part I like the skill tree system.
5) i like the loot customization system.
what don't i like?
1) i don't like the limited visual customization of your character
2) I understand the idea behind the pwr system but i don't like the way it's implemented.
3) i REALLY don't like not being able to bind stuff to my gamers' mouse.
4) i detest gold sellers' spam.
overall to be honest i think i'd actually pay money for this game (i like it as much as GW and i bought all of the GW games). I dont think it (or any lobby game) could ever be my main game (i am a fan of big explorey worlds) but i think that it's great for what it is and i certainly am spending more time on it than i expected.
thx for reading and constructive comments welcome.....
(itchenstein on this game's Argenta server)
RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.
Currently Playing EVE, DFUW
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.
Dwight D Eisenhower
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.